• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Triple H is openly racist in the lockeroom and to employees - Del Rio in UK interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonecoldhell

Occasional Pre-Show
Triple H spitting some real hate to Del Rio and WWE employees as well.

During an interview published last week in Fighting Spirit Magazine discussing the circumstances surrounding his departure from WWE, Alberto Del Rio claimed that it was not uncommon for people in positions of power in the Stamford, Connecticut-based organization to openly say racial remarks around employees under the guise of jokes. According to Del Rio, the remarks were frequently aimed toward African Americans and Hispanics.

On Aug. 7, WWE announced the release of Del Rio "due to unprofessional conduct and an altercation with an employee." Recalling the altercation, he said, "That guy, the social media guy [Cody Barbierri, WWE's then-manager of social media], made a racist joke—saying that it was my job to clean his table. Of course, I got really upset, and I asked him for an apology, but he didn't do it; instead of giving me an apology, he smiled, giving me this big "f--k you" smirk, and I slapped him. That was it. Right after that I had a conversation with Vince McMahon and all the important people in the company, and they all said, "Don't worry, nothing's going to happen. We're not saying what you did was the right thing to do, but we understand where you're coming from after getting that big insult from this guy, who instead of apologizing, he smiled at you."

He continued, "This is unfair, because we always get these racist jokes from WWE employees, and I've never been happy [about it]. I didn't say anything, because most of the people doing these racist jokes were important people in the company. It was not just to me, it was to all the Latino elements in the company, all the African Americans, but the way it is in the company, if you come from that background, you have to live with that—you have no option, you know?"

Del Rio was initially told by WWE officials that he was going to be suspended for a few weeks for slapping Barbierri, but they decided to fire him due to concern over a lawsuit being filed after a similar incident took place last year where Big Show slapped "another social media guy" and he sued the company—this legal dispute is still ongoing. A top WWE official told Del Rio he could return once "things cool down," to which he responded that wouldn't come back if he wasn't re-hired by the end of their phone call. Del Rio reiterated that he had no plans on re-signing with WWE once his contract expired.

"As you know, and everybody else knows, I wasn't going to stay [in WWE] once my contract was up. They were like, "Well, you need to wait" and I said, "I'm not going to wait. I wasn't going to stay anyway, so if we don't fix this—if you're gonna fire me when I'm the victim and I have to hear this guy making these comments," said Del Rio.

According to Del Rio, the member of WWE management who notified him of his release would often make racial jokes around employees. Del Rio voiced his displeasure with this during their conversation, feeling that he should be setting a better example.

"The person calling me was one of the most important people in the company, and I said, "We always hear these racist jokes from you, and because you're one of the most important people in the company in this company, your other employees hear you making these stupid comments, and they think they can do it," said Del Rio. "I said, "It's just like in my house: if my son sees me spitting on the floor, he's gonna do it, because he's going to think that it's the right thing to do, because I'm the power figure in the house. In this company, it's exactly the same: when they hear you doing these racist comments all the time, and we don't say anything, because it is you, now those guys think they can go make those stupid comments."

According to Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer, who initially reported Del Rio's interview comments, the person who Del Rio is talking about is Paul "Triple H" Levesque, WWE's Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative.

"The guy who made the call was Levesque," Meltzer stated on the F4WOnline.com message board in response to a question asking which WWE executive made the phone call to Del Rio.

Days after his release from WWE, Del Rio said in this interview on a morning talk show in Mexico that it was Triple H who personally informed of his departure.

This is not the first time where Triple H has been accused of racism. Ricardo Rodriguez, Del Rio's former personal ring announcer, revealed after his departure from WWE over the summer that Triple H never referred to him by his name, but as "Bumblebee," an overweight Latino cartoon character on The Simpsons who dresses in a bumblebee costume and is portrayed as a spoof on common American stereotypes of Mexican pop culture. Rodriguez later found out that Triple H had referred to other Latino wrestlers as "Bumblebee."

Rodriguez said on the Busted Open radio show with Doug Mortman and Dave Lagreca, "I am a little bigger; I am not fat by all means. With my lucha background, I can do flips, front flips, back flips, 450?s, shooting stars, and all that (explicative); Yeah so when I was working with the tryouts and being extras. We would do spots and I would flip around and take bumps like a clothesline and shooting stars. Triple H would call me a bumblebee; I was in Puerto Rico not too long ago and I saw Savio Vega and he used to call him a bumblebee and then I found out he called Super Crazy a bumblebee. He was a referring to an American guy doing flips. He would always make this comment about me being Mexican and Del Rio being Mexican. I and Del Rio use to call ourselves stupid names but when someone else would call us those names we would go whoa hold the (explicative) up."

