Too Much Anderson

mykeymayhem

Dark Match Winner
Is it just me or is anderson just okay....I mean yea its tna, i get it there stars aren't great but something about him has always been lacking for me.

It just might be his non likeable persona,maybe its his michael buffer voice,maybe his in ring work isn't the greatest.

I don't really know something about him just oozes mid-carder for me.
I hate that he keeps getting chance after chance to be in the main event and i'm honestly sick of his face and sick of him saying asshole.

I think tna needs to get this guy off tv or give someone else a chance i mean since sting won the title(witch is crazy hes like what 60) its been him rvd and old kenny every week. It's just getting stale what about gunner,styles,or just about anyone on the over crowded roster.

Is it just me or is anderson just okay....I mean yea its tna, i get it there stars aren't great but something about him has always been lacking for me.

It just might be his non likeable persona,maybe its his michael buffer voice,maybe his in ring work isn't the greatest.

I hate that he keeps getting chance after chance to be in the main event and i'm honestly sick of his face and sick of him saying asshole.

I think tna needs to get this guy off tv or give someone else a chance i mean since sting won the title(witch is crazy hes like what 60) its been him rvd and old kenny every week. It's just getting stale what about gunner,styles,or just about anyone on the over crowded roster.

I've been a fan of Anderson since his time in WWE. But as time is progressing, I'm not really caring for his character as much. In fact, I would go back to the time he spent waiting for his non-compete clause with WWE to expire, I really liked his youtube work he did. And when he first arrived on the scene in the Impact Zone, I was still a big fan.

But since then he's slowly starting to wear on me. His whole "gimme my shot" schtick was REALLY boring and not a good look for his character. His ahole gimmick, at first worked, but is now tired as well.

In the end, I just think he's not a true superstar. Good? Yes. Great? No.

I like Anderson but the problem at the moment is that his gimmick has become very close to just being a whiny twat. I can see what TNA were going for with wanting to make him like Austin but Austin wasn't a whiner he just went out and kicked ass to get what he wanted. Anderson comes out and moans about how he deserves this and that.

On the other hand it looks like TNA have taken the plunge and turned him fully heel which is good. Just give him less whining and more actual wrestling and I'll be happy.

Anderson has always been pretty good in the ring to me. Its his mic work that I can't stand. He's just too animated. When ever I see Anderson cut a promo it reminds me of Jim Carey doing his best Dane Cook impersonation. I don't think TNA should take him off TV, but I do think he needs to be out of the main event picture. Maybe have him fued with EY for the TV Championship.

Anderson has always been pretty good in the ring to me. Its his mic work that I can't stand. He's just too animated. When ever I see Anderson cut a promo it reminds me of Jim Carey doing his best Dane Cook impersonation. I don't think TNA should take him off TV, but I do think he needs to be out of the main event picture. Maybe have him fued with EY for the TV Championship.

:wtf: Are you insane? Anderson Vs Eric Young for the TNA TV-title.:lmao::lmao::lmao: For satan's sake Anderson was a main-eventer in WWE beating World champions left and right before being fired because Randy Orton was a bitch.:banghead:. How could you make him fight Eric Young for the TV-Title? You are the perfect example of what Bischoff thinks about the IWC.

I like Anderson but the problem at the moment is that his gimmick has become very close to just being a whiny twat. I can see what TNA were going for with wanting to make him like Austin but Austin wasn't a whiner he just went out and kicked ass to get what he wanted. Anderson comes out and moans about how he deserves this and that.

On the other hand it looks like TNA have taken the plunge and turned him fully heel which is good. Just give him less whining and more actual wrestling and I'll be happy.

Well I'd agree that I'd like him better as a heel. But I'd like to see that persona be a really dark heel. Sort of an evil side of Anderson that brings out that darker Sting as well.

