• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Undertaker's Last Run

MMK

Getting Noticed By Management
If Wrestlemania 32 in Texas is to be The Undertaker's final show, how would you book his last run with WWE?

For me I would like to see all of the different incarnations of the Undertaker persona be brought back for at least one night over the course of the next 8 months, starting with The American Badass version of The Undertaker at Summerslam in a few weeks against Brock Lesnar. A match which Lesnar wins by the way, thus resulting in The Undertaker being written off the show for another few weeks.

During that time Bray Wyatt forms a new, bigger and better version of The Wyatt Family. Bray's body farm includes Luke Harper, Bo Dallas (a psychotic giggling manchild who acts as the Stevie Richards to Bray Wyatt's Raven), and Sandow & Axel (two lost souls in desperate need of direction who fall under Bray's guidance). Bray, who lost to The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 31, wants another shot at the deadman. So he and his family start calling the deadman out each week on RAW but to no avail. Eventually at Hell In A Cell Undertaker returns but not as The American Bad Ass, but instead as the Ministry Of Darkness Undertaker complete with Ministry theme music and devil beard. In the buildup to Survivor Series Undertaker reforms his old ministry to take on the Wyatt Family in a traditional elimination tag match at Survivor Series.

At Survivor Series it's The Wyatt Family: Bray, Harper, Dallas, Sandow, Axel VS The Ministry of Darkness: Undertaker, The Acolytes & The Brood. Bradshaw and Faarooq can still go, as could Gangrel and Christian if called upon. Edge may not be possible due to his neck problems but then again Bret Hart did participate in one of these kinds of matches back at Summerslam 2010 despite not being able to wrestle again. Edge could merely stay on the apron until called upon, do one spear, get a pinfall and then get eliminated. Or Kane (now back in the mask) could be on the team in place of anyone who can't physically compete. Undertaker is the sole survivor after last eliminating Wyatt for the win. After the match The Wyatt Family attack The Undertaker and lock him in a casket, once again writing him off the show for the next few weeks.

Few months later and it's the Royal Rumble, The Wyatt Family are dominating as they work as a group to one by one eliminate ever wrestler who enters the ring. That is until the lights go out and The Undertaker makes his way out as a suprise entrant. Taker enters in his classic purple gloves, boots, trench coat and neck tie attire from the mid 90's. Undertaker doesn't win the Royal Rumble but does have a strong showing, including eliminating most of the Wyatts possibly with help from another surprise entrant: Sting.

After a showdown with Sting, either at the Royal Rumble ala Hogan/Warrior in 1990, or just on Monday Night RAW the night after, Undertaker and Sting are on a collision course at Mania. And so, in his final match and his final show, The Undertaker appears just as he did in the beginning in the grey gloves, boots, long coat, brimmed hat and original funeral parlor entrance music. Unfortunately there is no Paul Bearer to accompany him to the ring but IF it were possible they could use a hologram (which would be very cool and straight out of star wars).

Bottom line, over the course of the next few months I'd really enjoy seeing a trip down memory lane and watching as The Undertaker goes all the way back to the start and how it all began. Start with the American Badass version from the early 2000s, followed by the Ministry Taker of the late 90's, then the purple and black babyfaceUndertaker from the mid 90's, and finally we end as it began with the original heel grey and black Taker look complete with the original theme
music.

That's how I'd like to see Taker's final run go down. How would you book Taker's last ride?

For me and a lot of fans, "The Undertaker" died at WrestleMania 30. The end of The Streak was the end of the Deadman. Having Brock Lesnar beat him destroyed his mystique and his aura, and it can never be fully repaired. In my opinion the only way to restore any of it is to have beat Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam, go on his final run in the company (which would include a match with Sting at Survivor Series, the event where they each made their WWE debuts), and a deciding match with Lesnar at WrestleMania 32, for the title (which Lesnar would have regained at Survivor Series or the Rumble), and have Undertaker beat Brock Lesnar CLEAN and by SUBMISSION. After that, the Undertaker could retire the following night on RAW, vacating the championship and leaving it open for a tournament to fill it. Throwing away Undertaker's legacy to stroke Brock Lesnar's ego was the single worst mistake in WWE history in my opinion, and rivals WCW putting their titles on guys like David Arquette and Vince Russo.

