Top 5 televison shows

• Thread starter The not-so Great Khali
  • Start date
Top 5 shows for me were

1. Married with Children: Endless gags, Al Bundy is a god among men. Always states the truth and was the first comedy to break the conventional rules of television entertainment. This show set the stage for many other shows that you see today. Without MWC, crappy shows like Cosby would still be plauging our tvs instead of Family Guy and South Park (even though thats cable)

2. Seinfield: It's a show about nothing. I could understand how a few people dont get it but its basically 4 people who pretty much dont really give a shit about anyone and live life according to the way they think its supposed to be lived and they overanalyze every little thing. Plus George Costanza had a cool answering machine, believe it or not.
3. Simpsons: I am a Simpsons mark yes. The shows have gotten stale over the years but I still watch occasionally when I have time. Homer is mad, Homer smash, get revenge on world! and..MUST KILL MOE...WHEEEE!
4. Family Guy: Followed the miold of Simpsons, but more edgier. I was one of the first people to watch Family Guy back in its heyday and no one really talked about it as much and then when it came back, I could still remember some episodes from the beginning. Great show!
5. Two and a Half Men: I had to put a current show. This show is awesome..Charlie Sheen's remarks are just genious and that other guy plays his brother who everyone pretty much makes fun of. I mean its funny to laugh at a guy who fails at life, women and everything else....(even if some of us are like that...its still funny)

Alright, my turn

I mostly just watch Wrestling, Football, and Hockey, cause most of TV is crap anymore, the TV shows I do watch I usually watch via DVD, so I'll list those

1-The Office(American Version)-
right now this is on the top of my list, the show is funny as hell, and is one of the few good TV shows on right now, every episode makes me laugh, just a great show

2-Seinfeld- Quit possiably on of the greatest shows of all-time, I liked the show before, but it wasn't till I barrowed my friends DVDs and started watching it again about a year ago that I really got into the show, I own all nine seasons on DVD, great show, always makes me laugh

3-Venture Bros.- Funniest show to come from Adult Swim IMO, anybody who is a fan of comics has to love this show, and where I may not be as into the comic book world as I used to be, I still find this show to be funny as hell, great show, just fucking hilarious

4-South Park- Another show, that where I liked it before, I never really fell in love with it till I started buying it on DVD, that's when you really see the greatness of the show, they are not afraid to poke fun at any situation, and I think that's what I love about it most, season 5 is by far the best

5-Futurerama- I liked this show in it's initial run on Fox, but when I stumbled on it on Adult Swim, late one night, that's when it really hooked me, I have since bought all there seasons on DVD, great show, by far better than the Simpsons

Twlight Zonehad me hooked ever since i first saw it around my 6th birthday. there is only one episode i havnt seen.

Boondocksif you havnt seen it...easily the most offensive show i have ever seen...mostly towards black people. Awesome.

Married with Childrenstill to this day the funniest show ever, with the excpetions of the last 2 seasons. fat jokes never get old. But the 90's bikinis look awkward.

Man vs Wildits interesting how far that man will go to show you how to survive if your are a mile below the surface of the earth...just eat gross shit.

Reno 911i thought this show would be cancelled after 1 season but i guess im not the only one who loves it, its still going. short shorts are rad.

Scrubs - Zach Braff and co are absoulty genius, love this show its has everything from sadness to comedy.

Family Guy - Okay South Park were right about many of there flashback set ups but its a hilarious show

How I Met You Mother - 3 seasons have passed and I want to know WHO IS YOUR DAMN FUTURE WIFE!!

Never Mind the Buzzcocks - Simon Amstell is a genius pure hilarity with Bill Bailey and Phil Jupitus

Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps - From the gross to the awesome this is must watch tv!!!

I don't really watch T.V, but the only shows I sit down to watch are:

The Simpsons - They've gotten a bit lame lately, but still it's a classic show that I've been watching a while.

South Park - This show is so outrageous. The things they say, and do on that show are really shocking, I'm suprised that they're not cancelled yet.

Family Guy - Similar to Soyth Park, but lately they've toned it done a little bit. Still they do, do shocking things, but not like in the earlier episodes.

Scrubs - This is probably the funniest show that doesn't make me laugh. It's funny at times, but sometimes it gets so stupid it's unwatchable.

Two and a Half men - I haven't seen this show in the longest time. It's a pretty funny show, probably my favourite sitcom still running, right now.

