NXT Takeover Brooklyn 4: Was it the best?

Which Takeover Brooklyn is the best so far?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Tonight NXT held its 4th edition of NXT Takeover in Brooklyn. The show has become one of the, and quite possibly THE, most important shows for NXT of the year. As is always the case with NXT Takeover events the in-ring work was nothing short of phenominal and there was not a single bad match on this show. In this thread we'll discuss the results of this event as well as the previous four. Let's begin with tonight.

NXT TAKEOVER BROOKLYN 4

Moustache Mountain VS Undisputed Era [NXT Tag Team Championship]
Great choice for an opener. It set the pace for the rest of the night and both teams put forth a great effort. Bate in particular did really good. I'm not surprised with the result of the match. Moustache Mountain would have remained over with or without a win here.

EC3 VS Velveteen Dream
Loved the video package for this. Dream continues to impress me with each of his performances at Takeover events. The win was well deserved and I bet he will be called up to the main roster soon. Not sure where EC3 goes from here.

Adam Cole VS Ricochet [North American Championship]
Back to back high quality matches with EC3 VS Dream and then this one. I was not expecting Ricochet to win and that was a nice surprise. I liked Cole's "You're not special!" taunts which were a nice touch for a heel tactic. With the exception of the main event, this was the best match of the night. Extremely fun match to watch.

Kairi Sane VS Shayna Baszler [NXT Women's Championship]
This was probably the weakest match of the night, however the ending more than makes up for that. Kairi winning was such a good moment. I am genuinely happy for her. Can't wait to see how she will do as NXT Women's Champion. Check this one out for the win, at the very least.

Johnny Gargano VS Tommaso Ciampa [NXT Championship]
Just when you think these guys can't top their last match, they deliver a match of the year contender. My goodness what a match. They got a "fight forever" chant from the crowd and I certainly agreed. I had a feeling Ciampa was going to retain, somehow, but I really wanted Gargano to win. After Ricochet and Kairi had both won it makes sense for the heel champion to win. Don't miss out on this match!

Overall Thoughts
The main roster has, just like all of these major WWE weekends, a very tough act to follow tomorrow. I would put this as a step down from New Orleans or Chicago and still would give the show a solid "A". Not a single bad match on the entire show and the whole thing was loads of fun as a whole. If you missed the show and have time for it, go watch it in its entirety. The title changes and the main event will make it worth your while.

Here are the results from the previous shows in case you need a recap.

NXT Takeover Brooklyn (8/22/2015)
Jushin Thunder Liger VS Tyler Breeze
Blake and Murphy (with Alexa Bliss) VS The Vaudevillains (with Blue Pants) [NXT Tag Team Championship]
Apollo Crews VS Tye Dillinger
Baron Corbin VS Samoa Joe
Bayley VS Sasha Banks (NXT Women's Championship)
Finn Bálor VS Kevin Owens (Ladder Match for the NXT Championship)

NXT Takeover Brooklyn II (8/20/2016)
Austin Aries VS No Way Jose
Billie Kay VS Ember Moon
Andrade Almas VS Bobby Roode
Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa VS The Revival [NXT Tag Team Championship]
Asuka VS Bayley [NXT Women's Championship]
Samoa Joe VS Shinsuke Nakamura [NXT Championship]

NXT Takeover Brooklyn III (8/19/2017)
Andrade Cien Almas VS Johnny Gargano
Authors of Pain VS Sanity [NXT Tag Team Championship]
Aleister Black VS Hideo Itami
Asuka VS Ember Moon [NXT Women's Championship]
Bobby Roode VS Drew McIntyre [NXT Championship]

So here are the discussion questions for this topic.

1. What did you think of NXT Takeover Brooklyn 4? Did you like it? What matches were your favorites and why?

2. Which of the 4 NXT Brooklyn events was your favorite and why?

That was the best Takeover Brooklyn by far, there wasn't a single bad match. Tag team wrestling lIves in NXT. Cole vs Ricochet was my favorite match, the Superkick spot was fantastic and couldn't have been timed any better. Gargano vs Ciampa had to be one of the most brutal WWE matches in a decade.

For me, this was the strongest takeover of the year and one of my favorite overall.

Normally, their always at less one match the put me to sleep because It's too long or It's way overbooked. But tonight, everything was kept simple and every match told a great story. Even the ciampa vs gargano match, which I didn't want to watch at first because i wasn't a fan of the feud as of now, got me interested. For the first time since this feud started, I actually believe that gargano hated ciampa and that mostly because ciampa is just a great old school heel.

All in all, this was the best takeover that I saw in a very long time and I'm glad that I've decided to watch it.

I thought it was the strongest of the Brooklyn TakeOver specials, but I still think that the New Orleans show was the best of the year, maybe the best of all the TakeOver shows,

There wasn't a bad match on the card, nothing below a 3.5 star rating in my eyes, though I thought the Velveteen Dream vs. EC3 was the "weakest" match on the card. It says a lot for the overall quality of the show when the "weakest" outing is still a very good match. Everything else was 4 to 4.75 stars.

I gave 4.75 stars to Gargano vs. Ciampa as I thought it was the "weakest" of their outings but, again, that's not exactly saying anything bad considering all three will be looked at as classics. Had Gargano come out the champ, I'd have probably gone with a full 5 stars though, again, I'm not exactly complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back