Former WWE and WCW star Konnan considers the "Bumblebee" remark racist.

"That shows you the racist element of upper management," Konnan said of the label on Twitter. "Soon you will hear why i am saying this..[Vince McMahon] and [Triple H] have made numerous racists remarks which they will have to be held accountable for."

Holy shit :O :gasp::gasp:
We all knew that Triple H is a real asshole backstage and all..

But this goes beyond wrestling, this is pure hate to Del Rio and fucking up his career and life.

Just like Ric Flair was saying the n-word to Teddy Long.

Wrestling has a strong fanbase and mentality in south. But I think Austin is better then triple and flair and had a stronger base in South then them.
Wrestling has been strong in south. Austin is the embodiment for the southern wrestling, even rednecks and racist cheered for Austin.
It shows how great Austin is, and that he has the power in south.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...dly-says-racist-remarks-around-wwe-employees/

I'm not going to say bullshit but I'll say the truth has been stretched. I mean, there are plenty of people of ethnic minority in the WWE and the way he has described it seems they are all a bunch of racists.

The, "but I have a black/latino friend" argument is stupid but given the nature of the business it is curious. I mean, Mark Henry! Rey Mysterio and going further back Eddie Gurrero. All respected guys who are clearly liked. It seems it is a little far-fetched for racism to be inherent in the WWE but, sure it could be.

Racism is a massive problem all around the world and education/integration is the best way forward. Of course, Del Rio might be being completely truthful in which case shame on Vince and HHH; however, I'll suggest Del Rio and Konnan have done well to spin a story of Alberto slapping someone into the WWE being an inherently racist company.

Could be true, I would not be surprised in the least. Who can imagine what goes on in the back and WWE seems to be the most regulated, politically correct wrestling company in the world other than using some cheesy stereotype gimmicks usually tailored to kids... which a lot of times get over.

I would ask how they treat white, black and asian guys in their locker room... The same stuff probably goes on. It is also a little ironic to me that Konnan became big off of playing a Cholo character, basically a Mexican thug stereotype.

I'm sick of hearing about racial this and that guys racist. Racial stereotypes are an EXCEPTED part of our culture. All ethnic groups use them in their humor, their music, their films and often proudly wear them on their clothing. Those that complain are just liars looking to get something for nothing. You think I'm wrong? Well find me one black guy who's ever said, " How dare you say that I have a big penis. That's perpetuating a racial stereotype!" No, they're happy with that one. ;)

You think I'm wrong? Well find me one black guy who's ever said, " How dare you say that I have a big penis. That's perpetuating a racial stereotype!" No, they're happy with that one. ;)

So you are comparing a penis, with a man losing his job, his future and his dreams?

You gotta be kidding me, or else you are totally insane.

Another post from this guy about racism... Hey guy, don't believe about all your read in the internet. If what Del Rio is spewing is true (im pretty sure it isn't...) then he is an accomplice to allow racism to hapen in WWE by keeping his mouth shut while he gets championships and big money. Noone was holding a gun to his head to make him shut up about what was hapening... To me he is just a bitter guy who got released and now is trying to make a bad name for the company that released him...

1. Remember what the word "allegedly" means.

2. Let's not be overdramatic. Del Rio will do fine without the WWE.

3. The South has nothing to do with the topic.

4. Austin has nothing to do with the topic. Again.

5. Why you're allowed to keep going is well beyond me. It's incredibly obvious you're posting for attention at this point.

6. I am typing this to get my post count up.

7. If you ever start a thread that's not meant to cause controversy or praise a Wendy's spokesman, I'll be very surprised.

Not sure if Triple H means to be racist, just failing at being funny, which goes for his on screen persona as well. Nothing to see here, chaps.

The thing about a situation like this is that it's all He said/He said, there's no way of knowing if it's true or not.

At one time or another, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Triple H, or anyone in the WWE locker room, has made remarks that could be considered racist or jokes that could be viewed as racist. At one time or another, we've all probably said something ourselves or heard someone say something, even laughed at it even if it was inappropriate. It's not right and I'm not defending it.

At the same time, Del Rio's credibility is hurt in my eyes because all of this has only come out now that he's been fired. Had Del Rio blown the whistle about all this while he was still with WWE, it'd be MUCH harder to dismiss. It'd also be much harder to dismiss if someone else also comes forward that doesn't come off like a former employee carrying a grudge over being let go. If what he says is true, then one could easily argue that he ultimately put up with it and that it was all fine & dandy so long as he was making a nice, fat paycheck. However, since Del Rio's firing, he's been making accusations of racism and since he doesn't have any proof of it, like a cell phone video or something, then this could easily be argued that this is nothing more than sour grapes from a fired employee.

