• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Undertaker's new music?

yeerandee

Dark Match Winner
On smackdown, the undertaker came out and left to "aint no grave". So how do you feel about undertaker changing his music?

I hope that this is just to keep the last outlaw thing going and he will not have it change for good. Hopefully he uses it just until wrestlemania and use the normal music at wrestlemania. I dont like how the vibe felt, especially when he was leaving. he did not seem as scary and powerful like he should. the last time undertaker really changed his music was during the crap badass era.

Personally I L.O.V.E it. Like I was markin out a lot just to hear him with that music more than seeing taker himself :p
I would be fine if he kept it, but while I think his old theme fit the character better I never liked it as a theme.

I was actually thinking of making a topic about this.
I absolutely love the new theme.

He's still got the 'dong', which is practically like the glass shatter of Austin. Captures people's attention instantly which I think is the most important part of an entrance.

The new theme gave him a type of eerie feel which I really liked.

"ain't no grave that can hold my body down."
relates to his streak, or maybe that's me just seeing a relation.

The Last Outlaw is probably going to be Taker's last gimmick, and what he's going to retire with. Let's face it, it would be pretty hard for him to be inducted in WWE's Hall of Fame with the Deadman, since he seems to be pretty big on Kayfaybe and everything, and The Last Outlaw seems like a good way for him to act and dress like the Deadman without technically being the Deadman, ie. Wrestling Grave-digging Zombie Reaper God Whatever-Thing.

Besides, I like the idea of The Last Outlaw. The last of the old guard, from when RAW first aired.

I Read yous posts, and im seeing that New Music takes the lead!!

:S I Personally dont like it!! I think that the old one, always gived a hell of more crowd reaction, and changing it, was a bad idea, it's like changing Cena Song right now to something like Mettalica, simply dont fit !

I dont like that new song, and i think that will blow is misticism!!
Just my opinion :D

I think the song in and of itself generally fits in with the general mystique of Taker's character. The song has a very stark feeling about it with obvious references to death and the afterlife. The beat that the song has along with the rattling of the chains just further enhnances the dark tone of the song even though it's really something of an inspirational song if you listen to the lyrics. The song also happens to be one of the last that Johnny Cash recorded before he died.

Cash's version of the song is a great contradiction just like The Undertaker's character has been for most of the past 20 years.

Fantastic song and naturally better then Takers music but he needs to change his entrance a bit, he was walking to the old entrance music whilst the new one played, he needs to speed it up just a smidgen.

I'm actually for both the new music and the subtle change in The Undertaker's gimmick. He's actually become a bit more human which is something I like. The music did make the entrance a little less scary, but I'm actually fine with that. It's as if The Undertaker is allowing you to see what's under the cadaver exterior a little bit more. There's also that foreboding feeling, that mood that even he is on his last long walk, in the attitude of the new music.

The Last Outlaw concept is something I like. It has both the nostalgia of returning to his very first western concept as well as the idea of "finality".

I like how the music fits with his "new gimmick" of the last outlaw.
After watching his return on smackdown i couldnt help but feel that he is making the character more "human"....how many times have we seen taker in the ring making a promo and walk around as much as that, or not use that groggy voice all through, or actually agree with what somebody said (like he did HHH). I couldnt help but feel that this whole promo was a bit odd for a "deadman" does anybody agree? If it is a case that he is making the character more "human" then i think the music is perfect, because as a previous poster said it fits into the mystique of his character, because he is still the deadman, but he is "the last outlaw" could this name and the music be hinting at something?

could the last outlaw be a hint that this will be the last run of taker?
with the music being the last piece cash wrote before he died, is taker using it as the last piece before his character "dies"?
who knows, but it is a great song to go with his character, considering how many times he has been buried.

I like how the music fits with his "new gimmick" of the last outlaw.
After watching his return on smackdown i couldnt help but feel that he is making the character more "human"....how many times have we seen taker in the ring making a promo and walk around as much as that, or not use that groggy voice all through, or actually agree with what somebody said (like he did HHH). I couldnt help but feel that this whole promo was a bit odd for a "deadman" does anybody agree? If it is a case that he is making the character more "human" then i think the music is perfect, because as a previous poster said it fits into the mystique of his character, because he is still the deadman, but he is "the last outlaw" could this name and the music be hinting at something?

could the last outlaw be a hint that this will be the last run of taker?
with the music being the last piece cash wrote before he died, is taker using it as the last piece before his character "dies"?
who knows, but it is a great song to go with his character, considering how many times he has been buried.

Yeah, I noticed that too. He seemed very human while doing the promo. He haven't heard him talk like that since like 2003. Even he was moving alot more too.

In my opinion, I think this is the gimmick he's leaving with. Because he now can be more human than his deadman, "I'm gonna take you soul," supernatural Undertaker, who barely said a word. And also, I like the new gimmick. I'ts like a mix between the Deadman Undertaker and the ABA Undertaker. Like all of his gimmick's during his whole career rolled in to one.

