• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Triple H & McMahon power struggle match at Mania.... who should represent McMahon?

TheMainEvent

Pre-Show Stalwart
So the current rumor is that Triple H and McMahon will have a power struggle feud leading into Wrestlemania XXX with a match taking place to determine who controls WWE. Vince is obviously a bit old to be having a match and its rumored he will have a replacement wrestler represent him against Triple H. So I ask the question who would you want to see face Triple H at Wrestlemania for Vince?

My Picks:
Batista - My top pick as it would make sense for Vince to bring Batista back to face Triple H. They have history and would be a fun story.

Mick Foley - he has history with both of them and if he were to prepare and get in decent shape could have an exciting match with alot of drama against Triple H

The Rock - again has history and a Rock vs Triple H feud and match could be great for nostalgia.. only I think Rock / Lesnar is in the books instead.

Stone Cold - again great history and could really add to the fued but if he were to return it should be against CM Punk

What are your thoughts and picks?

Since Vince McMahon is & more importantly plays a smart for business character on tv you'd think he would pick the guy undefeated @ WrestleMania. Obviously I'm talking about The Undertaker but like another good "smart for business" choice, Broke Lesnar. Those matches have overstayed their welcome.

But what I'd really like to see is a younger guy face Triple H & of course win by some heel type fashion. Dean Ambrose is the first choice for no other reason than I like the guy. I laugh every time he oversells a move. That is entertainment for a guy like me.

2nd is Curtis Axel. Even though I don't like the guy, I can see him beating Triple H for the second time "On the biggest stage of them all" & that leading into a storyline that would make sense. With Paul Heymans client winning the match will only give Heyman a little more power (GM of Raw) which he will abuse starting a feud with Vince. After awhile Vince turns face again & invites his son-n-law back to tv & says he was wrong blah blah blah & will he face face Curtis Axel at WM31.

You see I wouldn't mind seeing Rock face Triple H at Wrestlemania. Stone Cold when he comes back it will most likely be against CM Punk or John Cena (hopefully Punk). I would like to see Batista come back and face Brock Lesnar and Mick Foley doesnt have to go through another match no need for him to get back in the ring. So i would like to see Rock vs Triple H at Wrestlemania

this is a tough one out of all your picks none are certain to be there.they all have history with trips and vince yeah but i dont see any reason why they would side with vince especially as it seems vince is the heel in this but out of them my pick would be foley they had some great matches one more would be awesome but all the ones mentioned would more then likely be face if they where to wrestle at mania especially stone cold mayby with the exception of batista.assuming trips would wrestle himself i think it would make the most sense for vince to recruit lesnar problem is lesnar hhh has been done.other then that a vince ryback alliance might be good if they turn him into an unstoppable heel.other then that i cant really think of anyone else who would work at the moment its a long way off yet tho.

Big Show is someone who has ties with McMahon. Hes was apart of the Corporation and was an allie to Vince and Shane when they feuded with DX in 2007. If they build Big Show up again I think he could I think he could be a credible threat to Triple H. They have had some solid matches in the past.

I would be very upset if Stone Cold wrestles Triple H. If he wrestles at Wrestlemania it should be against Punk and no one else. Us as fans should not be robbed of Austin-Punk for another Austin-HHH match. Plus not to mention SCSA representing Vince? Are they kidding? It should be SCSA against Vince ALWAYS (even though WM X-seven ruled)

My pick to represent Vince would be Batista or Ryback (after they build him back up again)

I read this somewhere earlier, and i would like to give credit but I don't remember. Vince should align with the shield at some point. With him appointing Vickie Guerrero as Smackdown GM I can see Vince taking over Smakcdown and Triple H and Stephanie taking over Raw. The Shield will be approached by Vince at some point down the road and on Smackdown they will take out various superstars, probably older superstars. This will lead to Smackdown promoting younger up and coming superstars while Raw has the in betweeners coming back and whatever. Smackdown can be the up and coming show while Raw is the money making show. This will lead to Wrestlmania XXX where the Shield faces off against Triple H, Mankind, and Shawn Micheals. This will act as the catalyst between all the attitude era people stopping wrestling and allowing for the new era people to build a audience and succeed without these old farts being stupid. I win at life, WWE hire me

I was thinking the WWE could go with a team idea. Imagine this: Triple H is the face teaming with 4 other guys almost like a 5 on 5 traditional idea. Which ever team wins gets full control over the WWE. Team HHH vs Team Vince, the question is who are the representatives?

Team triple H: Triple H, Daniel Bryan, Chris Jericho, Ryback, Big E Langston vs Team Vince: Curtis Axel, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Bray Wyatt. I think this would help elevate so many of these guys, those guys would really benefit from this kind of idea. I don't really see the sense in covering old ground, using the same names over and over again.

