• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Two big roster moves that would help the WWE.

Upgrayedd

Pre-Show Stalwart
I think, when they come back, Undertaker should go to RAW and HBK should go to SmackDown.

Here's why:

Undertaker has been on SmackDown for far too long. On RAW he could really help balance things out by feuding with Triple H while Cena/Orton feud and then move on to feud with Cena and even Orton again. He's been on SmackDown for way too long now. I think it would be refreshing to see him on the main show again.

HBK going to SmackDown would be awesome for that show. IMO, he'd get lost on RAW with Cena, Orton and Triple H. On SmackDown think of the possible feuds. The big one would be HBK vs. Punk for the title, HBK vs. Rey Mysterio, HBK vs. Edge, HBK vs. Matt Hardy, HBK vs. Morrison, etc., etc.

I agree 100% with this idea.

They have both been on the respected shows for far too long and the new feuds that this could create would be off the charts.

While I do see your foremost point that a HBK/Undertaker swap of Undertaker to Raw and Shawn Michaels to Smackdown could plausibly rejuvenate the respective brands, and bring fresh feuds, I think you shouldn't fix what isn't broken.

Undertaker is well-known on the smackdown brand and is still a fairly big draw there. He brings an exclusive, unique phenomenon to the brand and it adds it's appeal, and charm. I understand what you're saying, but the Undertaker is still a huge commodity to the brand, and would be especially fruitful and productive now seeing as Smackdown is sorely void of top tier, high caliber main eventers. All Smackdown has got now is CM Punk, Jeff Hardy (who is teetering and staggering between leaving or staying), possibly Chris Jericho, and that's it besides potential up in comers such as Dolph Ziggler.

Shawn Michaels is entitled to be on the "A" show of Raw as he is a big draw there, and all of his immediate peers are there that he can have good matches with seeing as he knows them and has uncanny chemistry with them. He is popular on Raw, and is associated with that brand. He can still deliver and perhaps give the rub to some Raw guys that may deserve it.

So, while I completely understand where you're coming from, I say Raw and Smackdown have been functioning efficiently with them there, and is unique to the brand. While we may miss out on some potential feuds, in the long run it would be more appropriate to just leave them on their individual brand.

I have read on here somewhere that Shawn won't do Tuesdays because it will interfere with his commitments at his church or something along those lines. I dont know if he is a preacher or anything, but I vaguely remember that being mentioned previously, consequently dont expect HBK on SmackDown anytime soon unfortunately.

Shawn and Vince have an agreement which allows Shawn to not work Tuesday nights due to religious commitments. At this stage in his career I think that's perfectly acceptable. However, while Shawn on Smackdown isn't a feasible idea, it could be a good one. There are matches we all want to see involving Shawn that won't happen on Raw; feuds he could have which would be great.

I don't think a move for The Undertaker would be good though. Still things to do on SD, and he could hardly help out the Raw ME.

Not bad thinking, but it won't happen. Like other posters have already established: they are unique to their brands. Plus with them both in the midsts of retirement, there is no logical explanation for them to switch. No matter how much we'd love to see it, neither of them will get the title again. Hell, HBK hasn't held it since 2002! They do great side storylines though. They bring star power to each brand; they were both here before Attitude. On SD, Taker needs to have the long-awaited feud with Jericho. On Raw, HBK will probably continue his never ending quest for the title. Their destinies are on their brands. They are both happy there, and Vince wants to keep it that way.

I think it is cool the Undertaker has been exclusive to Smackdown all these years. He was their first draft pick ever and has never left. And because he only has a few feuds a year, he really doesn't have to move to be fresh.

I think it is cool the Undertaker has been exclusive to Smackdown all these years. He was their first draft pick ever and has never left. And because he only has a few feuds a year, he really doesn't have to move to be fresh.

Well actually he was origianlly drafted to raw by flair right after their match at WM. He was on raw until he moved over to smackdown to feud with brock lesner in september of that year. however he has been the most brand loyal superstar they have had as i believe he is one of the only ones not to be moved via trade or other drafts since he went to smackdown

While I do see your foremost point that a HBK/Undertaker swap of Undertaker to Raw and Shawn Michaels to Smackdown could plausibly rejuvenate the respective brands, and bring fresh feuds, I think you shouldn't fix what isn't broken.

Undertaker is well-known on the smackdown brand and is still a fairly big draw there. He brings an exclusive, unique phenomenon to the brand and it adds it's appeal, and charm. I understand what you're saying, but the Undertaker is still a huge commodity to the brand, and would be especially fruitful and productive now seeing as Smackdown is sorely void of top tier, high caliber main eventers. All Smackdown has got now is CM Punk, Jeff Hardy (who is teetering and staggering between leaving or staying), possibly Chris Jericho, and that's it besides potential up in comers such as Dolph Ziggler.