For me and a lot of fans, "The Undertaker" died at WrestleMania 30. The end of The Streak was the end of the Deadman. Having Brock Lesnar beat him destroyed his mystique and his aura, and it can never be fully repaired. In my opinion the only way to restore any of it is to have beat Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam, go on his final run in the company (which would include a match with Sting at Survivor Series, the event where they each made their WWE debuts), and a deciding match with Lesnar at WrestleMania 32, for the title (which Lesnar would have regained at Survivor Series or the Rumble), and have Undertaker beat Brock Lesnar CLEAN and by SUBMISSION. After that, the Undertaker could retire the following night on RAW, vacating the championship and leaving it open for a tournament to fill it. Throwing away Undertaker's legacy to stroke Brock Lesnar's ego was the single worst mistake in WWE history in my opinion, and rivals WCW putting their titles on guys like David Arquette and Vince Russo.

So basically you want a young threatening dominant force who is the face of wwe to job and lose to a beer bellin, leather claddin, mascara wearin, bone tearin, cripplin wearin cry baby old man cause he lost and is heel ! So Undoing what Brock did to Mark was nothing so he should lose and lose his credibility! Brock lesner beating ut is best for business !!!

So basically you want a young threatening dominant force who is the face of wwe to job and lose to a beer bellin, leather claddin, mascara wearin, bone tearin, cripplin wearin cry baby old man cause he lost and is heel ! So Undoing what Brock did to Mark was nothing so he should lose and lose his credibility! Brock lesner beating ut is best for business !!!

Brock was a young dominant force in 2002-2004. Now he's nothing but an overpaid egomaniac who lucked into a special attraction-type contract he did NOTHING to earn, because Vince has been obsessed with him for 13 years.

I personally think we are now watching the beging off the undertakers final run, and it might not even last until mania he could go out at survivor series where it all started, and that is why he is doing the tour off mexico to give most fans the chance to see him one last time. ( I JUST WISH HE WAS COMING ON THE UK TOUR IN NOVEMBER)

I think he will go over brock at summerslam, and he will then work a couple off raw and each ppv until survivor series where he will face brock or kane in a casket it match and lose and that is the last we see off him until wm 33 where he is put into hof

He's working some live events in October which suggests we might get another PPV in between Summerslam and Mania. Perhaps Hell in a Cell or Survivor Series. Hell in a Cell would work for obvious reasons. In terms of opponents, however, there aren't that many options. Rollins for the title is the main one. Maybe even Sheamus for the title but that doesn't sound all that great. I quite like the idea of him facing Wyatt.

Survivor Series would be a great choice. There is a nice story behind it and he can be protected in a tag match. Moreover, he can get a win without beating say Rollins/Wyatt clean and give a rub to Reigns/Ambrose or whomever else.

I reckon Brock should win at Summerslam. He's the guy with so much momentum and Taker winning doesn't achieve that much. Taker winning can definitely be justified but he will always be The Undertaker. Lights go out, gong hits and people will lose their mind. Brock's momentum is a little closely linked to his ability to beat the crap out of people. Plus, there are far better stories to be told, at this stage, with Taker losing.

Brock wins and Taker disappears. He returns before Survivor Series to help the babyface team. They could have him and Reigns stand tall as the final Survivors, thus giving Reigns the rub. They could, however, have him lose due to interference. Maybe Sting turns up again and costs him the elimination, thus giving a 5 month build up to Mania.

The other idea is to have him lose twice. Once to Brock and once to Wyatt/Rollins. Taker was humanised at Wrestlemania 30. At 31, he seemingly proved that wasn't the case but to loses back-to-back would reiterate that he is done. He couldn't defeat Brock Lesnar and he couldn't win the World Title. Thereafter, it seems that Taker is done. WWE.com spin that narrative as does the commentators/Rollins.