1. Law and Order, CI About two New York City Detectives who investigate tough murders in the city.

2. Law and Order, SVU Same as above, but the two detectives investigate sexual crimes.

3. House, MD Show about a crippled doctor amazingly played by Hugh Laurie, who treats patients with strange diseases. He is also a total and complete miserable scumbag, and I love him! Best British actor of the day, IMHO.

4. Family Guy Animated show about a family, Peter, Lois, Meg, Stewie and Chris. Kind of South Parkish, with outrageous comedy and contriversial shit that no live-action show could get away with in a million years. And, they have a talking dog, Brian! You HAVE to love a talking dog! :)

5. Mythbusters Discovery channel series where two special effects experts try to prove or disprove myths and urban legends by actually putting them to the test with science.

I can think of some more, but you said 5. :D

1.) Lost - Every episode is action-packed. Something big always happens in each episode, and the viewer has to watch each episode at least twice, because you always miss something the first time. Just about every actor on the show gives a great performance, and the payoff is hopefully something that is completely worth it.

2.) Dexter - I finished the first season in a week. If you haven't heard of it, it's a show on Showtime (and a watered down CBS version premieres tonight) about a forensic cop who is also a serial killer. He only kills those who he believes got off for crimes they should have been locked up for. Some victims include rapists, pedophilic, murderous music teachers, and repeat drunk drivers. The way he interacts with Sgt. Doakes (who knows something is off about him) is always fun as well.

3. 24 - Although the last season was pretty bad, the concept of the show is something that is so awesome. Kiefer Sutherland's portrayal of Jack Bauer is so well-done, and when a well-produced episode ends, it's groan-inducing.

4. The Office - The funniest show on TV, period. Steve Carell is the funniest actor on TV, period. They do a great job building up the entire ensemble cast, and each episode has at least one classic moment.

5. To Catch a Predator - The comic value for this show is great as well, and is the best reality TV show out there. There's nothing better than seeing a pedophile squirm while Chris Hansen reads their disgusting transcripts back to them. Then, the group of cops waiting for the pedophile once they leave the house also brings great comedic value.

1- South Park- I actualy like the later shows, but i kind of like that satire, and piss take out of modern day and revelant news. They can still fire out an old goody too, like the List. Great show, you always know your in for a laugh, and a shock. Seriously watch "Here Comes the Neighborhood". Classic

2- The Fresh Prince of Belair- I love this show, Carlton could possibly be the greatest television character of all time. Will is great in this too, as are all the others. Almost perfect show.

3- Simpsons- In its prime untouchable, and just say they had made all their other seasons like seasons 2-10, then this would be number 1. I used to be the hughest simpsons fan, taping every show, and watching every episode like 10 times. Now i dont even care if its on. Marge Vs the Monorail= Legend.

4- Never Mind the Buzzcocks- Amazing show, Bill Bailey is a comedy legend, Phil Jupitus is great. Personally i prefered Mark Lamar to Simon Amstel, but Simon is ok, still really a copy of Mark. Every show is always funny, its almost like a real life quiz show, with South Park like humour.

5- Fawlty Towers- Classic- Nuff said

1. The Simpsons - Up until about the 11th season, EVERY episode was hilarious. Now, they're a shell of their former selves, and I struggle to get through the episodes, but the re-runs of the older 10 seasons or so are still absolutely fantastic and a laugh riot all the way through.

2. Seinfeld - I'm on a bit of a Seinfeld break for a year just so I don't burn myself out, but this show is just amazing.

3. South Park - I'm not as big of a fan of the "crude for the sake of crude" jokes that they do as I am of the wit that they exhibit so frequently. How can you not laugh when they take a current issue and twist it to an unimaginable level yet still maintain a parody?

4. Family Guy - Its erratic formula is its charm...but I'm getting a little tired of the "is Stewie gay?" jokes that have been popping up often. They need to downplay him a little like he was in the first few seasons. Chris, too, I'm not a fan of.

5. How I Met Your Mother - When I first sat down to watch this, I thought it was going to be a chick show, full of "main woman falls down, we should all laugh and think the quarky bitch is funny". Too many sitcoms, even if they have a male protagonist, tend to gravitate towards just pleasing an over-emotional "Will & Grace" type of audience. This show deviates from that norm, though, and is written extremely well. Plus, the lancer, Barney, completely steals the show and is consistently hilarious.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

1. Heroes - My favorite show at the moment, but it hasn't been on long enough to classify it at the top 5...especially with this writer's strike bull that kept the second season at the half-way mark for nearly another year.

