Triple Threats and Fatal Four-Ways

BillAlfonso

Getting Noticed By Management
Why don't they do away with Triple Threat and Fatal Four-Way matches? It's an outdated concept and doesn't add any kind of heat to anyone. All that ever really happens is that the Champ wins, oh well. One of the challengers wins with out pinning the champ and he comes out to bitch about not getting beat to lose his title, he has a good point but no heat. Last, one of the challengers pins the champ but it's impossible for it to be clean because it wasn't one on one. I can tell you how the triple threat between RKO, HHH, and Cena will go down.

RKO wins #1: RKO pins HHH after Cena adjusts his attitude(he's not going to ever beat him cleanly) then the next night HHH says "You still didn't beat me, Orton." and we see RKO vs. HHH 12,000,000.

#2: Orton pins Cena and they start fueding.

HHH wins #1: HHH pins RKO after Cena adjusts his attitude(so RKO can still look kinda strong), HHH gives Cena a shot on Raw and Legacy interferes and we see RKO vs. HHH 12,000,000.

#2 HHH pins Cena and gives him a rematch on Raw and Legacy interferes so we can see RKO vs. HHH 12,000,000.

Cena wins #1: He pins HHH after an RKO or something and RKO whines about not getting beat for his title and that he helped Cena win. No heat but a very valid point and he gives RKO a rematch that night. Legacy cheats, either RKO wins and punts him in the head so he can do another movie or HHH stops saves Cena and RKO and HHH fued without the title up for grabs(seriously doubt this).

#2: He pins RKO and RKO says you can't do it one on one, Cena gives him the rematch and see Cena Wins #1.

Why don't the do it elimination style if they're gonna do it?

If you do them as elimination matches then soon people will get bored of that type as well.

They're fine. Certainly for your average ''B'' show or TV episode. But they're lazy when it comes to important matches. They shouldn't be afrais to cut one or two guys out of the match and make something for them elsewhere.

Why don't they do away with Triple Threat and Fatal Four-Way matches? It's an outdated concept and doesn't add any kind of heat to anyone.

I wouldn't call it outdated, as all they need to do to make it fresh, is avoid it for a few months. The problem with these matches now, is that they're between the same 4 or 5 guys all the time. With so many gimmick matches involving multiple guys, it's hard to come up with new spots and storyline surrounding these matches. I like them, and like the drama they create during the match.

Why don't the do it elimination style if they're gonna do it?

If it was elimination style, it would be called a Three Way Dance, or Four Way Dance. I'm pretty sure Vince doesn't use them, because they became popular with ECW.

If it was elimination style, it would be called a Three Way Dance, or Four Way Dance. I'm pretty sure Vince doesn't use them, because they became popular with ECW.
He used it as the main-event of Wrestlemania 2000, and called it a Fatal Four-way Elimination match.

And the reason they use non-elimination style 3 and 4 man singles matches is because it allows for better booking. You can protect guys' booking. "Well, Orton lost the title, but he didn't get pinned. Thus, he still should be champion." It's that kind of rationale that they can use to keep everyone looking strong.

Reactions: NSL
i find it funny that you've listed five different ways the match could end and then said it's predictable!

But to an extent I do agree with you, an elimination match is certainly more interesting than a one-fall, but possibly that's because of what Jake said, we've just seen more non-elimination matches.

I think sometimes triple threat matches are decent, but as you said, you never feel like there will be any finality to the feud, so when its one that people arent enjoying like hhh-orton that's always gonna lead to frustration

They are absolutely fine, I mean, if you are going to put more than 2 guys into a match with each other then a fatal four way or triple threat is ideal. Use the elimination set up to mix it up sometimes. I mean, you'd all get bored if it were nothing but singles matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back