As far as Dave Meltzer's report goes...well I guess that just makes it rock solid gospel then doesn't it. :p I mean, we all know that the dirt sheets NEVER get it wrong. :p And all on the word of another former Latino employee who wanted to wrestle but, allegedly, either wasn't willing or wasn't able to lose the baby fat. As far as Konnan goes...please....the guy's been screaming racism towards every non Mexican wrestling company he's ever wrestled for. I remember reading a report a few years back in which Konnan said he needed hip surgery, TNA was gonna pay for it but backed out and then went on a racial tirade.

For an allegation as serious as this, I'm gonna need a little something more than the word of a bitter ex employee and the king of the dirt sheet writers.

I get the impression this is what Triple H is if he's in anyway 'racist'

[YOUTUBE]YyXuP48LDOE[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah it's a dumb thing to do, trying to be hip with an ethnic group you're not part of but I'm fairly sure Triple H isn't a full blown KKK racist. He's probably just ignorant of certain things and thinks he's funny. Del Rio probably didn't or doesn't want to understand that.

The thing is if it was as bad as Del Rio's making out to be why haven't loads of people come forward. Yeah Konnan has said WWE is racist but Konnan is also insane. Why haven't Cryme Tyme or Chavo Guerrero said anything about WWE being racist. All they've really said is how they've been misused.

I would think that if they were openly racist they'd be hit with tons of lawsuits regarding the issue by now - sounds like a disgruntled ex employee to me

Alberto is telling to the truth. IMO. This isn't the first time someone has said WWE is racist. Many wrestlers have commented on racism in wwe like ahmed johnson, konnan, kanyon, and other wrestlers have commented.
This doesnt surprise me.
This isnt new. Racism has always been big in WWE. Especially doing 80s and 90s

Why are so many people bashing del rio for standing up for himself. Or speaking out against WWE

Stop being a sheep and blinded. Seriously.
WWE marks make me sick. Smdh. Plain sad

Actually it has. We don't talk about in bright day but you have to admit that the southern mentality has inflicited and still lives on in WWE. This proves it.
I'm pointing on the subject of how racism southern mentality has inflicted the WWE since it began and how three faces like austin, triple h, and flair has had.

But I'm also as an Austin-mark thinks it's cool, that Austin has more power in the south then anybody.

Where did the southern mentality of WWE come from? Arkansas? Mississippi?

What was your reaction when Stone Cold shot and killedTrayvon Martin? What race are you? Please don't be white, please don't be white.

To the topic at hand, candle sticks make a nice gift.

HHH hates gays and Albanians. Vince hates aardvarks and people who can't gracefully pronounce the word destination . Steph hates whoever chose her wardrobe on Monday. If this is the shit that distracts people from getting ahead in life and allows the rest of us to move forward and succeed then keep up the grandstanding.

Bumblebeeman, classic Simpsons. Love that show.

Funny how Del Rio brought up this alleged racism only after he has left the company. If he was SO offended, then why didn't he quit earlier? Why didn't he "pull a C.M. Punk" and walk out?

It wouldn't have anything to do with being fired by WWE, would it? I mean, yeah, a disgruntled ex-employee bagging his former employer, that has a lot of credibility to it.

The thing about a situation like this is that it's all He said/He said, there's no way of knowing if it's true or not.

At one time or another, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Triple H, or anyone in the WWE locker room, has made remarks that could be considered racist or jokes that could be viewed as racist. At one time or another, we've all probably said something ourselves or heard someone say something, even laughed at it even if it was inappropriate. It's not right and I'm not defending it.

At the same time, Del Rio's credibility is hurt in my eyes because all of this has only come out now that he's been fired. Had Del Rio blown the whistle about all this while he was still with WWE, it'd be MUCH harder to dismiss. It'd also be much harder to dismiss if someone else also comes forward that doesn't come off like a former employee carrying a grudge over being let go. If what he says is true, then one could easily argue that he ultimately put up with it and that it was all fine & dandy so long as he was making a nice, fat paycheck. However, since Del Rio's firing, he's been making accusations of racism and since he doesn't have any proof of it, like a cell phone video or something, then this could easily be argued that this is nothing more than sour grapes from a fired employee.