2. That 70's Show - I wasn't a big fan of this when it was on, but I've been watching it on a consistent basis for a good year now, all the syndication I can get, and I'm surprised that I didn't like it before. The thing that keeps this from being at the top is that I'm not a big fan of Fez, lol.

3. The Man Show - Very solid show up until Jimmy and Adam left. After that, the show nosedived into oblivion.

4. Big Brother - Despite how it can sometimes be annoying with certain house guests (especially this season with how they blatantly favored that idiot James and tried to keep him in the house as much as possible) the show is extremely interesting, especially for someone so into psychoanalysis like myself.

5. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno / Late Night with Conan O'Brien - Leno is much funnier than Conan, I believe, as Conan is more of a slapstick humor and I don't really like that. Despite how I love watching Leno, and how Conan's monologue is very good, I can't place either of these two on the top five because its really a "hit or miss" show basis. One night, the show can be hilarious, and the next night, with horrible guests, be a trainwreck.

Brimstone: My number one, an awesome series about a cop that was killed not long after killing his wife's rapist. Sent to hell, Lucifer sends him back with the mission of returning 113 damned souls to hell in return for release from the Pit. The show's one flaw? The morons at FOX tanked the show after 13 episodes while series like Melrose Place and Models, Inc got season after season. For shame.

[youtube]637yeJG7Vco[/youtube]

Knight Rider: The Hoff. Mr. Feeney from Boy Meets World. And a 1982 Pontiac Trans Am. Mix in some moral and ethic themes about helping humanity and fighting for justice and you have possibility the greatest show of the 1980's.

[youtube]WsXy2F_0itY[/youtube]

Scorch: A cute TV show about a newsreporter that befriends a Dragon from the dark ages that overslept. The Dragon is a puppet not unlike Alf, and had much of Alf's charm. Sadly, didn't last a full season. This clip is not the show, but its the same character:

[youtube]3X1AnQrlCis[/youtube]

God, The Devil, and Bob: Yup, the idiot brother from 3rd Rock From the Sun stars in this animated series about God and Lucifer's bet about wether or not humans are worth keeping around. The man they use to decide? Yup, Bob. Hilarious tongue in cheek humor with some passive religious references. Another show that was canceled after religious outrage.

[youtube]40mHRRftjhg[/youtube]

Airwolf: Rockets, bombs, and more. Unlike the A-Team, where bullets couldn't hit ANYONE... this show had no problems destroying every jeep, yank, and aircraft it comes across. Plus some kickass music!

[youtube]nr_CJL1YQRc[/youtube]

Dishonorable Mention: South Park. Most over-rated show ever. Granted, I stopped watching in 2002 or so, but all I saw year after year was the basest, most digusting use of toilet human and cursing. If it all it takes for you to laugh is a dancing turd and over 100 uses of profanity crammed into a 22 minute episode, then South Park is for you. Personally, I'll take Family Guy any day of the week.

Really have you ever sat through and watched episodes of South Park, and looked at the story, and the pop culture references in it. Major Boobage is perhaps the best south Park episode ever. The Swearing and poop jokes are to get the lowest common denominator to watch it. The actual stuff under the surface is great as well.

1. I Love Lucy. Yes it's old, yes it's outdated, but the comedy here is absolutely golden. It's the purest form of comedy there is and it never fails on a dull Saturday afternoon. When any other sitcom is still being aired 57 years later, then it can argue with Lucy.

2-5, in not any real particular order:

2. Tonight Show. The gold standard of the late night talk show, this show has been around forever and is still going strong. How many superstars have been on this show over the years? From presidents to Hulk Hogan and DDP, everyone who is a big name has been on this show.

3. South Park. This show to me is great because you don't have to wait months for a pop cultural reference due to the shortness of time it takes to make an episode. Yes some of the episodes are flat out awful, but when this show hits, there is nothing funnier on tv.

4. Smallville. This show is just great on so many levels. It's best days are behind it, but it's still great to watch. With the perfect cast, the multiple hot women, the superman forshadowing, and the purely evil Lex Luthor, this show is just awesome all around.