Shawn Michaels is entitled to be on the "A" show of Raw as he is a big draw there, and all of his immediate peers are there that he can have good matches with seeing as he knows them and has uncanny chemistry with them. He is popular on Raw, and is associated with that brand. He can still deliver and perhaps give the rub to some Raw guys that may deserve it.

So, while I completely understand where you're coming from, I say Raw and Smackdown have been functioning efficiently with them there, and is unique to the brand. While we may miss out on some potential feuds, in the long run it would be more appropriate to just leave them on their individual brand.

I wouldn't say it's really working. Ratings aren't that great for any of the shows besides RAW. Besides Punk winning the championship the whole producth as become stale. I think major changes are needed right now.

I dont think neither will change brands. They are the only originals who havent swapped brands. Both are old, HBK has church committments, Taker works a lighter schedule due to injuries. I guess both will stay on their on brand and wait for fresh talent to feud with on the yearly draft pick. Thats the only best alternative for them

I think, when they come back, Undertaker should go to RAW and HBK should go to SmackDown.

Here's why:

Undertaker has been on SmackDown for far too long. On RAW he could really help balance things out by feuding with Triple H while Cena/Orton feud and then move on to feud with Cena and even Orton again. He's been on SmackDown for way too long now. I think it would be refreshing to see him on the main show again.

HBK going to SmackDown would be awesome for that show. IMO, he'd get lost on RAW with Cena, Orton and Triple H. On SmackDown think of the possible feuds. The big one would be HBK vs. Punk for the title, HBK vs. Rey Mysterio, HBK vs. Edge, HBK vs. Matt Hardy, HBK vs. Morrison, etc., etc.

Sure. New feuds! Woohoo!

Only problem is, the rosters really need to swap a heel from Smackdown. Smackdown has way too many heels at the moment. Swapping Jericho for HBK would work loads better, and make the grand total of faces on Smackdown to 6; counting Mysterio, Hardy, Taker, HBK, Morrison, and the abomination that is Delicious.

But...HBK isn't moving to Tuesdays, as Becca said. Throw another face over there. Fucking Primo. Give him the toss over there. Either way, Smackdown really needs to bleed some heels over to the other brands. More so than they need HBK.

i think undertaker and shawn should both stay where they are at, they are both such legends and have been on raw and smackdown for so long that their names are synonomous with their brands.

i say bring christian on to smackdown. whether it be as a face or as a heel, he needs to get over there, and soon. cause if they wait too long then he will permanantly be looked at as an ecw main eventer (better known as a smackdown or ecw lower mid-carder) and stuck in a worse position than he was before he left for TNA. vince and his so called "creative" team have screwed up 5 perfect opportunities for him to get moved to a different brand (preferably smackdown)

1-his debut (could have been waaaaaay bigger if J.R. and King had called it, even mathews along stryker would have been waaaaay better than todd "shit face" grisham. It's...........it's christian?................!)
2-MiTB (he should have won)
3-the draft (he should have been drafted to smackdown as the second pick after the battle royal that edge won, could have been a goose bump giving staredown and smirk fest. maybe even a hug from the "brothers" later.
4-Trump's 15 person superstar trade (thought for sure he'd get out there)
5-jericho's mystery partner at NOC (big show???........really?)

well that turned into a get christian out of ecw rant but i really feel that him moving to smackdown would have a way bigger positive impact in the wwe for the long run than moving HBK or Taker from Raw or Smackdown.

What you have to realize about the two of them, is that they are not your average wrestlers. I'm not talking about their legacy or anything, I'm just talking about how they are booked.
John Cena, Triple H, Jeff Hardy, etc...they all fight for titles, and go after people who screw them over, start feuds, end feuds, yada yada...they same stuff over and over again. If they don't have the title, they're going for it.
Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker make their returns every once and awhile, and for a very distinct purpose.
For instance, they will return to fight each other at Summerslam, because they stole the show at Wrestlemania, and Shawn wants once more match. After that, who knows what will happen.
My hopes are on Chris Jericho vs. Undertaker feud into Wrestlemania.

These guys don't wrestle regular programs for titles. They have an opponent, and that opponent turns into a rival. They battle it out with that rival until WWE can't squeeze anything else out of it, and generally, they steal the show at 30% of PPVs year-round.

I wouldn't count on either of these guys making a move...ever. I would be willing to bet they will both retire on their respective brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back