This also solves the problem they had this year where they too many mid card stars, with nothing to do. This would solve the issue of leaving them off the card and not throwing together some random half ass'd type of feud. I think the names I mentioned are the future of the company and will be the ones headlining Mania one day.

Vince should choose....

DX HHH to fight Corporate HHH! THE SHOCK HEARD ROUND THE WORLD!

DUH DUUUUH DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :eek2:

Somebody WWE have plans for. What a recommendation it would be if Vince hand-picked somebody like Ryback.

I know the Battle Of The Billionairs hardly made Umaga into a bona-fide headliner, but that match wasn't about the two people having it. It was about Vince, Trump & Austin. Triple H vs. Ryback, or whoever, would work. Triple H is hardly going to let the match be overshadowed by Vince, so it'd be a great match to hand to some young upstart.

If Vince is supposed to be the heel in this feud then there's a 0% chance of Stone Cold being his rep, despite the phony rumors. Fans would go crazy cheering stone cold, moreso than Trips. So, it wouldn't make sense for Vince to have his rep be anyone but a heel.

If they want a big name guy, a could it working with heel Batista.

I like the idea of having Batista coming back and taking on Triple H. He left as a heel and would not be a stretch to come back as one. But I really like the idea of having a 3 on 3 match against the Shield. HHH could tag up with maybe Kane and Undertaker, since they have had their problems with the Shield. Undertaker keeps his streak in tact. Kane gets revenge on the Shield. And Triple H ushers in a new era of WWE allowing Vince (at least on TV) to ride into the sunset.

Triple H will seemingly go in as the face so I think the recent Austin rumours are just that, if Austin is involved it will be as the special guest ref.

The above reasoning would also most likely rule out The Rock unless he decided he wanted to do a short run as a heel.

Batista would make sense not only due to his history with Triple H but Triple H has also never beaten him which would make him a smart pick for Vince.

Off the current roster The Shield could work as WWE are still putting over the "It's their yard" stuff but who would Triple H's partners be? Taker and Rock? I dunno, I have hard time imagining Triple H allowing his Mania match to be a tag match.

Del Rio stands out to me amongst the current main roster heels I could see as Vince's surrogate, sure he's not hugely over but he's getting more heat than he was and WWE seem intent on continuing to push him regardless.

Why would anyone want to see Triple H vs Batista? or any guy he could (and had) wrestled in the past? If SCSA came back i want to see him in a fight w/ punk, not a guy who he fought many times before.

My #1 pick is Dean Ambrose, it makes sense for the shield unite forces with Vince and Ambrose can deliver in the mic e and in the ring. Maybe pushing a guy like Cesaro could work, but he would need to let Zeb go and use vince as a manager and i don't see this happening right now. Another logical pick is ADR, but I do not like him at all.

This is a great opportunity to push somebody and give a fresh match. Chooseing Batista, Foley, SCSA, Rock... makes no sense to me.

I think you've got some great suggestions there for the sake of nostalgia and I would love to see any of them step back in for one more match with the game. But being realistic odds are if Vince wants to beat Trips he's going to go for someone fresh and young who can beat overpower an old bloke like The Game, if they built it right to make him seem young and brash and almost arrogant to the point were Y2J's ego seems tiny i think it would be a great pick.

In this fantastic fantasy world i would like to see Roman Reigns in the role. He has the build to make it look like he would be a legitemate threat and give him a few good feuds with some of the older boys to help perfect his craft and i think you could make it work. But thats my two cents of wishful thinking

There are plenty of options but I have a serious fear that it will be The Big Show. It seems likely that Show will be the unstoppable figure for Vince leading to a match between HHH and himself at WM30. I'd absolutely detest anything close to that but I can see the WWE going down that route.

They could use someone like Ryback, Barrett or Sandow to help get them over. A place feuding with HHH would help their careers. Ryback had that scene with Vickie so there is potential there. I would love Barrett to be used in this role because he deserves the push.

I think a good choice would be The Shield. Vince already had that segment with them so they could tie that in. Remember, they also foreshadowed an attack on HHH but 3MB interrupted. For example, at Survivor Series they could have HHH, Kane and The Undertaker vs The Shield. (the Shield would win) Looking further to WM30 they could have HHH face one of the individual members (most likely Ambrose) or indeed find two new partners; Billy Gunn and Road Dogg, Y2J, The Rock, RVD - there are options.

Yes I would love for McMahon's representative to be Batista considering Batista has been Mr. McMahon's "heavy" in the past doing Mr. McMahon's bidding if you remember Batista's feud with Cena, McMahon and Hart were intertwined in that, but not even that but Batista has history with Triple H not only because they used to be a part of Evolution together but also because Triple H in his career he has never ever beaten Batista not even once

Well the truth of the matter is in this match we know that Triple H will win. It's just a fact as he is the future and having him lose makes no real sense here so the person who is picked for Vince needs to be able to lose. With that being said I think that limits the amount of potential picks for Vince.

