• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 131: Dos Santos vs. Carwin LD

INDYjon22

Nome is where your heart is
UFC131-2.jpg

Main Card
Shane Carwin
shane-carwin-training-51.jpg

vs.
Junior dos Santos

NelsonDosSantos.jpg

Kenny Florian
ken-flo.jpg

vs.
Diego Nunes

20090813112550_diegonunes.JPG

Jon Olav Einemo vs. Dave Herman
Demian Maia vs. Mark Munoz
Donald Cerrone vs. Vagner Rocha

Preliminary Fights on Facebook
Chris Weidman vs. Jesse Bongfeldt
Yves Edwards vs. Sam Stout

Preliminary Fights
Dustin Poirier vs. Jason Young
Nick Ring vs. James Head
Darren Elkins vs. Michihiro Omigawa
Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Mike Massenzio
Aaron Rosa vs. Joey Beltran

Two of the heaviest hitters in the Heavyweight division finally will collide tonight. Between JDS and Carwin 25 of their 26 fights have ended before the final bell. Moral of the story is, don't expect this one to go to the judges. The winner will likely be in prime position for a title fight, JDS more so then Carwin. Should be a classic slugfest.

The co-mainevent will see Kenny Florian face Diego Nunes. Florian is the veteran, but is making his first trip down to the Featherweight division. Nunes is a very talented and well rounded fighter. It'll be interesting to see if the weight cut will hurt or help Florian and if Nunes can hang with a guy with the talent that Florian possesses. This is another fight that will put the winner one big step closer to a title shot.

Jon Einemo makes his UFC debut against another UFC rookie in Dave Herman. I don't know much about Einemo but Herman is a pretty talented fighter, and even though his wrestling was shit in High school, he has managed to tailor it like many wrestlers do, to the MMA style needed for the cage.

Maia vs. Munoz could go either two ways. Either Munoz will pick Maia apart on the feet and knock him out or Maia will get Munoz to the ground and get the submission victory.

And, not much to say about Donald Cerrone. I don't like the guy, but he is being given a very winnable fight.

The Facebook prelims has an excellent fight featuring Yves Edwards and Sam Stout. Should be a fast paced, exciting fight.

Tonight should be a fun night of fights but remember, NO SPOILERS. This includes NOT posting the results of the prelims because they may be used to fill time on the main broadcast.

Not sure if I'll be home for this tonight. If I am though I'll definitely be here for this. Main event looks awesome, and the undercard is very solid.

Fantastic card. Can't wait.

It's 5:50 and the prelims aren't coming on. Hurry the fuck up damnit!

Been perfect for me after the start being a tad funky. No problems after that.

Omigawa got fucked over.

God damn the octagon is covered in blood, must have been some wars in the prelims, shit I should have tuned in.

Yves Edwards just got dropped like a fuckin' sack of potatos, holy SHIT what a KO.

Poor Yves. :(

However, I am now a huge fan of Chris Weidman. This guy could have easily come into the sport to be another boring ass lay and prayer, but he went to a primarily Jiu-Jitsu camp and worked his ass off on submissions, and man has it paid off. This guy, IF he can stay healthy (which looks to be like a really big if), can possibly completely take over the UFC Middleweight Division.

And from everything I've read Omigawa got robbed. Damn shame, but I must be honest... Omigawa had some unfair decisions go his way in Japan (ala the Hioki fight, which Omigawa CLEARLY lost), so this might be karma catching up to him. Still though... Japanese fighters just can't seem to catch a break in the U.S.

The Omigawa fight was one of the largest robberies i've ever seen. On the level of Nam/Garcia.

Weidman is a tough SOB. Awesome that he fought through that knee injury.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back