• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unemployed folks, how do you fill the time?

The Butcher

📶
I quit my job a few day back (had issues with supervisors, would rather not go into it) so now I've got a lot of free time. I'm single and good on money, so while I am hunting, I'm cool with taking a break. I don't think I'm going out on a limb to assume that some of you are or have been jobless, so I figured I'd ask you guys for suggestions. As of right now I've taken to spending an ungodly amount of time on here and replaying Oblivion. While spending the day in my boxers staring at monitors isn't without it's perks, I figured that's only sustainable for so long. So I ask, what have you guys done during periods of unemployment?

Lots and lots of sleep. Oh, and reading posts on WrestleZone instead of filling out apps.

Thats because you're the rightful heir to Middle Earth Barbs.

You just don't remember that yet.

Lots and lots of sleep. Oh, and reading posts on WrestleZone instead of filling out apps.

Done and done.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=257761

You can start by posting here.

Then we can talk about boobs for a while.

I'm workin' on it, I'm workin' on it. I've narrowed it down to Jim Brunzell and Marty Jannetty.

Барбоса;4530625 said:
I write books and historical articles.

I definitely need to get into some intellectual pursuits. I read a fair amount, but I haven't attempted to write anything in a while. Good one.

Learning is a prett good thing to do and not feel shit about yourself. Unless you want to feel shit about yourself? Get to your local college library, or buy a For Dummies book. Go for speed-reading first, and the rest are a breeze.

Stay up till 2 am, sleep in till 12 pm every day of the week. Your day feels significantly shorter so at least you don't have as much time to fill in.

Sorry I really don't have a life outside the computer...

I've got 2 month since I'm back at uni so I have a ton of time on my hands. I mainly watch TV and films. I've watched all 3 seasons of GOT, 3 seasons of Mad Men, 3 seasons of Justified, a season of Fringe, Sherlock and a ton of Community. I've been very fucking bored with life. The only good thing I've been doing is going to the gym. You could try that?

Thats because you're the rightful heir to Middle Earth Barbs.

You just don't remember that yet.

Do you mean that I am secretly Aragorn II, son of Arathorn? Or that I am the spiritual successor of Tolkein/Martin?

Because I can assure you that both are incorrect.

I definitely need to get into some intellectual pursuits. I read a fair amount, but I haven't attempted to write anything in a while. Good one.

Start by pre-ordering my book from Amazon.[/shamelessplug]

Just start looking for work now. The longer you put it off, the longer and crazier you'll become. Eventually, it feels like the walls are closing in on you. I do push ups when I feel hopeless after filling out an app an praying for a call. Eventually though, I should be as big as Austin Aries.

Drink cans of Stella, wear a wife beater with obligatory bean stains, at least an hour down the pub at lunch times telling everyone that "I can do an ard days graft, just gimme a chance" and eventually a dog, preferably a bull terrier.

Drink cans of Stella, wear a wife beater with obligatory bean stains, at least an hour down the pub at lunch times telling everyone that "I can do an ard days graft, just gimme a chance" and eventually a dog, preferably a bull terrier.

HUH?:confused::confused:

Just start looking for work now. The longer you put it off, the longer and crazier you'll become. Eventually, it feels like the walls are closing in on you. I do push ups when I feel hopeless after filling out an app an praying for a call. Eventually though, I should be as big as Austin Aries.

Trust me, I've already put out feelers and have my Monster.com resume updated. Plus my scratch off lotto ticket fall back plan seems pretty airtight.

Well, I don't drink alcohol anymore and stained t-shirts have been a part of my wardrobe since college. I can certainly give the cockney accent, hard luck story, and dog a whirl, though.

Learning is a prett good thing to do and not feel shit about yourself.

Having been away ill for some time, I seem to spend most of my time reading up on anything that interests me or is in the news. I also cook a lot, play games and am cutting my way through the IMDB Top 250 films. Need to get out a bit more but don't really feel up to it.

Trust me, I've already put out feelers and have my Monster.com resume updated. Plus my scratch off lotto ticket fall back plan seems pretty airtight.

Yeah, that was my plan too. When I was little, my dad would buy me the $1 and 2$ tickets. Every time I'd scratch one, I'd win. It would always be $20 or more too. I was very lucky as a kid. Now that I am an adult, I lose way more than I win. Hell, I was an addicted gambler like my father was. I just play the Powerball or now the Mega Millions, when the pot is some outrageous number.

Best of luck to ya Dr. May you win and if you do, spend wisely.

Oh, and thanks for reminding me about Monster.com. I've been just using Careerbuilder. Now, Ill look up Monster tomorrow and see what they have to offer. Right about now, I'd shovel shit for $10.00 an hour.

I've got 2 month since I'm back at uni so I have a ton of time on my hands. I mainly watch TV and films. I've watched all 3 seasons of GOT, 3 seasons of Mad Men, 3 seasons of Justified, a season of Fringe, Sherlock and a ton of Community. I've been very fucking bored with life. The only good thing I've been doing is going to the gym. You could try that?

Missed this earlier, but I do have a lot of TV to catch up on. As for exercise, I either ride my bike or jog at the local park 2 or 3 times a week. I've never much cared for pumping iron, so I'd have to find a gym that offered alternative exercise. My sister-in-law recommended yoga, and I've considered it. Probably something I'll look into after this initial chill out period is over.

Well, I don't drink alcohol anymore and stained t-shirts have been a part of my wardrobe since college. I can certainly give the cockney accent, hard luck story, and dog a whirl, though.

You have your perfect combination.

Missed this earlier, but I do have a lot of TV to catch up on. As for exercise, I either ride my bike or jog at the local park 2 or 3 times a week. I've never much cared for pumping iron, so I'd have to find a gym that offered alternative exercise. My sister-in-law recommended yoga, and I've considered it. Probably something I'll look into after this initial chill out period is over.

I hate lifting weights for the sake of lifting weights, so I got a job that made me do a lot of physical exercise and that's kept me in reasonable shape, maybe you should. . . Oh yeah that's the problem.

I hate lifting weights for the sake of lifting weights, so I got a job that made me do a lot of physical exercise and that's kept me in reasonable shape, maybe you should. . . Oh yeah that's the problem.

:lmao:

If I do get a menial labor job, I'll be sure to use that excuse. "I don't have to dig ditches, I'm just trying to stay fit."

Sex with bar wenches. If no wenches, *********e.

Done and double done.

What kind of work are you looking for? What type of work have you been doing?

I recommend you reconnect with an old friend or family member that you don't see or talk to enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back