5. Monday Night Raw. Not sure if it's been mentioned or not yet, but how can this not be on the list? This show revolutionized wrestling today and is still the biggest show from the biggest company there is. Every Monday for the last I don't know how long have been spent counting down until 9pm. Has to be in the top 5.

Dishonorable Mention: South Park. Most over-rated show ever. Granted, I stopped watching in 2002 or so, but all I saw year after year was the basest, most digusting use of toilet human and cursing. If it all it takes for you to laugh is a dancing turd and over 100 uses of profanity crammed into a 22 minute episode, then South Park is for you. Personally, I'll take Family Guy any day of the week.

I guess we just have different tastes, but I feel the exact opposite. I think Family Guy is the worst written cartoon ever. Its funny don't get me wrong, but the south park episode where they make fun of it is dead on. The jokes aren't cleverly written, they are just randomly inserted into each episode.

South Park takes something from pop culture and makes fun of it in such clever ways that the people don't get offended. The World of Warcraft and Guitar Hero Teams even helped South Parks creators make the episodes that made fun of them.

South Park has been emmy nominated, Family Guy struggles from getting kicked off the air.

I guess we just have different tastes, but I feel the exact opposite. I think Family Guy is the worst written cartoon ever. Its funny don't get me wrong, but the south park episode where they make fun of it is dead on. The jokes aren't cleverly written, they are just randomly inserted into each episode.

South Park takes something from pop culture and makes fun of it in such clever ways that the people don't get offended. The World of Warcraft and Guitar Hero Teams even helped South Parks creators make the episodes that made fun of them.

South Park has been emmy nominated, Family Guy struggles from getting kicked off the air.

That's pretty true, for the most part. A huge deal of television is based on taste. Me and like 6 other people think that Buffy The Vampire Slayer the movie was better than the TV show.

Feces jokes ruin anything, in my opinion. So does cursing for the sake of cursing. South Park uses huge amounts of both. Episodes that are low in both might appeal to me, but the bulk of the episodes I saw were not making these cutting edge pop culture references. It must have been something that the show started doing as time went on, because I saw very little of that in the early years.

Credit to the knock on Family Guy's writing: its pretty accurate. However, I laugh more at a walk on reference to Starscream from Transformers getting a job at Peter's work than Cartmen having explosive diarrhea. I've never laughed at something like that. Its a major reason I am kept from fully enjoying AVGN videos as well.

The Wonder Years - When I was a kid, my mom made me watch this when it premiered on Nick at Nite, and it has been my favorite show ever since. Every episode had a great message behind it, and all of Kevin's relationships around him were so interesting and believable. Just a great, great show. It pisses me off this hasn't been released on DVD yet,

Dawson's Creek - It's probably kind of gay for a dude to like this show, but fuck do I love it. The Jen and Jack storylines are the reason why this show doesn't top my list. I didn't really like those characters. However... Dawson, Pacey, and Joey's characters and storylines are why this is number 2 on my list. Unfortunately, like The Wonder Years, I wasn’t able to watch this show while it was still on air. I caught it one day in like 2004 when I missed school. There was nothing else on and I figured to just check it out. It was the episode where Joey (played by Katie Holmes) lost her virginity to Pacey, and I've been hooked to the show ever since. Everyday after that I recorded the two episodes they would air on TBS every morning.

South Park - Well, this is the show I have watched since the beginning, and even though this is number 3 on my list, Eric Cartman ranks number 1 as my favorite television character of all time. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are just fucking geniuses. The way they're able to put in such important issues in their show while also keeping it hilarious is incredible.

The Ultimate Fighter - I have to credit this show for me really getting into MMA. Before, all I followed was Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock stuff, but this show alone broaden my horizons to the sport.

Saved by the Bell - I'm now 22, and been out of high school since 2004. However, since the 6th Grade, I watched this show every weekday morning while I woke up to go to school or work. I work nightshifts today so I'm not able to do so, but if I ever take a day off, come 6:00 in the morning, my TV is most likely on TBS. I know pretty much every episode by heart now. I'm not a big fan of the Miss Blis years, but everything pass that point is awesome (including the college years). I was never able to get into the "New Class" bullshit though.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air gets an honorable mention. Calrton is the second funniest TV character of all time in my book, right behind Carman from South Park.

I'm just going to list the top 5 shows that are currently on television i imo instead of my top 5 ever. I'm not including things like sportcenter or discovery channel shows. I’m also leaving out current shows that I enjoy like The Shield, Bones, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Family Guy, Simpsons etc and shows that are no longer on like The Sopranos, The Wire, Oz, Jericho, Seinfield and others.