Anyway, I like the song, and it's cool how he using it now. He is The Last Outlaw, before I didn't think it would make sense for someonel ike Undertaker to have a gimmick change. Now it make's sense, he can retire more of a human/supernatural character. I think it's safe to say this is the last gimmick we will see as The Undertaker. :icon_sad:

I love the song change. It adds another layer to his character. Judging from the promo he cut this past Friday, he's a more talkative Undertaker than before. Add to that the fact that he literally returned from being "buried alive" and the song definitely makes sense over the more subdued music he'd been using in years past.

I am still split on the music though. I understand the reason but if he retires and "dies" wouldn't the music be the opposite? Anyway the "Last Outlaw" is awesome because i felt he had more of a western feel then cult leader. The talking like said gives him more life which he needs because he can't help build a fued by staring and doing the throat motion. Back to the music for now. I think the beat (clapping) in the background sets a good tone for him but the music needs to be faded a bit or something. Like Johnny is singing in the distance or in a cavern. This would tie the deadman to the last outlaw well i feel. Anyway i think the Taker even being on his way out will be his best gimmick i have personaly watched.

I hate it. It doesn't have the presence that his gong song did. I know it fits his gimmick but I just can't look at him the same way with this song. It just doesn't have the same feeling. I know he is still Taker and stuff but his gong song was HIS song. It was perfect for him. The lyrics of the song fit Taker but the song itself, doesn't.

I like the idea but it felt weird with him moving to it the same way he does his classic music. He should change his pacing and/or they should add some classic Taker mood music under the Johnny Cash, maybe a few well timed lightning strikes as well.

I like Rest In Peace far better than Ain't No Grave. For an entrance at his stature with all the gong, smokes, and darkness, the current song is too tame for Undertaker.

And I can't see why he has to use ain't No Grave only because he's The Last Outlaw. At Wrestlemania 20, he had on the same outfit as he is now but he used Rest In Peace and it turned out to be perhaps his greatest entrance ever. I doubt if he used Ain't No Grave that time, the entrance would have been so legendary. And who can forget the entrance at Wrestlemania 23 when he first appeared as a shadow? I doubt Ain't No Grave would have suited that moment.

And I don't see why because he's acting more human he can't use Rest In Peace. When he was using The Lord of Darkness Gimmick (1997-1998) he was also acting human (showing emotions and refusal against Kane, wearing T-shirt, not talking about burying people all the time) but he still used Rest In Peace and his Wrestlemania 14 entrance was freaking memorable. I doubt Ain't No Grave would have given the same feelin with all the druids.

I hated ABA for being so weak, but even his Rollin entrance, which was inferior to Rest In Peace, is far superior than Ain't No Grave.

I hope Ain't No Grave will be gone ASAP. I hope he returns to Rest In Peace from Wrestlemania 27 till the day he retires. I will hate when it comes to the day he retires wihin his last match, it's Ain't No Grave that plays instead of Rest In Peace.

First off Undertaker's Bad-ass gimmick was not crap. He was one of the best characters in the WWF at that time along with Rock, Austin and HHH.

OT: I personally like his new music, think it sets a good atmosphere and like others said it makes it easier for him to cut promos etc.

I echo the majority statement, "Ain't No Grave" is an awesome theme for him to stick with it. The fact that a legend like the Undertaker's theme is a song by one of the most iconic singers of all-time like Johnny Cash as well; I'd take it as a compliment.

The new gimmick he seems to be doing as well, I prefer to the Deadman gimmick. It was cool back at Wrestlemania 20 to see him come back as the Deadman, but recently when people go on about him retiring, I always said that you can't have somebody portraying a dead guy get inducted into the Hall of Fame. I mean, we all know he isn't dead, he fucking appears at UFC events but in the WWE he just wouldn't break character like that.

Even when he embraced Ric Flair on Flair's farewell, he didn't really go overboard on breaking the gimmick. He just showed respect.

I'm for the new music and the "Last Outlaw" gimmick, it's a hybrid of the American Badass and Deadman shticks.

-i enjoyed this, the new song fits his new persona. of course, the undertaker should change up his outfit to match his new persona even more. his promo was good too.
-actually speaking of promos, triple hhh and undertaker have cut many promos but neither man has stepped into the ring for a match, or have had a physical confrontation (other then triple hhh pedigreeing sheamous and his dark match tonight 03/14/11(which im not really counting, triple hhh needs air-time)), basically the wwe has our attention, now get us interested.

I love Johnny Cash and I love Undertaker. I can't think of a better song to introduce Undertaker's outlaw gimmick. At WrestleMania he should come down to the ring riding a giant black horse. His promos are a little weird even for The Undertaker, probably because he talks like a normal wrestler.
I'll be ok if he retires with this gimmick but I would prefer him to go out as the Deadman. It was the persona he's been using most of his career. Let him stay outlaw for most of the year, then take a break and finish off his career as deadman.

I thought WWE would only use this song for the big 2-21-11 "surprise," but it seems like this song will become Taker's new entrance. I actually enjoy this song. It does have this creepy and spooky feel to it, and these moods do go well with Taker's character. Still, it will take me some time to get used to this song. I've heard "Rest In Peace" so many times over the years, and I always thought this theme was perfect for Taker. Although, I had these same feelings about Triple H's "My Time" and Randy Orton's "Burn In My Light," but "The Game" and "Voices" eventually grew on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back