• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Triple H Gets It Right Once In A While.

Monkey_Mania

I Am The One Who Knocks
Wrestlezone said:
Triple H also gives his take on determining who the best wrestler in the business is. "If you go to the internet, there's always somebody saying 'this guy is the best wrestler in the world' and you've got somebody else saying, 'no, this guy is the best wrestler in the world.' But it's not about what they like. It's what the masses like," Hunter said. "These guys they're talking about are wrestling in front of 50 people, not 20,000. And that's because the masses don't want to see them." Triple H then praises Hulk Hogan. He said, "The biggest name ever, if you look at Hulk Hogan, what big move did he ever do? But he knew how to tell a story, how to get fans to interact with his character and keep them entertained. It's not about how high or how far you can jump, it's about telling stories."

For all you naysayers. He gets something right.

I was just about to post the same thing Monkey, hopefully people will look at Trips in a different light now, the guy told it like it is, many young wrestlers are just there for a paycheck and don't have the patience to succeed in the business(*cough* Carlito *cough*). And who says he don't respect Hogan? Those rumours are finally put to rest, he flat out gave full credit to Hogan being a great entertainer, and that you don't need to know a thousand moves to be a good wrestler.

This shows that HHH is not stupid. He realizes that the business is about entertainment not actual ability. This is why he is one of the top guys(people love him) and not just because who he's wife is. He entertains people enough for them to cheer and this is why a business will suceed not becuase you can do a thousand moves. And I love how he burned the IWC(he must no how much he is hated by them) unfairly or not.

Olympic wrestling and professional wrestling have exactly ZERO in common.

There are so many people who think that if u can't chain wrestle, then u suck and should get out of the sport. But unlike olympic wrestlers, WWE wrestler's technique or wrestling ability or 50 different moves is not a preriquisite to become a WWE champ...and thats my point, and I think HHH's. In the WWE entertainment>actual wrestling ability

There are so many people who think that if u can't chain wrestle, then u suck and should get out of the sport. But unlike olympic wrestlers, WWE wrestler's technique or wrestling ability or 50 different moves is not a preriquisite to become a WWE champ...and thats my point, and I think HHH's.
I want to make sure you understand something.

There is INCREDIBLE skill and ability needed to become good in wrestling. No, chain wrestling has nothing to do with it, but it still take tremendous skill to get over. It takes skill of knowing how to entertain people, making people believe in your character, drawing them in to the story of your match.

I get the feeling that you're not exactly understanding that.

HHH was right on, pity he spoiled it by saying this later on

"I see guys complaining: 'I've been here for five years and they're not doing anything with me.' I say to the guy: 'Dude, you've been doing the same thing now that you were five years ago. What do you expect?'"

I suppose after 10 years his routine must seem "new" again

HHH was right on, pity he spoiled it by saying this later on

I suppose after 10 years his routine must seem "new" again
Why would Triple H change what he's doing? He's a main-eventer and wins World titles.

The people he's talking about are people who are nobodies, and stay nobodies because they don't do anything to change it.

Why would Triple H change what he's doing? He's a main-eventer and wins World titles.

The people he's talking about are people who are nobodies, and stay nobodies because they don't do anything to change it.

Some mid carders are great and don't need a change but never get used, then some change and it hurts their career...Owen Hart?

I want to make sure you understand something.

There is INCREDIBLE skill and ability needed to become good in wrestling. No, chain wrestling has nothing to do with it, but it still take tremendous skill to get over. It takes skill of knowing how to entertain people, making people believe in your character, drawing them in to the story of your match.

I get the feeling that you're not exactly understanding that.

I understand that it takes alot to become big in the WWE. It is just as hard to get "over" with the fans as it does to do a certain move, and this is why a guy like Charlie Haas seems to be going nowhere. He can "wrestle" but he doesn't have the skills it takes to become "big" in the WWE. I have been saying that a wrestler dont need to be actual good "wrestlers" they just need to entertain and it is just as hard to do that.

But thanks Sly for making me "undertand" something I already knew, it's the thought that ur helping me "get over" that counts!:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back