In no order...

Lost- Honestly my favorite show of all time. I love being able to read and hear other people’s theories and have my own without actually expecting anything to be true. Even if I find myself reading a spoiler I still love watching it acted out. I love the characters, I love the suspense, I love the concept, the connections between everyone, the fact that it’s such smart writing, I love the mystery, love everything about it.

Prison Break- One of the big knocks on this show is that it isn’t realistic. Granted it’s television so it’s supposed to lack full realism but it does have a lot of far fetched elements, none of which I have a problem with. I like how each season has had a different set of circumstances to deal with from prison, to being on the run, etc. and really enjoy it.\

Heroes- Similar to Lost in the respect of it having a large cast, nice cliffhangers, plot twists, etc. I enjoy watching the characters learn about their powers have their conflicts, etc.

House- A different spin on the typical medical shows or shows involving teams of people trying to figure things out. House is a hilarious character and his supporting cast is good too, including the newer members
imo.

24- Season 6 was highly criticized and I see why as I didn’t enjoy it as much but still liked it. Overall the series is great and I never know who will live or die. It’s fairly repetitive with Jack being captured, beating people up, etc. but it’s still highly entertaining.

my new top 5:

Las Vegas: This show was great, It was a dramedy about the employees of a casino (The Montecito) in Las Vegas(Lol). The employees were:

Ed Deline: Former President of Operations and Head of Security of the Montecito Resort & Casino, and also a former member of the Board of Directors. Deline was, at one point, one of the main characters , portrayed as a loving husband and father, as well as a father figure to his employees, especially Danny. Nevertheless, he is a tough man and doesn't hesitate to use violence to get what he wants. As the former Director of Counter Intelligence for the CIA, his past has come back to haunt him in several occasions. Ed left the casino since being wanted by the Las Vegas police for killing Mary Connell's father and has since gone into hiding. Ed went back to work for the CIA and is currently in Paris, France.

Danny McCoy:Initially Ed's apprentice, surrogate son, and best friend who was later promoted to Head of Security. After the resignation of Ed in 2005, Danny was made President of Operations of the Montecito Resort & Casino for a brief period. However, following Ed's return, Danny was officially made Head of Security in Season 3. He was born and raised in Las Vegas.He was involved in an on-and-off relationship with his childhood friend, Mary. At one point, the two were even engaged. The show was narrated by this character for the first few episodes. In Season 5, Danny finally gets Ed's job and is now President of Operations for the casino.

Mike Cannon: engineer (with both undergraduate and graduate degrees from MIT in Mechanical Engineering) who worked as head valet for the first season, but was officially recruited by Ed Deline to the security department to help during Danny's military absence. He stayed on as security personnel despite being paid less than his job as a valet and cured his claustrophobia at the end of Season 1. In Season 5, when Danny accepts the job as the President of Operations for the Casino, Mike is promoted to Head of Security and Surveillance.

Samantha Jane "Sam" Marquez:the self-proclaimed best Casino Host in the world, lives in a Montecito suite. She is portrayed as a ruthless business person whose sole interest is to get high rollers to play at the Montecito. She was the fifth owner of the Montecito but she fail to pay the taxes (241 million dollars) And at the same time she was Kidnapped by one of her "whales" and was nearly raped. She was always funny and had a frienship with Delinda, Mary and Polly.(My favorite character of the show).

Delinda Deline: She sucks.

Mary Connell : Hotel manager for the seasons 3 and 4. She was engaged to Danny. Her father raped her when she was a child .She left the Casino 'cause she thought she had killed her father, but it was Ed Deline

A.J. Cooper: New owner of the Montecito.
WE NEED A REAL ENDING!!!!!

Desperate Housewives: A great show about the lives of women living on wisteria lane. This show is great and the mix of comedy adn drama is just great. (I said everything on my first post.)

Jericho: The storyline centers on the residents of Jericho, a small, rural Kansas town, in the aftermath of nuclear attacks on 23 major cities in the contiguous United States. The series begins with a visible nuclear detonation of unknown origin over nearby Denver, Colorado, and a loss of power and modern communications, effectively isolating Jericho. Later, power is restored to Jericho by what is alluded to as the efforts of the U.S. government, but soon after, an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) disables all electronics. Several themes regularly addressed in the show included the gathering of information, community identity, public order, limited resources, the value of family, hardships of fatherhood and internal and external threats. The show also features several mysteries involving the backgrounds of major characters, the perpetrators of the attack, and the extent of damage to the United States and its government.

