• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA's New Pet Project

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
bobby_roode_full_body.jpg_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.jpg

Yup. Again. It would seem that since Bobby Roode's return from "suspension", TNA has set him up as the new "poster boy". And as a face. Again!

Now last time did not go so well. But if his feud with Kurt Angle late last year showed, the man is intense on the mic and damn good too. Personally, I felt he should've been TNA Champion instead of Magnus during the start of this year. But hey, if I were booker, the TV title would be worth something and Devon would be nowhere near our screens.

Bobby Roode does have the look and abilities to be a top star. But the thing is this is TNA. And TNA has a worse track record at keeping babyfaces relevant than WCW ever did. Raven, Jeff Hardy, Austin Aries, James Storm, Samoa Joe, Eric Young, AJ Styles (3 times!) and Bobby Roode himself are just a few of the names TNA has pushed as top faces only to fall into the background due to something else. Most of the time a faction war. So I honestly won't hold my hopes up. But the man is reportedly among TNA's top paid so they really should put that expense to the best of it's use. But again, if I managed TNA, EGO would've runned wild and EC3 would be TV Champ.

Yes, I get it, TNA bookers are stupid and do everything wrong :rolleyes: but Roode is very over right now so it makes sense for him to be positioned as a top babyface. He's far from a pet project, he's a former long term world champ who's been in a solid position in TNA for a few years now.

Even when his feud with Angle was coming to an end I thought Roode should have went on to win the World Title instead of Magnus.

I think he's been hard done by considering he's been World Champ just the once.

Roode is a guy that makes that TNA belt look right. He has the look of a champion and the skills to back it up. He seemingly never botches a move. I'm not sure if there's anything negative to say about him really, except that time may start to catch up to him soon.

I've always been a fan of Roode since his Team Canada days with Eric Young..He's pulled off just about everything and made it convincing, except being a face…It just comes off as too forced, like with Del Rio being a face how it seemed like he was forcing it instead of actually enjoying it..

To me, Roode should be a top heel, not a top face…Hell, his name "Roode" should be enough of an indicator of that alone, not to mention when he's a heel how much heat from the fans he's gotten for his actions and how he comes off much more naturally, in his promos, psychology in the ring, etc..If anything, I see Roode turning heel again whenever he wins the TNA World Title..

Roode has put in the years in TNA, hardly a pet project. What you are seeing is called a push where they get behind and promote someone. Why shouldn't it be Roode? They pushed EY when no one cared, at least Roode gets a reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back