UH's Movie Reviews

UltimateHitman

Old School Legend
Ok, I'm going to start a thread where, quite simply, I talk about movies I've watched. I've always thought about doing something like this and figured why not.

I just watched the Chaperone on Netflix. I was bored, and wanted to watch something nice and uncomplicated, something light. Figured it was the newest film w/a wrestler, and a comedy, so might as well.

I actually really enjoyed this movie. Going by just the previews, I thought I would be sitting through a couple of mild attempts at humor and maybe a message somewhere in there that would be minimally pointed out. I actually wasn't that interested in it based on the previews, to be honest, but I figured I'd take a look anyway. I ended up pleasantly surprised.

The story was actually quite good for what it was. It wasn't an overly complicated plot, but I actually enjoyed that.

Triple H surprised me too, and that is something that shouldn't be taken lightly because I've been kind of put off of seeing him (wrestling wise) for quite some time. Even his return for Mania made me yawn. But he was actually very natural in his role and pulled it off extremely well. I found myself smiling along w/him, feeling compassion for his character, and feeling good during the "feel good" moments and when he came out on top. Much more than I can say I did for him when it came to being in a wrestling ring.

The kids were also good in this movie. You had the obligatory, cliche categories of kids, the troublemaker, the brain, the "popular" girl, the cool loner guy, etc. etc. but they were still on the money and played their roles great.

There was something that did bother me about the ending (minorly, not having to do w/the overall feel of it or any major part of the movie so don't let that deter you from checking it out. Just kind of an afterthought thing), but I don't want to point it out as I don't want to mention anything in a general review. I'm going to guess that as I do these reviews, if people have already seen it and discussion starts in the thread following my review, I'll address it then.

I don't want to go into all kinds of details, but I did want to point out a few things that I didn't think would happen. I laughed out loud quite often during this movie, I smiled, I got frustrated when things were against him, I found myself wanting to see the eventual (of course) happy ending, and enjoyed every person's role in the movie. They all blended very well and kept it moving pretty good. It was a movie that was definitely better than I thought it would be, and instead of just buying it to add to my collection of movies w/wrestlers in them I will be buying this movie to add to my collection because I want to own it and liked what I watched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back