• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Uncle Sam: Encaged & Playing A Solo On The Devil's Fiddle

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
With Jake missing, presumed dead, I'm forced like the proverbial hermit crab to vacate my old Bar Room home and set up sticks here. Though I've never much cared for crude race jokes, I do like more nuanced race jokes.

Currently, I'm concerned with the fact that I've only seen six new films so far this year. My goal is ten by the end of the year - so I can have a top ten list come January - but I'd like to get there sooner rather than later. It'll be easier when 2011 films start getting released on Blu-ray. The list so far:

1. The Fighter
2. Black Swan
3. The King's Speech
4. Rango
5. 127 Hours
6. True Grit

If you asked me how I'd score them, I'd give you my default response: four stars. Next up is Richard Ayoade's Submarine, starring that kid I liked from Being Human and Becoming Human.

Also, has anybody else noticed I use "I mean," too much? I also use "you know?" and "also" too much. I mean, you know? Whatever. Don't worry; the embedded clauses will never end.

Additionally, I'm confused as to why I suddenly like Alberto Del Rio. It's either the fist tape, the hair or the fact that he has Wizpig following him round now. A little Diddy Kong Racing humour for you there.

And no, I don't even know what a LiveJournal is.

I seen 127 hours a couple of days ago and was surprised by how good it was. I was even more surprised by my surprise because I really do care for James Franco as an actor. His role in 127 hours, although quite random in parts, was very interesting. I enjoyed the movie immensely and felt the ol' frog in my throat when he got out of the cavern.

The next couple of movies I will be seeing are Limitless with Bradley Cooper and The Adjustment Bureau with Matt Damon. Both of which, I will be disappointed with... Probably.

Both look like what happens when studio executives unsuccessfully try to figure out the formula behind the success of The Social Network and/or Inception.

Diddy Kong Racing reference, fuck year. I remember ordering that shit out of the N64 catalogue and playing the ever-loving shit out of that game. I thought it was better than Mario Kart 64. I mean, Diddy Kong had an airplane and hovercrafts and shit. Far superior to MK's rinky dink go kart nonsense.

Also, half of those movies you named came out in 2010 technically Samuel my dear chum. But don't feel bad, as I'm even further behind than you. I still haven't seen 127 Hours, True Grit, The Fighter, The King's Speech, or Tron: Legacy despite owning screeners of half of them for the last 3 months.

If I had to give you four movies I would recommend
1. The Town- Awesome movie, don't want to say more to ruin it
2.Unknown -Liam Nelson = awesome movie
3. Blue Valentine- Great movie, the whole process is insane.
4. Social Network- Really cool to see how Facebook was made. Aaron Sorkin wrote the movie perefectly.
Here is a complete list of movies that should be seen.
1. The Social Network
2. Blue Valentine
3. The Town
4. Toy Story 3
5. Black Swan
6. True Grit
7. 127 Hours
8. Buried
9. Inception
10. The Fighter

I'm sure Rango is poised to finally dethrone PIXAR's Best Animated Film dominance, Cars 2 and all.

Also, half of those movies you named came out in 2010 technically Samuel my dear chum.

Not in the UK, good sir. And since when did I not have tons of misguided patriotism?

But don't feel bad, as I'm even further behind than you. I still haven't seen 127 Hours, True Grit, The Fighter, The King's Speech, or Tron: Legacy despite owning screeners of half of them for the last 3 months.

Don't bother with Tron. That wasn't even good enough for me to award it a mercy three stars. Two stars; at best.

The Social Network was amazing. However, the thing I find most interesting about The Social Network is how successful it has been. A lot of the complaints I have heard about the movie is because of Jesse Eisenberg. Aaron Sorkin did a fantastic job writing it and it goes to show you that it was successful in spite of Eisenberg and not because of him.

Personally, I thought he was cut out for the role and did a great job.

What?! But /tv/ would never lie to me....are you telling me their obsession with Tron Legacy is misguided? Heresy! Blasphemy!

I didn't mind the King's Speech after watching it, however I've grown to hate it. It's getting Avatar levels of overrating.

Even Avatar didn't get Best Director, Best Film and Best Actor at the Oscars, did it?

I thought the first two were questionable shots for Cameron. Sam Worthington has neither the charisma nor the raw machismo to approach anything like a good leading man.

I'm sure Rango is poised to finally dethrone PIXAR's Best Animated Film dominance, Cars 2 and all.

Indeed. I mean, Cars already lost to, um, Happy Feet. I think it was Happy Feet. And Monsters, Inc. lost to Shrek. Though I still don't like this ghettoisation of animated features. If we keep using that term, the Jews that run Hollywood might just sit up and take notice.

What?! But /tv/ would never lie to me....are you telling me their obsession with Tron Legacy is misguided? Heresy! Blasphemy!

My guess is it's either down to the Daft Punk soundtrack or the fact that Jeff Bridges is in it. Tron and True Grit - films that show just having Jeff Bridges in it doesn't mean you're not going to come away disappointed. To varying degrees.

Then again, it could also be subject to the "buh lookah tha pretteh cullahs!" defence that turd Speed Racer was.

I've never seen anyone even attempt to defend Speed Racer. I don't even think the Wachowski siblings could defend that hunk of shit.

I actually really liked True Grit. I felt the end was a little underwhelming but you can't really blame anyone for that.

I actually really liked True Grit. I felt the end was a little underwhelming but you can't really blame anyone for that.

I liked True Grit too, I just couldn't believe this was from the same guys who'd previously made the greatest western of all time.

As for who's to blame? I'd say whoever it was that invented cross-fade.

I've never seen anyone even attempt to defend Speed Racer. I don't even think the Wachowski siblings could defend that hunk of shit.

"It's a visual feast. An eyeball-pleasing extravaganza! It's what high definition was invented for!"

"You're a cunt."

I feel like you're trying to convince people you're a somewhat Hispanic looking Jew with an afro Sam. First your avatar, now your signature. It's misleading I tell you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back