Top Tag Team And Singles Star On Their Way To NXT?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to Dave Meltzer, War Machine is currently undergoing medical testing that goes hand in hand with being signed by WWE. Nothing's mentioned exactly when they'll show up or where, but it's believed that they'll start out as part of NXT so that they can work a high profile program with Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish.

The report did state that Hanson and Rowe finished up with their ROH commitments this past weekend and if all goes well with the medical exams, they should be ready to make their debut in NXT in time for WrestleMania season. Hanson and Rowe will have their final match for New Japan at Wrestle Kingdom 12 where they're scheduled to be part of a gauntlet match, teaming with Michael Elgin, for the NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Championship.

War Machine's a major hoss tag team and have been among the top teams out on the indie scene for the past couple of years. They ended their 2nd run as IWGP Tag Team Champions back in July and held the ROH World Tag Team Championship beginning in late 2015 and through most of the first half of 2016. They're a fun team to watch and they should do well in NXT.

There are also reports that top indie star Ricochet, AKA Prince Puma in Lucha Underground, will be parting ways with LU and could be signed next month after he officially wraps up with LU. There's been a lot of talk and rumors for a while that WWE has wanted to sign him and that he's wanted to sign with WWE, but he's been unable to as a clause in his contract with Lucha Underground stated that he couldn't exclusively sign with anyone until the third season of Lucha Undergound aired, which it eventually did despite being filmed in May of last year. At 29, he's been considered one of the top guys on the indie scene for the past several years, especially for his work in LU, Dream Gate and New Japan; he's a 2 time LU Champion, he's done everything there was to do in Dream Gate, 3 time IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champion, winner of the Best of the Super Juniors tournament in 2014 and is the current World Champion for Pro Wrestling Guerilla. What he probably best known for, however, is for the match he had with Will Ospreay on May 27 of last year as part of the Best of the Super Juniors tournamentthat initiated a firestorm of debate online. Some praised the match and work of the two while others, most notably Vader, called the match a "gymnastics routine."

So yeah, these would be two high profile gets for WWE and, as with War Machine, Ricochet can potentially thrive in NXT though it'll be more of a crapshoot when/if they make it to the main roster.

Sweet mother of God, WWE's roster keeps getting thicker and thicker. While there's always concern about whether WWE will use their new signings wisely, I've no doubt in my mind War Machine will do phenomenally in NXT and WWE. War Machine are undoubtedly within the top five tag teams on the planet. They can deliver in matches like very few big men can and with their look, Vince will be slobbering all over them.

As for Ricochet, I think he'll be a nice fit. I have been to a number of shows headlined by Ricochet and he's without a doubt a star in the making. He moves so flawlessly in the ring and his charisma should get him over fairly well. What might be a problem is his ability to talk and sound convincing. When Ricochet speaks, it sounds as if he's reading from a script. That's nothing a little promo class can't fix at the WWE performance center. But hopefully the WWE will play up to his greatest strength — his ability to wrestle.

Ricochet, War Machine and Candice LeRae. Ricochet is known for his great body of work on the indie scene like in PWG, Dragon Gate, Lucha Underground and NJPW. He's slated for NXT at the moment. Candice could well be on her way to NXT and unite with Gargano (only my theory). She had already performed in the Mae Young Classic, so her signing doesn't surprise me at all. War Machine is a team I know very little of, but have heard some good things about. They have also worked all over the world including PWG, ROH and NJPW.

Out of these, Ricochet is probably the biggest star, and I hope WWE does justice to his talent. I just hope he doesn't end up in the cruiser-weight division. Candice is a veteran in the ring and could easily fit in the title scene of either brands, but I think SD would be a better place for her for now (if she ends up on the main roster soon). WWE needs some new tag teams and War Machine could be great fit.

What do you guys think of these signings?

Out of these, Ricochet is probably the biggest star, and I hope WWE does justice to his talent. I just hope he doesn't end up in the cruiser-weight division.
Ricochet was undoubtedly one of my favorites on the independent scene since Gargano left. He moves so flawlessly in the ring and is perhaps one of the most athletically gifted wrestlers this generation has seen. With that, I'm worried for him. He's great when it comes time to deliver in the ring but I'm worried when it comes to his ability to deliver a decent promo. I do think that'll be his downfall. He's got charisma. He's got a great look but he just sounds so bad when when he talks.

With that, he reminds me of Finn Balor. They're around the same build and neither aren't too great when talking. The only difference is Ricochet is a way better wrestler. If they send Ricochet to NXT for a year or so like they did with Finn, I think he could very well stay away from the 205 Live death sentence.

Ricochet doesnt have a cruiserweight build. Like balor i find it believable that he can be billed at over 205. Neville is another that should have been billed at over 205 (he probably was) and its probably why he's gone

I've seen some of their work on the indy's and i have to say, out of the three signing, i feel like Ricochet will need to find a way to adjust the the slower past of the WWE or he will get stuck in the 205 live division really quickly. Candice i feel will be good for the NXT women's division but again i don't see her being something special on the main roster mostly because they have so many women's that look like her on the main roster and she really look generic.

As for War machine, the problem they might face on the main roster is that you got so many tag team that does the almost same gimmick they do. Just look at the bludgeon brothers or the authors of pain and heavy machinery on NXT. They are pretty much the same Road warriors smash mouth tag team and that's limiting at the end.

Yet, i really hope that i'm wrong and all of them get great success in WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back