I admit I'm surprised. Anderson is a star with TNA.
while I did get tired of the "I want my rematch" I still think he is and should be main event. his impressions of the old Sting is great. he looks so much like Sting used to look.
Anderson just seems like a heel. maybe for whatever reason TNA does not want him in Immoral, but the problem is it's hard to have a main event heel who is not in Immortal.

here is the thing with Anderson, TNA had a chance to make this guy a top heel on the show, what did they do??instead they give it to jeff hardy by taking the risk knowing he still has legal issues. As for his mic skills i feel like he just rambling like he doesn't think before he speaks. Like his promos doesn't look scripted and at times i feel like they should script some of his promos that way he doesn't sound like an ass. His in ring work is avarge

I don't mind Mr. Anderson. He was a bit grating when all he said was that he wants his title shot but he's not bad now. He can talk and I love his dressing up as Sting for this current feud. On top of that, he had my favourite modern-day TNA match against Angle last year at Lockdown.

At the moment, I would say that there is the perfect amount of Anderson. However, where he is on the card is a problem. Mid-show and taking a backseat to other angles is no place for a world title feud. Recently, TNA haven't stressed the importance of the most prestigious prize in their promotion and that in turn has an affect on Anderson.

here is the thing with Anderson, TNA had a chance to make this guy a top heel on the show, what did they do??instead they give it to jeff hardy by taking the risk knowing he still has legal issues. As for his mic skills i feel like he just rambling like he doesn't think before he speaks. Like his promos doesn't look scripted and at times i feel like they should script some of his promos that way he doesn't sound like an ass. His in ring work is avarge

I have to agree with you on his mic work. At times he seems like he's lost in what so say or how to react. It has me thinking that maybe he wasn't as polished as he claimed to be when he was with WWE and all of that went down with he and Orton. As we've moved forward from that time, look what we have. Ken Anderson who doesn't seem to be as polished on the mic, was a tweener for a couple of months as he and TNA struggled to figure out what to do with him, and while I like the Sting/Sting storyline, even this weeks episode looked really botched to me. I'm just not as impressed with him as I once was.

:wtf: Are you insane? Anderson Vs Eric Young for the TNA TV-title.:lmao::lmao::lmao: For satan's sake Anderson was a main-eventer in WWE beating World champions left and right before being fired because Randy Orton was a bitch.:banghead:. How could you make him fight Eric Young for the TV-Title? You are the perfect example of what Bischoff thinks about the IWC.

With all due respect to you we can't blame this on the IWC or use it as a reason to state that EB was right about the IWC. In fact, I would ask you who booked the EY v. Anderson match on this past week's Impact? EB and/or HH right? Or at least they wrote the ending to it and had a hand in the booking itself.

No, the issues TNA is having are all on EB and HH who were brought in to make a positive difference.

I like Anderson, his promos are all him. I would rather have animated and imaginative than scripted and dull. Anderson is an animated character, an animated person, maybe a little bit of a hyperactive disorder, but it's entertaining. "Terrence", "Jeffro", "Matthew", and how he pisses people off, gets reactions, that is what he is about and I love it. Who would ever think of calling Hulk Hogan "Terrence" in the middle of a promo? I though Hogan's brain would hemorage.

I love Anderson just how he is, attack faces, attack heels, but always piss someone off.

Hi,
Ok whenever I place a post keep in mind I am a guy who doesnt keep track of stats a good match to me is one where the crowd is in to it the kind that has me shouting the final three count. I have been a big fan since you could stick your thumb through your rubber wrestling figures back the 80's, I remember watching all the payperviews scrambled barely being able to make out what was going on since we couldnt afford the ppv with the volume coming from a different TV lol. I always cheered the faces and booed the heels and then there were those that neither had me cheering or booing they were just there I couldnt connect to them through hatred or love, Ken Anderson (Mr. Kennedy) was one of those just a big dud that somehow the IWC gives him credit dont know why even when we saw him live they had him lose to Val Venus and this was when they were giving him a push.

With all due respect to you we can't blame this on the IWC or use it as a reason to state that EB was right about the IWC. In fact, I would ask you who booked the EY v. Anderson match on this past week's Impact? EB and/or HH right? Or at least they wrote the ending to it and had a hand in the booking itself.

No, the issues TNA is having are all on EB and HH who were brought in to make a positive difference.