Thi show deserved a second season and we got it and those seven episodes were amazing. It was one of the best show this season (along with lost)

Lost: This season was amazing who are the oceanic six? why they were the onl ones who got off the island? Ben can control Smokey. Why is Claire on the cabin?. So many questions without an answer. This show is so fucking amazing. Lost hit a low point on season 3 but is definitely back on track and I'm ready for a superb season finale tonight.

I don't really have any other must-watch show last season it was Grey's Anatomy but this year It became just another Soap Opera.

These are in no particular order

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air-This is an awesome show.In case you don't know what its about,its about a kid named Will Smith(played by Will Smith weird huh) who is sent by his mother to live with his rich relatives in Bel-Air.If you haven't seen it watch it on Nick-at-Nite it is a truly awesome show.

Saved by the Bell-OK honestly,how many of you haven't watched this show.None of you just what I thought.If you don't know,its about Zach Morris who hangs out with his group of friends at Bayside High School in Bayside,California while getting into various situations.Check It out weeknights at 7 P.M. on the N if you haven't seen it.The show is well written and very enjoyable.Plus,Kelly Kapowski(Tiffiani-Amber Thiessen) is friggin HOT!

George Lopez-George is hilarious,his wife on the show is HOT(plus a good actor) and the show has good writing.The show is about George Lopez playing a character of the same name and dealing with life.Check it out if you haven't already.Nick-at-Nite at 10 p.m.

Home Improvement-This show stars Tim Allen.Tim's character lives in the Detroit area and stars on a cable tool show.The character deals with various things in his life and its a great show.They are so funny on this show.Look for it on Nick-at-Nite.

Simpsons-The Simpsons is a great show.Homer is hilarious.And if you don't know what its about find out check it out on FOX.

Honerable Mentions:King of the Hill,The Andy Griffith Show,Sanford & Son,The Cosby Show,Full House

Dishonerable Mention:South Park,Family Guy

Miami Vice- Best cop show ever i mean Crockeet and Tubbs awesome. The storylines were sick and so was the action and crime fighting.

Cosby Show- Before their was a Fresh Prince, their was the Cosby Show. This was a good, funny, family, sitcom. Bill Cosby and the cast brought new laughs and excitement and fun to every show.

The Wire- A good cop/gangsta show that will proably never happen to another show ever. The characters were hot and the story not only talked about crime it also talked about other stuff going on in the city, like schools systems, and newspapers, and also politics.

Get Smart- Come on if you have not seen the show shame on you it was awesome and funny and hey guess what they making an movie out of it coming out soon!

Incrediable Hulk- Come on do i really have to explain the show was awesome!

Oh man. If there is one thing I love it is television. My top 5 are as follows.

5. Boy Meets World - I grew up with this show. Everything that ever happened in this show happened in my life....I'm not joking. Ok maybe I am but still this show hit close to home when I was watching it. It may not have been as good as The Wonder Years but I prefer it more.

4. The Simpsons - I just can't quit this show. Whether it be the old classics or the new ones that aren't as good. I find nothing wrong with this show. I mean this show can do no wrong in my eyes. It has to be my favorite cartoon of all time. As a matter of fact it is my favorite cartoon of all time.

3. Scrubs - My god. There might not be a funnier show out there. I mean honestly this show is so over the top. Its a riot. They cast the show appropriatley. Zach Braff has become a god because of this show. I've also heard this show being as close to the medical field over any other medical show.

2. Supernatural - I love this show so much I created a fan club thread for it on here. Great casting, great chemistry, great acting. The show hovers over all the genres as in comedy, horror, thriller, drama. It covers them all and it does it exceedingly well.

1. Lost - This show is my favorite show of all time. The casting was phenomenal. The acting is top notch. The storyline is the best I have ever fucking seen. I mean its off the charts good. Everytime this show goes to commercial I find myself shouting at the screen. It's a damn good show. I'm addicted to this show. I think I might need rehab.

5. Sex and the City: Need I say more? Well, I will. Four women in New York have and discuss sex and relationships.

4. The Daily Show and The Colbert Report: For those of you who watch Family Guy, even they admitted that Jon Stewart is the most important Jew. The two best (fake or real) news shows.