It's January and they either tease Taker in the Hall of Fame or actually announce he is in it. Make it seem this is the end only for Cena to come out and challenge him. Cena does his thing and they have a match at Wrestlemania 32. Taker's last ever match and his final hurrah. Cena would use that emotion like only he can. You sell the tickets with people knowing this will be The Undertaker for the last time and in a dream match. Moreover, there is a guarantee of a great match with Cena.

Taker beating Brock and then those two having another match at WM32 sounds ok. I'm sure it would be interesting and highly entertaining but I do feel there are better options. Ultimately, I think there are three decent options:

1) Lose to Brock at Summerslam and win at Survivor Series alongside Reigns - Mania opponent Cena/Sting/someone else
2) Lose to Brock and lose at Survivor Series because of Sting - Mania opponent Sting
3) Lose to Brock and lose to Rollins inside Hell in a Cell - Mania opponent Cena.

I was thinking almost exactly this, but having Lesnar win at SS, then Sting challenges Taker at SS(implying its the last match), where I think Lesnar also becomes champion. At the Royal Rumble, Id have Undertaker be #30 and win. Make the title match HIAC, where he wins. Raw will be a tribute show, where he retires.

Could be wrong, but I expect this run to be a bit like Flair's. Except I see him losing his next two matches (Summer Slam and possibly against Sting at Survivor Series) before winning the Rumble and going over Cena at Mania.

Just play it like he's lost it, then he proves otherwise. Also a Mania match with Cena is a huge match for him to go out on.

for me taker retired as champion is best sendoff. actually I want taker wins at summerslam and a tag match with sting against NAO. At Royal Rumble he beat sheamus and became wwe champion. bray Wyatt wins IC title and ask his rematch at wm32. Its champion vs champion where taker wins. Next night wwe announced taker leave wwe. Vince present IC title to taker. taker appear as mark.

Every single wrestler ever in the history of WWE has lost a match at WrestleMania. What about their legacies?

I just hope considering he's doing the Mexico tour, he'll come to Canada in September and we'll get to see him one last time.

Agree he might not last till Mania, but yea if he does, the only match he should be in is one against Cena.

I don't know how to book it - but theres two ideas I have = one with his career on the line against someone like Cena. Two would be to have him compete at WM for afew more years yet and build some aura back and have him beat Lesnar one WM and then face Cena at the next one.

Well wwe will bend backwards and forward for Brock Lesner once again before he leaves for UFC and allow Brock to beat the whiny broken down cripplin wearin bone tearin old man !!

http://www.prowrestling.com/backsta..._medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com
You're quoting an article from seven months ago.

Four months ago, Brock Lesnar resigned with the WWE. ESPN even broke the announcement.

I wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

Every single wrestler ever in the history of WWE has lost a match at WrestleMania. What about their legacies?

They weren't The Undertaker. The Streak wasn't the defining accomplishment of their career. The Streak being ended is the equivalent of Ric Flair suddenly having 10 of his World Championships declared invalid and taken away from him.

I wouldn't mind seeing The Masked Kane returning and a Brothers of Destruction reunion vs the entire roster on some RAW. Interference during every match and destroying everyone. Have a Survivor Series tag team main event war Bros of Destruction vs Cena n Lesnar or somebody.

Well wwe will bend backwards and forward for Brock Lesner once again before he leaves for UFC and allow Brock to beat the whiny broken down cripplin wearin bone tearin old man !!

http://www.prowrestling.com/backsta..._medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com

I think this is the second or third time you've been told that Lesnar isn't going back to UFC. I told you before, and you still persist. Please what current links can you provide that shows he has changed his mind.

Lesnar went on ESPN before Mania, and stated he had signed a multi-year deal with the WWE. The plans to go back to UFC are now off the table. That didn't come from a dirt sheet but the man himself. So please stop this bullshit of continuing to say he's not going to be around, because for the foreseeable future he is.