Humm did the match last-week between Eric Young and Mr. Anderson involved the TNA TV-Title? No it involved mocking a match that Sting had with Great Muta. The guy i quoted said he would rather have Mr. Anderson chase Eric Young for the TNA TV-Title, instead of having Mr. Anderson chase Sting for the TNA world Heavyweight Title. Thats what i meant.

I have to agree with you on his mic work. At times he seems like he's lost in what so say or how to react. It has me thinking that maybe he wasn't as polished as he claimed to be when he was with WWE and all of that went down with he and Orton. As we've moved forward from that time, look what we have. Ken Anderson who doesn't seem to be as polished on the mic, was a tweener for a couple of months as he and TNA struggled to figure out what to do with him, and while I like the Sting/Sting storyline, even this weeks episode looked really botched to me. I'm just not as impressed with him as I once was.

I sort of thought about it before when he was in WWE, am not sure if it was in an article, but i remember he was saying something about Vince McMahon telling him not to do something, I think Anderson wanted to do something a certain way, And McMahon told him no which i can probably see if it had something to do with the promos which makes sense if that was the case. As far as the storyline goes, i mean I thought it went to a bad start, i mean what can Sting do?? Lets say if Anderson wins the title which i know everybody going to be happy about that, then I don't know what's going to happen with Jarrett Vs Angle for number 1 contender's match, if Angle was to win, i think him and Anderson would have a good storyline like they did before. Anderson can generate enough heat from the fans to be a top heel and that is what they should have done from the beginning

Humm did the match last-week between Eric Young and Mr. Anderson involved the TNA TV-Title? No it involved mocking a match that Sting had with Great Muta. The guy i quoted said he would rather have Mr. Anderson chase Eric Young for the TNA TV-Title, instead of having Mr. Anderson chase Sting for the TNA world Heavyweight Title. Thats what i meant.

I understand that my friend, but I'm just saying that the booking is in the hands of EB and co. and not, or at least should not be, influenced by the fans or more specifically the IWC.

But the mere fact that we're talking about these sorts of things means that someone is paying attention to the IWC.

I sort of thought about it before when he was in WWE, am not sure if it was in an article, but i remember he was saying something about Vince McMahon telling him not to do something, I think Anderson wanted to do something a certain way, And McMahon told him no which i can probably see if it had something to do with the promos which makes sense if that was the case. As far as the storyline goes, i mean I thought it went to a bad start, i mean what can Sting do?? Lets say if Anderson wins the title which i know everybody going to be happy about that, then I don't know what's going to happen with Jarrett Vs Angle for number 1 contender's match, if Angle was to win, i think him and Anderson would have a good storyline like they did before. Anderson can generate enough heat from the fans to be a top heel and that is what they should have done from the beginning

I have to wonder if we're about to see Sting take some more time off again which seems to be his schedule of late. He comes back, makes a hard run thru things, then takes time off seemingly right in the middle of everything happening. If he does, I wonder how they account for the storyline of his trying to rid TNA of Hogan and Bischoff?

On the Anderson thing, I just don't understand why he didn't, or wasn't able to, work things out with the WWE. If it's that he really can't help but upset people backstage, then I understand why he's no longer there. However, I think with TNA he's going to be given the chance to run with the ball. Now I will consider the fact that losing Hardy probably threw them for a loop from an angle perspective and caused EB and co. to start over, so I can see giving them a pass there. But right now, clearly he's the man they have tabbed to run with it as I don't see Sting staying champion for an extended period of time. (i.e. more than a year)

I understand that my friend, but I'm just saying that the booking is in the hands of EB and co. and not, or at least should not be, influenced by the fans or more specifically the IWC.

But the mere fact that we're talking about these sorts of things means that someone is paying attention to the IWC.

True my friend very true. Anyways i always liked Mr. Anderson, he reminds me of a friend i had in college he even has the same face. ;)

True my friend very true. Anyways i always liked Mr. Anderson, he reminds me of a friend i had in college he even has the same face. ;)

Hey listen. I like Anderson as well. I have since his WWE days. I just think that somewhere along the way, the writing of his character got a little garbled, if that makes sense. I like this current angle, but I don't want to see it go beyond Slammiversary as I think this has the potential to drag on too long. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing them take a break from it next week and for Anderson to play himself. (I know this won't happen but it would be nice.)