Now as cool as it would be to have someone like Austin, or Batista or Foley be who represents Vince I feel as if that's not a logical idea as you wouldn't want them to lose and it wouldn't make sense to use them to put over a guy like Triple H.

So who should be the one to lose to Triple H and make things interesting. Randy Orton. Him and Triple H have had a history together and build animosity once again would be easy. I still remember their previous Road to WrestleMania and how awesome I thought that was but now aligning Orton with Vince could actually work really well. Imagine if Vince helps Orton at extracting revenge for Triple H's house invasion and allows Orton entrance in to Triple H's house or office. There's automatic intrigue in that. Plus an Orton loss to Triple H at mania whilst backing Vince doesn't hurt Orton at all. If he's not champion at the time and I doubt he will be this storyline is perfect for him.

Another Orton vs. Triple H is kind of overkill for me since they never had that great chemistry to begin with.

As someone has mentioned Triple H is surely to go over here so I think the only logical choice that can make a great story is Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania.

Now I know I may sound hypocritical since HHH/HBK is just as over played as HHH/Orton.

But I can see a story where Vince McMahon has Shawn Michaels turning on Triple H and revealing that he will represent Vince McMahon. Saying his only reason is because he made a deal that if he wins Vince McMahon takes control of the company and will reinstate Shawn Michaels and lift his retirement.

This creates a lot of tension and drama leading to WM.

So WM happens. Like near the end of the match Vince McMahon interfeares grabs a chair and asks HBK to pick up HHH so Vince can wail on HHH. HBK is about to pick up HHH but drops him and punches Vince saying "he is going to win this on his own". So the match continues after a while HHH beats HBK. While HHH celebrates, Vince McMahon gets pissed and attacks HBK. HHH grabs Vince, HBK get's up an SUPERKICK's Vince McMahon, and HHH Pedigree's Vince.

HHH and HBK shakes hands, hugs, both are emotional. And Both HHH and HBK celebrate together as they walk out of the ring together.

Another Orton vs. Triple H is kind of overkill for me since they never had that great chemistry to begin with.

You could easily make the stipulation No DQ to slow the pace for Triple H and allow for the weapons to play a larger role to fix the chemistry. Sure the match has been done a lot however when they feud I do quite enjoy it.

As someone has mentioned Triple H is surely to go over here so I think the only logical choice that can make a great story is Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania.

Now I know I may sound hypocritical since HHH/HBK is just as over played as HHH/Orton.

But I can see a story where Vince McMahon has Shawn Michaels turning on Triple H and revealing that he will represent Vince McMahon. Saying his only reason is because he made a deal that if he wins Vince McMahon takes control of the company and will reinstate Shawn Michaels and lift his retirement.

This creates a lot of tension and drama leading to WM.

So WM happens. Like near the end of the match Vince McMahon interfeares grabs a chair and asks HBK to pick up HHH so Vince can wail on HHH. HBK is about to pick up HHH but drops him and punches Vince saying "he is going to win this on his own". So the match continues after a while HHH beats HBK. While HHH celebrates, Vince McMahon gets pissed and attacks HBK. HHH grabs Vince, HBK get's up an SUPERKICK's Vince McMahon, and HHH Pedigree's Vince.

HHH and HBK shakes hands, hugs, both are emotional. And Both HHH and HBK celebrate together as they walk out of the ring together.

This storyline although interesting is not logical. Firstly Shawn Michaels already got his retirement match honors. This in essence would just be another retirement match and it would make the Taker-Michaels classic look less important.

Secondly we know that nobody in management forced Michaels to retire. He said he would retire and have his word. Therefore there's no reason for McMahon to reinstate him considering retirement is not a binding thing.

In addition do you really believe that the fans will have the heart to boo Michaels? I mean even if he's aligned with Vince I could see him getting a face reaction and them making Triple H the heel which would screw up the program.

I'm almost more inclined to say give the match to someone who they want to build up. I think a one odd kind of character in this situation wouldn't be a good idea. If nobody benefits then why do it?

There was a report about The Rock possibly getting involved in the power struggle. He could represent either Vince/HHH at WM. Austin could represent Vince as they have history. Rock vs Austin at WM30. I doubt it. Much rather see Austin vs. Punk.

I don't know what the plans are for him running into 'Mania. But why can't Cena be Vinces pick? I'm not talking about the "OMFG CENA HEEL TURN" that gets thrown around so often, but I also don't want that nancy-boy defeatist semi-face that we had during the Nexus angle. I just think there's a happy medium being written into this.

Triple H is meant to be the face? People will cheer Trips, that's just a fact. We all love the spitting water trick and his entrance music so he's hardly going to be booed.

