UFC 114 LD - "Get Ready For Some Black on Black Crime!"

Fuck Rampage. He had a HUGE opportunity to finish Rashad. Instead he let him recover, and didn't even put pressure on him. Seriously Page what the fuck... Props to Rashad because he looked good even though I don't like him as a fighter. Now he gets to get destroyed by Shogun.

I was desperately wanting this to happen:

16497659.jpg

I like how everyone just assumes Shogun is going to "destroy" Rashad. I'm not saying Rashad should be favored but the man has only lost one fight in his entire career.

I like how everyone just assumes Shogun is going to "destroy" Rashad. I'm not saying Rashad should be favored but the man has only lost one fight in his entire career.

Shogun beat Machida twice. Machida knocked Rashad the fuck out. If Tito hadn't kept grabbing the cage when they fought, he would have beaten Rashad too.

Not to play MMAth here, but Shogun absolutely has to be considered the favorite, especially when he's back to PRIDE form when they square off. And I absolutely think Shogun will beat Rashad when they fight in a few months.

As much as I like Rashad, I can't see him beating Shogun.

Now in 2 weeks, is UFC 115, and I don't really like the card too much.

How in the world could people want Rampage to beat Evans? I don't get that.

It was the combination of people forgetting all about TUF 10 already, and Rashad's last fight against Thiago Silva. While Rashad seems like a cool guy, he's a boring fighter. Rampage is a lot of things, but boring is not one of them, which is why people wanted to see him go up against Shogun next, rather than see Rashad try to lay 'n pray to yet another victory (though I don't think he'll be successful at that against Shogun).

Shogun beat Machida twice. Machida knocked Rashad the fuck out. If Tito hadn't kept grabbing the cage when they fought, he would have beaten Rashad too.

Not to play MMAth here, but Shogun absolutely has to be considered the favorite, especially when he's back to PRIDE form when they square off. And I absolutely think Shogun will beat Rashad when they fight in a few months.

Yes Rashad got caught against Machida but almost everyone gets caught at some point in their careers. The whole guy A beat guy B, and guy B beat guy C, so obviously guy A beats guy C argument holds little weight. Again I'm not saying Rashad should be favored by any means but to be so quick to count out a guy that has one loss to his record is stupid.

It was the combination of people forgetting all about TUF 10 already, and Rashad's last fight against Thiago Silva. While Rashad seems like a cool guy, he's a boring fighter. Rampage is a lot of things, but boring is not one of them, which is why people wanted to see him go up against Shogun next, rather than see Rashad try to lay 'n pray to yet another victory (though I don't think he'll be successful at that against Shogun).

I don't think Rashad did a "Lay and Pray" fight, I think he just beat him, proving he was the better fighter. Aside from the flurry for about 20 seconds in the third round, Rashad completely imposed his will on Jackson and showed himself to be a far better wrestler.

Just because Rashad completely out-wrestled Rampage, doesn't mean he was the inferior fighter who just got lucky, which is what the term "Lay and Pray" indicates. If Rashad and Jackson fought again, there was NOTHING in that fight that indicated the result would come out any differently. Wrestling is VERY much a part of MMA, and Rashad's wrestling was just far beyond Rampage's abilities.

I don't think Rashad did a "Lay and Pray" fight, I think he just beat him, proving he was the better fighter. Aside from the flurry for about 20 seconds in the third round, Rashad completely imposed his will on Jackson and showed himself to be a far better wrestler.

Just because Rashad completely out-wrestled Rampage, doesn't mean he was the inferior fighter who just got lucky, which is what the term "Lay and Pray" indicates. If Rashad and Jackson fought again, there was NOTHING in that fight that indicated the result would come out any differently. Wrestling is VERY much a part of MMA, and Rashad's wrestling was just far beyond Rampage's abilities.

Actually, what "Lay and Pray" indicates is someone using wrestling to take someone down, and not trying to finish them. And that's what Rashad has done in his last couple of fights, and the fact is... most people aren't going to like that. Those are not fighters the majority of people will be attracted to (ala Jon Fitch), and Rashad's shaping up to be one of those fighters. You asked why people rooted for Rampage, and that's why. People would much rather see someone with Rampage's style fight Shogun next than someone with Rashad's style. It's as simple as that.

I agree with you though Sly... it's Rampage's job to not allow Rashad to lay on top of him, or keep him held against the cage. Because Rashad was able do that to Rampage for the majority of 15 minutes, then yes... he is the better Mixed Martial Artist. There's no arguing that whatsoever.

If Rashad and Jackson fought again, there was NOTHING in that fight that indicated the result would come out any differently.

There's that lucky punch that rocked Rashad. If that'd happened in the first round before Rampage was too tired to take full advantage of it...

Yes Rashad got caught against Machida but almost everyone gets caught at some point in their careers. The whole guy A beat guy B, and guy B beat guy C, so obviously guy A beats guy C argument holds little weight. Again I'm not saying Rashad should be favored by any means but to be so quick to count out a guy that has one loss to his record is stupid.

Which is why I said

Not to play MMAth here, but Shogun absolutely has to be considered the favorite, especially when he's back to PRIDE form when they square off.

The oddsmakers and fans will see it that way, and Rashad's gotten rocked before. He did against Machida, against Thiago Silva, and against Rampage. In the latter two fights, he was 2 or 3 punches away from going to sleep. I just don't see much of a chance for Rashad here. If Rashad tries to take him down, Shogun will utilize his top-notch BJJ. Rashad has inferior standup, and Shogun has absolutely deadly standup and a very good chin. Shogun is also well-versed in submissions.

Shogun is a real bad matchup for Rashad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back