I think the most difficult part of this is that Anderson seems to be more of a tweener guy that's difficult to write for. He's a good smartalecky face, but when he's a heel, he's more of an anti-hero, anti-establishment heel. What I wonder about is when he gets the reactions he does in The Impact Zone, or at house shows, how much is that influencing their seeming reluctance to turn him dark heel? I know that when he was a heel in WWE it seemed to work a little better and if I remember he got more heat from crowds there than he seems to get in The Impact Zone.

Anderson is one of the best potential Top Heels TNA Has... What they need to do is let his character be fully heel, with the Heavyweight title! and have the faces chase him.. Stay away from the whining, if I wanted whining I'd tell a 7 year old no to something... but make him a bad ass.. Time for Sting to hang up the boots... it's time for the younger boys to get to the show.. like Rhode.. Styles...Morgan.... Joe... The Pope(if he's still around)... They could have great matches with Anderson.... RVD is not a good fit either... They need Jeff to get clean and come back as the TOP FACE...Not Heel!!!!! That would bring to Anderson's character what it's missing!

I do like Anderson, although yes, he has become repetitive and stale. Why? I think there are two main reasons this didn't work. For starters, I sincerely believe that very little of what he says is scripted i.e. "Here's the gist of it, have fun!". And Anderson might just not be the comic genius he was let out to be. Let them prepare with his creative input, say 75% of it THEN the rest he can improvise and let go. Secondly, while McMahon to Austin wasn't afraid to play the bitch to the star, you have two of the very most arrogant assholes in the business that act like they are business gods i.e. "I don't like this and I don't like that and you are useless and you are too small!" You know, the usual crap. So it's pretty hard for Anderson to play the hardass when those two won't play ball. And he's left with whining. As usual, it's all a question of leadership and creativity in TNA and good opportunities are passed over for WCW rehash and garbage. A shame, really.

Anderson is one of the best potential Top Heels TNA Has... What they need to do is let his character be fully heel, with the Heavyweight title! and have the faces chase him.. Stay away from the whining, if I wanted whining I'd tell a 7 year old no to something... but make him a bad ass.. Time for Sting to hang up the boots... it's time for the younger boys to get to the show.. like Rhode.. Styles...Morgan.... Joe... The Pope(if he's still around)... They could have great matches with Anderson.... RVD is not a good fit either... They need Jeff to get clean and come back as the TOP FACE...Not Heel!!!!! That would bring to Anderson's character what it's missing!

That would make a lot of sense for Anderson. He can generate a lot of heat for his character. I hope he wins because you don't hear anybody talking about sting as a champion, he became boring the day he won it from jeff Hardy. let him hold the gold and feud with the younger guys. As for RVD goes, he needs to step away from the title pic for now. Matt Morgan we see how that goes because remember that match with Hernandez, it wasn't good. got to wait and see how his match goes with Scott Steiner. you are right though he has the potential to be a top Heel in TNA but what they do give it to jeff hardy instead and look where it got him..

Anderson might not look like it.. but he's a tough and blue collar son of a bitch.

He is one of the better wrestlers in Impact Wrestling.. he actually works a damn good match. He is great on the microphone.

This was WWE's loss letting him go.

Everything Anderson does is great... that is what I want from pro wrestling... BALLS TO THE WALL...

Mr Anderson, is more of an entertainer than a great wrestler, his always entertaining, yet he can hold himself in the ring. When looking at the big picture he probably is the face (arguably) of the wrong company, he is an entertainer he should be the face of WWE (in hindsight). I would rather watch TNA and see too much Anderson rather than watch WWE and see too much SuperCena.
Although as a casual TNA supporter, seeing Anderson as the main attraction aint half bad, but maybe because I dont watch week in Week out, I dont think it is as bad as most make it out to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back