But what about Cena, arguably Vinces biggest creation of the WWE machine of the past decade or so, a completely corporate guy in the eyes of the fans. The face of the WWE. Why can't he be Vinces pick. He's a corporate guy so it's not wholly unbelievable that if Vince said, "John, this is what's best for business" that it couldn't be turned into an angle. Make him a tweener, add some depth and humanity to Cena by having him question what it would be to be "good." Justifiable Evil and all that lark. sure it may go over the youngsters minds, but it would make for compelling Television. And it's a big name match for 'Mania, and it creates an interesting post-'Mania situation for storylines for Cena dependent on results.

It creates a moral dilemna for the fans as well, it would split the audience nicely to go along with it (as face vs. face feuds generally do). With Cena instead of simply going "oh well y'know I'm the face but I have to do what the boss tells me." To actually question if Trips is doing what is actually "for the good of the business" or instead "what's good for himself."

In fairness as well, this role could also go to Punk as he could carry it off with a few insider comments about burying folk in the past and what not. But I feel it will have more impact, and engross fans more if it is for Cena.

Why would anyone want to see Triple H vs Batista? or any guy he could (and had) wrestled in the past? If SCSA came back i want to see him in a fight w/ punk, not a guy who he fought many times before.

My #1 pick is Dean Ambrose, it makes sense for the shield unite forces with Vince and Ambrose can deliver in the mic e and in the ring. Maybe pushing a guy like Cesaro could work, but he would need to let Zeb go and use vince as a manager and i don't see this happening right now. Another logical pick is ADR, but I do not like him at all.

This is a great opportunity to push somebody and give a fresh match. Chooseing Batista, Foley, SCSA, Rock... makes no sense to me.

In this type of "power struggle" match, WWE needs someone believable to face Triple H. There has to be a sense of doubt as to the outcome or at least that Vince's guy has a chance. While Ambrose is good, and definitely going to be a star, it would absolutely not be belieavable that he'd beat Triple H despite what the IWC wants or thinks. It would look like a squash match. WWE would never use Trips to put over Ambrose in a match with "control of WWE" as the stipulation. Sorry, but it's not happening.

I don’t think it should be Triple H vs. ?? with Vince McMahon in his Triple H’s opponents corner. I think it should be Team HHH vs. Team VKM with both Triple H and Vince McMahon in their respective corners. Now as far as who is on which team is completely up in the air. Do you put the Faces with Triple H and the Heels with Vince?? Do you put the Heels with Triple H and the Faces with Vince?? Do you mix it up completely?? I think the best way to do this is by putting Faces vs. Faces, that way, you have a slight chance of not really knowing what’s going to happen. I’m just going to take a shot in the dark here.

Team HHH
Randy Orton
Batista
Road Dogg
Billy Gunn
X-Pac

Team VKM
Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock
John Cena
Big Show
Rey Mysterio

With the way things are looking right now, at least in my opinion and it's still EXTREMELY early, I'm guessing that this match will ultimately be something in which we see the two views of Vince & Triple H collide. For instance, on Raw, Triple H said that he saw the "future of WWE" in Daniel Bryan while Vince obviously sees it differently. I'm thinking that we'll see a "Vince" guy vs. a "Triple H" guy, someone they think represents the "best interests" of WWE to go at it at WM for control of the company.

If Randy Orton goes heel, and I think we're all expecting it very soon, then he could be a top contender for Vince's guy. He's the MITB briefcase holder and I think most of us are expecting him to win the WWE Championship before too long that ultimately facilitates that heel turn. Now Daniel Bryan is an obvious choice for Triple H's guy when you take into account that Bryan comes off as someone that Vince "doesn't like" and has found himself targeted.

Another possibility, though one that's quite remote, is sort of the past vs. the future type of deal. Someone representing WWE's "past", thereby being Vince's guy, vs. WWE's "future", namely Triple H's guy. This particular one would work out if Vince brought in a legend to take on Triple H's guy. The drawback is that there are very, very few legends that could be brought in who could give this kind of match the presence it deserves. The most obvious choice is The Undertaker for this but Taker being with Vince would cast him in the role of a heel. At the same time, any number of fans would mark out at the prospect of Taker vs. Bryan for not only the streak but the "future of WWE". As interesting as such a match could be if really strongly built, there are a lot of people who want to see Bryan with a long & significant run as WWE Champion. For this particular match, Bryan as champ would probably give away the ending of the match long before it begins with Bryan ending the streak because Taker simply can't defend the title due to his injuries. Shawn Michaels coming out of retirement would also provide an extremely interesting match but, again, representing Vince would cast him as a heel and I don't think people would buy into. There've been far too many angles in the past in which HBK has feuded with Vince.

It could be interesting to see where this ultimately heads. By the time the Royal Rumble is over, this angle will definitely have a lot more television time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back