As far as Dave Meltzer's report goes...well I guess that just makes it rock solid gospel then doesn't it. :p I mean, we all know that the dirt sheets NEVER get it wrong. :p And all on the word of another former Latino employee who wanted to wrestle but, allegedly, either wasn't willing or wasn't able to lose the baby fat. As far as Konnan goes...please....the guy's been screaming racism towards every non Mexican wrestling company he's ever wrestled for. I remember reading a report a few years back in which Konnan said he needed hip surgery, TNA was gonna pay for it but backed out and then went on a racial tirade.

For an allegation as serious as this, I'm gonna need a little something more than the word of a bitter ex employee and the king of the dirt sheet writers.

Let's face it, Dave Meltzer is like Mark Madden. Both make up stories to get attention and readers. Neither have actually run a wrestling company or wrestled in one, and both appeal to the lowest demoninator for their stories. I also sense that neither actually love wrestling, because anyone who loves it wouldn't write so much negative stuff all the time about it. True fans give credit when due, and criticism when due. Meltzer or Madden do neither.

Alberto is telling to the truth. IMO. This isn't the first time someone has said WWE is racist. Many wrestlers have commented on racism in wwe like ahmed johnson, konnan, kanyon, and other wrestlers have commented.
This doesnt surprise me.
This isnt new. Racism has always been big in WWE. Especially doing 80s and 90s

Why are so many people bashing del rio for standing up for himself. Or speaking out against WWE

Stop being a sheep and blinded. Seriously.
WWE marks make me sick. Smdh. Plain sad

I have yet to see a person leaving the company for Racial abuse. People allways come to make these coments after they are fired/released from WWE. It is not beeing a mark as you put it, it's using common sense.

If they are really beeing abused and not reporting it cause they want to continue to make good money, they are allowing them to be racist and that is beeing as bad as them in my view.

You are the one jumping in conclusions without tangible proof or reasonable doubt. I wont believe a guy who has been with a company for 4+ years, that was well payed and given the oportunity to be champion various times and only says he was a victim of racial abuse after he is released from that company. He has 0 credibility to me.

AHH Del Rio needs to keep his mouth shut both him and that scum bag Punk good riddance WWE has been a whole lot better with out either one of them

Del Rio won the Royal Rumble, Money in the Bank (in the same year I might add, and is a 2 time WWE and WHC champ

hahaha I personally think he didn't deserve half of WWE gave him, he's a mid card guy who was thrown in the main event way too many times and failed almost each and everyone of those times

Triple H spitting some real hate to Del Rio and WWE employees as well.

Holy shit :O :gasp::gasp:
We all knew that Triple H is a real asshole backstage and all..

But this goes beyond wrestling, this is pure hate to Del Rio and fucking up his career and life.

Just like Ric Flair was saying the n-word to Teddy Long.

Wrestling has a strong fanbase and mentality in south. But I think Austin is better then triple and flair and had a stronger base in South then them.
Wrestling has been strong in south. Austin is the embodiment for the southern wrestling, even rednecks and racist cheered for Austin.
It shows how great Austin is, and that he has the power in south.

Oh while I'm sure racial remarks have been made, and no one is advocating that under any circumstances it is correct or right. I'm still struggling here to understand how this supposed racial slur made by HHH has anything to do with Steve Austin.

Maybe you can also explain for my own curiosity only, what does HHH calling someone a "Bumblebee" have anything to do with, Austin, rednecks or any power he might have had in the south.

Or are you saying that if Austin wasn't so great, or had so much power in the south, or if he didn't own the south, then HHH could say whatever he wants. Because you know in that case rednecks wouldn't be watching wrestling, remember they are only watching because of SCSA.

So in reality, SCSA and all his power in the south, is responsible for this whole thing. Goddammit I knew it was him all along.

I doesn't surprise me at all to find out that Triple H is a racist. For years, WWE has had minorities dress up and act as their stereotypical characters. They figure "Hey! We can't come up with anything unique or different, so why not give him a seemingly racist, stereotypical character!". It's juvenile and pathetic of how these grown "businessmen" act.

And not to be racist and stereotypical myself, but let's be honest. Triple H and Vince have grown up in Stamford-Greenwich, CT - cities where you are wealthy and snobby depending on race.

The Stone Cold guy is a troll and it is amusing honestly because he gets everyone worked up. The topic itself is pretty valid because race=gimmick comes up on here a lot. Guys like Eddie, Ray, etc. were over, Del Rio was never really over and it does come off bad he is saying all this after the fact, like an ex that trashes you after you dump her. He said he planned on not renewing his contract to begin with. I'm sure WWE has a pretty regulated locker room environment compared to others, and if you get a lot of jacked up intense dudes stressed out and trying to get ahead in one place things are going to be said that people regret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back