Results are only viewable after voting.

The Extract

• Ryback
    Brodus Clay
    Tensai
    Antonio Ceasaro
    Sin Cara
    Damien Sandow

This is a list of current superstars with an undefeated streak going. This too me, is too many superstars because it equals the need for many jobbers.

Now, I don't feel the need for anyone besides monster heels to have undefeated streaks. There are plenty of good current and past superstars that have lost their debut(in the WWE/F):

• John Cena
    Bob Holly
    Chris Jericho
    Chris Benoit
    Dean Malenko
    Eddie Guerrero
    Perry Saturn
    (just to name a few)

So, do you think that Repackaged/debuting superstars need to have a winning debut?

Damien Sandow doesn't have a streak because he hasn't competed in a match yet, he attacked Yoshi Tatsu last week and that was his first physical altercation since the vignette's began playing hyping his debut. Sin Cara went undefeated for two months but lost his first match to Christian, he then proceeded to lose another couple times after that, one I remember being to Mark Henry.

Technically, Brodus Clay isn't undefeated, he is since his re-emergence but pre-Funkasuarus he lost a handful of times on both NXT and as the bodyguard to Alberto Del Rio. Cesaro has only had two matches, hardly a dominant winning/undefeated streak to brag about.

So really, Ryback and Tensai, due to them being totally repackaged are the only characters left with undefeated/winning streaks. They're both being built as monster's so it is only natural that they'd act like monster's, monster's don't lose, they destroy and win emphatically. Tensai is gaining small pockets of heat and although he is the subject of ignorant, smarky "Goldberg" chants, Ryback brings more entertainment to weekly television by annihilating a jobber than most current Superstar's can do cutting a promo.

In their cases, yes, they need the streaks to cement their characters as being dominant forces, so that when they eventually lose, whether it be to an established Superstar or another debuting Superstar, or even to one another, It'll be received as a huge win for said person and will gain them some recognition as being the person who ended said person't undefeated streak.

Ryback brings more entertainment to weekly television by annihilating a jobber than most current Superstar's can do cutting a promo.

Very true indeed! Maybe thats why he & Brodus have been getting more air time over the past few weeks. I hate to admit it but I'd rather sit through the Funkasaurus routine or a Ryback squash than listen to Big Show try & cut a promo :icon_mrgreen:

In their cases, yes, they need the streaks to cement their characters as being dominant forces

Not necessarily always the case. Simply remove the streak & replace it with that very rare, but always effective commodity..... A manager! Having someone to do some good work on the stick can easily negate the effects of a pinfall or submission loss & still work the crowd into buying the monster gimmick! Simply look at Brock Lesnar circa 2002! He lost at Vengeance to RVD (and if memory serves he had lost on a Raw prior to that too) but the following month challenged The Rock for the WWE title having lost no momentum or heat thanks both to Heyman and some good booking (I think Lesnar destroyed RVD post-match either at Vengeance or on a Raw????)

Point is, a streak doesn't guarantee anything, just look at Crimson :lmao:

Having said that though, a streak is just as overused & abused now as every good gimmick match! So much for a gimmick match being used to settle a feud once & for all, let's just have Hell In The Cells etc on Raw... but thats me ranting and going way off topic :p apologies!

well the like of Ryback,Brodus Clay Tensai, Antonio Ceasaro, Sin Cara, Damien Sandow have vs'd only local jobers and mid to lower card super stars.
and the like of John Cena,Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero when they came in it was against Angle, DX, HHH, ect. big differnce. you cant really compare the two groups. also they were coming from wcw, besides Cena and holly.

16th April 2012 Raw - Did Tensai not beat Cena, who if I'm not VERY mistake, is possibly an established main-eventer? Unless I've been living under a rock for the past 8 years and he's still prancing about as the 'Doctor Of Thugonomics'

So, do you think that Repackaged/debuting superstars need to have a winning debut?

It depends. If they want a guy to be taken seriously, they should make him look good in his debut. That doesn't necessarily mean he has to win.

Cena lost in his debut, but he lost to Kurt Angle after a really impressive showing. Kurt made Cena look like a real threat, and I'd say his debut was a success.

On the other hand, even though I don't watch Smackdown, Ryback got my attention because he's crushing jobbers week after week. With such a strong push, I assume they have big plans for him.

Its really not necessary i mean their matches are 3 minute squash matches i wanna see a real match from them already . im not a fan of brodus but il say he has one of the most entertaining ring entrances today next to DEEELL RRIIIIIIIIIOOOOO lol. still not enough tho i think Ryback will go further than brodus but i want him to turn heel instead. i think Rybacks inring looks clean so far but i wanna see wut else he can do and i can also see him being a top heel if he continues his monster gimmick. BTW ARIVE YES!YES!YES LEAVE HAS TO GO ON A SHIRT!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back