• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Travesty in the Music Tournament

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
People, for some unexplained reason, Dream Theatre is being ROBBED by voters in the 90's bracket, as Evanescense are, at the time of this post, winning 11-6. That should NEVER happen.

I am here to appeal to those of you who have not yet voted. Please stand up for good music, for progressive rock. NOBODY who voted for Evanescense bothered to post why, because THERE IS NO GOOD REASON.

Evanescense is an over rated upstart.

Dream Theatre is a classic band - champions of prog rock in the lineage of bands such as Testament, Savatage, Kings X, Stratovarious, Joe Satriani, Stevie Vai, etc.

DO THE RIGHT THING - SUPPORT DREAM THEATRE NOW!!!

11-9. Folks, good music can STILL rise up and be victorious. If you have not already done so, please go vote for Dream Theatre over Evanescense in the 90's region of the music tournament.

I voted Evanescence because, well I've actually heard of them.

Well you should've at least looked up a few Dream Theater songs, I mean it's not hard to go to Youtube and just type a search for Dream Theater, hell I think Shadow even posted some, it would have only taken a few minutes for you to see the greatness that is Dream Theater

C'mon people posting for a band just cause you haven't heard of the other band is just dumb, just cause some one has mainstream success doesn't mean they are better, in this case it doesn't even mean they are good

I voted Evanescence because, well I've actually heard of them.

Funny I must've forgotten this was the "Vote For Who You've Heard Of" tournament.

FOLLOW THE FUCKING RULES OF THE TOURNAMNET, WHICH ASTOUNDINGLY INCLUDE: LISTENING TO BOTH BANDS BEFORE VOTING.

If you're not going to follow the rules, do us all a favor, and don't vote. Please.

FUCK. This is really fucking starting to piss me off, people coming in here and voting for bands because their name sounds prettier then the other or because the name of the band is named after a city they don't like. How fucking mind-numbingly ******ed is that shit? These people should be fucking banned from voting in this tournament.

Funny I must've forgotten this was the "Vote For Who You've Heard Of" tournament.

FOLLOW THE FUCKING RULES OF THE TOURNAMNET, WHICH ASTOUNDINGLY INCLUDE: LISTENING TO BOTH BANDS BEFORE VOTING.

If you're not going to follow the rules, do us all a favor, and don't vote. Please.

FUCK. This is really fucking starting to piss me off, people coming in here and voting for bands because their name sounds prettier then the other or because the name of the band is named after a city they don't like. How fucking mind-numbingly ******ed is that shit? These people should be fucking banned from voting in this tournament.

Do me a favour Xfear and don't have a go at me.

Maybe I don't have time to listen to the hundreds of bands I haven't heard of. And Evanescence are one of my favourite bands. If I haven't heard of either band, I won't vote. But seeings as I've heard PLENTY of Evanescence I think I'm at perfect liberty to vote for who I want to.

Do me a favour Xfear and don't have a go at me.

Do me a favor and follow the damn rules to the tournament. Or don't participate. Not hard.

Maybe I don't have time to listen to the hundreds of bands I haven't heard of.

If you have time to post on WZ, you have time to take FIVE damn minutes and listen to ONE song from a band on YouTube. Don't give me this "I don't have time", if you have time to post on a wrestling forum, odds are you have plenty of time to listen to one song.

And Evanescence are one of my favourite bands. If I haven't heard of either band, I won't vote. But seeings as I've heard PLENTY of Evanescence I think I'm at perfect liberty to vote for who I want to.

But you're not at perfect liberty, what you're doing, is breaking the rules of the tournament. Some of us have worked pretty damn hard to organize this thing, and we didn't do it to have people come in and vote on match ups without even listening to one of the other bands.

So, do me a favor, and either A) Follow the rules of the tournament, or B) Don't participate in it. Not hard.

I might mess with you. I'm undecided.

:lmao: This is exactly why I don't vote in the fucking tournament. I have my own favorites, but I might not have great reasoning for voting against a group/band I've never heard of, other than to say I like the band I know.. versus the band I don't.

I'm half way tempted just to vote Evanescence simply because I know xfear will collectively implode right here and now.. and that shit is just too great to pass up.

HOWEVER, as I already said.. this is exactly why I don't vote in those fucking tournaments.. because people can't handle when others form their own opinion. I could give a shit less about some band I've never heard of. If I wanted to vote for a band because I liked them, against a band I don't even wanna listen to.. then thats my right. However, to amuse and please the likes of those who blow the fuck up over music.. this is why I stay away.

I'll vote for one of my favourote bands if I want to. Just like people voted for their favourite wrestlers in that tournament. And furthermore isn't one of criteria for this thing what their mark on the music industry is?

Dream Theater - Pull Me Under (thats what the group/video is called on youtube)
[youtube]2pIjHeBbRtY[/youtube]

That song, as Wes said is one of their best and most popular.. versus..

Evanescence - My Immortal (arguably, their best)
[youtube]YxQrPXPSVhQ[/youtube]

All in all, while I'm still not voting.. I'm sorry.. I liked the Dream Theater song.. but I still love "My Immortal" more. That being said, if I did wanna vote, I'd vote Evanescence because I like their music and meaning more. (sad and depressive)

I'll vote for one of my favourote bands if I want to. Just like people voted for their favourite wrestlers in that tournament. And furthermore isn't one of criteria for this thing what their mark on the music industry is?

Wow. I'm just in disbelief here people.

Okay, I'm going to say this in big bold letters so everyone can understand it, got it?

THE RULES OF THE TOURNAMENT INCLUDE LISTENING TO BOTH BANDS BEFORE VOTING

Got it? Should I write it in even bigger letters so you can understand it?

And yes, one of the criteria is their mark on the music industry, which is funny that you'd bring up, considering that Dream Theater have had a much larger influence then Evanescence ever has or will.

Dream Theater - Pull Me Under (thats what the group/video is called on youtube)
[youtube]2pIjHeBbRtY[/youtube]

That song, as Wes said is one of their best and most popular.. versus..

Evanescence - My Immortal (arguably, their best)
[youtube]YxQrPXPSVhQ[/youtube]

All in all, while I'm still not voting.. I'm sorry.. I liked the Dream Theater song.. but I still love "My Immortal" more. That being said, if I did wanna vote, I'd vote Evanescence because I like their music and meaning more. (sad and depressive)

That's perfectly fine Will, I have no issue with people voting for other bands because they like them more. But you actually took the time to listen to both bands, and not completely disprespect this tournament, IC25, and myself by voting blindly without listening to both bands, like HBKaholic did.

Granted, Evanescence is still absolute drivel and that song you posted is about as original, catchy, or musically talented as me taking a shit, but thats just my opinion and besides the point.

See how long that took HBKaholic? All of what, five minutes for Will to listen to a Dream Theater song? How ever did he find the time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back