• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

INDYjon22

Nome is where your heart is
UFC%20on%20FOX%204%20Shogun%20vs.%20Vera%20poster.jpeg

Main Card
Mauricio Shogun Rua
shogun-rua-zuffa1.jpg

Vs.
Brandon Vera

brandon-vera-300x200.jpg

Lyoto Machida
shogunned.png

Vs.
Ryan Bader

ryan-bader.jpg

Rest of Card
  • Lightweight Bout: Joe Lauzon vs. Jamie Varner
  • Welterweight Bout: Mike Swick vs. DaMarques Johnson
  • Featherweight Bout: Cole Miller vs. Nam Phan
  • Light Heavyweight Bout: Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado
  • Featherweight Bout: Rani Yahya vs. Josh Grispi
  • Heavyweight Bout: Oli Thompson vs. Phillip de Fries
  • Featherweight Bout: Michihiro Omigawa vs. Manny Gamburyan
  • Flyweight Bout: Ulysses Gomez vs. John Moraga

The UFC returns to Fox tonight with what should be a great striking clinic of a main event. Clearly the majority believes Vera is out matched here against the former Light Heavyweight champion Shogun Rua, but that doesn't deny the fact that Vera is still an incredibly gifted striker. With these two guys banging we should be in for a great show.

The co-main event is supposed to be a stepping stone for Bader to get a rematch with Jones, but I don't see him coming close to winning. Machida is too quick and too defensively minded to get caught up in Bader's game. I'm feeling a second round tko.

Lauzon vs. Varner should be a barn burned. Lauzon is never in a boring fight and Varner shocked the MMA world in his UFC return. I cannot wait to see this one happen.

Phil Davis returns to action and looks to right his ship by picking up a win against Wagner Prado, a man I am not personally familiar with. This could have the making of an upset.

Mike Swick also returns to action finally after a nearly two year layoff. Can't wait to see him back.

The rest of the card is filled with potentially very exciting fights and should make for a good showing for both MMA and the UFC.

Good thing too otherwise I'd be late for when doors open, and my friends going to the show are still 7 hrs away :p

However the non spam thread on this event is up now, head on over and post your thoughts on the event if you'd like. :rolleyes:

Guy's right. Actually I fucked up. I had my weeks all discombobulated. My bad. But, I am still pretty psyched for this show.

Very nice knockout from John Moraga. I have a feeling that's the first of quite of few we'll see tonight.

Very good fight. It was 19-19 going into the last round, and the 3rd was EXTREMELY close, but I think the judges will give it to Manny. I hope not, though.

I'm so excited to see Mike Swick. I fucking love that guy and can't wait to see him back in action

30-27? Horrible judging.

And quite frankly, Omigawa should have taken the 3rd. He got dazed in the beginning with a headkick, but then beat the tar out of Manny for a good minute and a half until Manny got a takedown and a couple of slams, which he did NOTHING with and Omigawa was able to sweep him and attempt some good Guillotines. The round was close, but still... Omigawa got the edge in my mind. Takedowns mean shit when someone pops right back up from them and even gets a sweep.

Next fight should be a doozy with Josh "The Fluke" Grispi, who is the fighter who most lives up to his nickname taking on Rani Yahya, who is owner of one of the most insane stories ever (kicking a competitor in the face at a grappling competition, getting chased by a crowd of people afterwards, capped with throwing a pet snake at them as he was making his escape)

Lol... it's really hard to believe Josh Grispi was once next in line to fight Jose Aldo for the title.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing what Prado can do. Haven't seen him fight but his record shows there's some upset potential here.

Not to mention, Phil must be going into this fight with a heavy heart after the death of his girlfriend, Chandella Powell (eaten by Alistair Overeem).

Fucking bullshit, this was the fight I was going to pull ahead on in the prediction contest. What a shitty way for a fight to end and i really feel bad for Prado....

Man, imagine if that happened in the Shogun/Vera fight. Talk about a disaster.

But the Jones/Hendo card badly needs more fights anyway. Just put Davis/Prado on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back