3. Veronica Mars: A show about a teenage private investigator. A show geared toward teenagers with drama, mystery, romance, comedy, and it was actually a smart show. I do admit, it started way stronger than it ended, but I blame UPN/CW for its lack of ratings.

2. Law and Order: SVU: Love the crime dramas! Best crime show our there. And Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni have some of the best chemistry EVER!

1. Arrested Development: "Now the story of a family who lost everything, and the one son who had no choice but to keep them all together." Basically a comedy about a rich but delusional family. It's smart and funny and David Cross is the best ambiguously gay man ever. Also prematurely cancelled. Also on UPN... pattern?

1. The Simpsons: Bar none, the greatest show of all time. It may have gotten a bit stale, but after 19 seasons you can't blame them at all. I've seen every episode at least 10-20 times and never gets old, ever. I quote the show everytime, and is the most culturally relevant show out there. You can look at a situation in society and relate it back to the Simpsons. Greatest show ever!

2. Futurama: Created by Matt Groening(The Simpsons). Hilarious show and Fry is so stupid it's side-splitting. Bender Bending Rodriguez, hilarious in his robotic ways. The professor, so funny. Every character is prime. Too bad it stopped, but I heard it's coming back. Check it out.

3. South Park: So over the edge it has to be funny. Your jaw drops at the stuff they do and say and makes you think, "can they actually say that on tv???" Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny are brillant.

4. Seinfield: Who knew a show about nothing could be so damn funny. Jerry, George, Kramer, and Elaine are a great group and makes the smallest situation into a huge ordeal. This show ain't for everyone, but hilarious none the less.

5. Family Guy: Ya it'll make my list. It's funny no doubt, but I do get tired when they run a joke too long(which happens alot), and flashbacks every 3 minutes. It is very though and the characters are hilarious. But to say it's better than the Simpsons is a travesty to God. It is no where near the level that the Simpsons are at.

There are other great shows out there, but not enough time.

Okay, I am gonna limit this to shows that are currently airing first-run episodes (at least first run in the USA), so no syndicated stuff airing well after the series has been actually cancelled.

1. WWE Monday Night RAW. Seriously, this really is my favorite TV, Mondays are absolutely must-see TV.
2. Smallville. Yes, they monkey with Superman's origins some, change details from the comics, but, its just so well done, I can't help but watch.
3. Doctor Who. "technically" the first-run episodes air in the UK a few weeks before we get them the Sci-Fi channel, but, I am counting it anyway. I have been a lifelong fan of the Doctor, being introduced to the show in the early 1980s on the local PBS station. This is bar none, the best science fiction TV show of all time.
4. The Simpsons. A few years ago, this would have been #1, easily. However, I find myself not really being too concerned if I miss a new episode.
5. Boston Legal. William Shatner in his greatest character role. Denny Crane is a more entertaining character than Captain Kirk, which says a lot about Shatner, and the writers of this fabulous show.

before i start i live in Australia so u might not heard of some of the shows.

1. Scrubs
awesome show i love but i had to buy the dvds because we're way behind they just started showing season 5

2. Gruen transfer
It a funny as show about ads and how they make them and stuff but its really funny.

3. Rove live
Australia answer to jay leno, connan o'brien and stuff like that.

4. That 70's show
Funny as all hell kelso is the best by far.

5. Tied between spicks and speeks its a show about music but its funny. or how i met your mother

1) EastEnders: London based soap opera with a great feel of realism, good feuds and when done correctly some gripping gangster storylines (i.e. the death of Paul Trueman in 2004, and the Johnny Allen set up on Andy Hunter in 2005)

2) Prison Break: Awesome prison drama with plenty of twists and turns. Always keeps the viewer on the edge of their seat.

3) The Twilight Zone: The original episodes from the late 50s to mid 60 were without a doubt the best Sci-Fi series in the history of television. Written and created by the legend that is Rod Serling.

4) The Bill: From the day this programme began up untill about early 2003, this was by far the best and most gripping cop show on TV. Unfortunately the show went downhill big time when it was transformed from stand alone episodes into a crappy soap opera, but it appears to be mending this mistake presently by returning to the stand alone episode style. Classic storylines include the Corruption of Don Beech, and the Trial of Eddie Santini.

5) Family Guy: Best cartoon and comedy on TV by far. The storylines and characters are hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back