For the last run for The Undertaker I would have it where during his match against Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam something happens to where he begins to ballistic on Brock after not being able to pin him. Relentless Steel Chair shots(I would make the match at SS No DQ) cause the referee to stop the match. Taker continues to attack Brock and suddenly Sting shows up in a tease to distract the deadman as the show ends. Brock wants revenge against Taker and they have Brock vs. Taker III either in HIAC or LMS at Survivor Series. Taker says that what he did to Brock at SummerSlam felt.....good and it felt right. I'd have Bray Wyatt come out and try to get him to join the Family. Wyatt does what he did to Cena at Mania and tells Taker to let out the rage and he does so and doesn't stop but Bray tells the Family members to stay back to further advance his character while doing the same with Taker's character. Taker does the same thing and even though Brock is down and out he still continues to beat down Brock. Sing shows up again and gets in Taker face but before they start to fight lights go out and both are gone. This leads to a challenge being made at WrestleMania by Undertaker and Sting accepts. Sting explains that he's trying to stop Undertaker from going into that "deep dark corner" cause he'll never come back. Undertaker doesn't agree and will take Sting out. Bray warns Sting that he already has gone there and he will never come back. At Mania 32 after the match(either man could win) Taker and Sting shake hands and the lights go out with only UnderTaker's hat and Sting's mask left in the ring showing that both men's career's are done.

1. Brock beats Taker at SS. The druids carry him off into the darkness.

2. The druids appear again at the Survivor Series, the place Taker debuted at 25 years ago. The Undertaker rises up from the ashes and stands in the middle of the ring. Lights go out again...behind him stands Sting with the baseball bat...sticking it straight to his chest. Taker gives him the cut throat sign and we are on out way to Mania baby!

Could be wrong, but I expect this run to be a bit like Flair's. Except I see him losing his next two matches (Summer Slam and possibly against Sting at Survivor Series) before winning the Rumble and going over Cena at Mania.

Just play it like he's lost it, then he proves otherwise. Also a Mania match with Cena is a huge match for him to go out on.

I couldn't see him wrestling at Survivor Series or Royal Rumble but I do see him losing at Summerslam.

I think he'll face Cena at WrestleMania and lose to him.

I couldn't see him wrestling at Survivor Series or Royal Rumble but I do see him losing at Summerslam.

I think he'll face Cena at WrestleMania and lose to him.

It seems to me like the general consensus on these boards is that The Undertaker is just some schmuck who should be used for nothing but to put over everyone with a heartbeat. There's a serious lack of respect for one of the best of all time here.

"Here's an idea: Let's have Undertaker lose every match!"

"Brilliant!!!"

What a bunch of tools.

It wasn't to stroke Brock's ego, ********. Brock didn't want to do it but Vince was obsessed with the idea of Brock being booked as near invincible only for Reigns to become "the man" at Mania 31. Ultimately of course that plan failed.

As for the OP, I love the ABA & Ministry ideas. I can see a potential tinkering of personas in the coming months but I wouldn't be surprised if he just stayed as he is, either.

It wasn't to stroke Brock's ego, ********. Brock didn't want to do it but Vince was obsessed with the idea of Brock being booked as near invincible only for Reigns to become "the man" at Mania 31. Ultimately of course that plan failed.

As for the OP, I love the ABA & Ministry ideas. I can see a potential tinkering of personas in the coming months but I wouldn't be surprised if he just stayed as he is, either.

If Brock didn't want to do it, he wouldn't have done it. It's as simple as that. Both Kurt Angle and Undertaker confirmed that Vince wanted Angle to go over Taker at WrestleMania 22, and Taker approved it, but Angle refused to end The Streak, and threatened to walk on his contract if they tried to force him to do it. That's RESPECT. Brock Lesnar doesn't have that. Lesnar cares about nothing but his wallet and his ego.

The beer bellin, leather claddin, mascara wearin , bone tearin , cripplin wearin broken down old man should just hang up his boots and retire as we are all tired of him soon he ll be wheeled down to the ring with a wheelchair! One last match should be against STEVE BORDEN at WM32 and that s that! I see wwe underutilizing Steve at the moment when he was supposed to appear on RAW looks like they will nix the idea!

Whether Undertaker wins or loses against Lesnar i see the post match with a confrontation between him and Sting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back