• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is TNA's Best Potential Heel?

Boring

Occasional Pre-Show
I'm not satisfied with TNA's heels. Over the past year I'd say EC3, MVP, and Bobby Lashley have been the biggest heels and I haven't found them "satisfactory."

TNA isn't PG, yet the only reason we've gotten not to like EC3 was that he was Dixie's nephew and he's obnoxious.

MVP is average at best and Lashley just wins clean until he loses.

Kurt Angle can no longer be the top heel and Jeff Hardy isn't suited for the role, so are the current top heels the best or are their better choices?

It's weird to see Magnus in the role he is atm while EC3 thrives, when Magnus use to be what EC3 is to spud not to long ago.

A possible top heel or face, in my opinion is Bram. I hate the current gimmick he has and think he can make due with a lot better then he's being given atm.

Other then those names, I'd say Roode, Aries, and Mr Anderson are the potentially best heels the company has. Roode can't turn atm and he's not a mastermind heel anyway. Aries future in the company seems to be up in the air, but he doesn't seem to fit the mold either because he was never really a sadistic heel to begin with.

I don't know if he has it in him, but I think Mr. Anderson is the best suited to take claim as the top heel in the company. If you remember him in WWE, you know the heat he got and know he can hold down a feud against the likes of the Undertaker as a heel. That was nearly a decade ago and you'd have to think he must of learned more along the way.

When he wasn't a face in TNA, Anderson used many heel tactics in matches and against his opponents we no longer see in wrestling, but TNA always seemed to screw it up one way or another.

If I had my pick, I'd tell TNA to push Anderson as a top heel and I'd be interested to see where that went? While the wrestling has been good as of late, I feel like no one has been saying anything, so what's the story? As a top heel, I believe Anderson will give plenty of story telling in and out of the ring.

Comment?

Haven't been watching the show lately, I take it. Because the last show featured ECIII completely brutalizing and humiliating Rockstar Spud. His gimmick gone long past just being Dixie's kayfabe nephew and he's become a legitimate threat to anyone he faces. He's beaten up Sting, Bully Ray, Eric Young and will no doubt start rubbing shoulders with other top stars in TNA like Roode, Aries and Hardy in 2015.

He's even advertised for the live Jan 7th show despite his surgery. So TNA will most likely have him as an on-screen figure. Probably managing Tyrus.

Been watching, but not as intent as I'd like.

I'd like the to think some booking "genius" would show up here and talk about how bad/rushed/sloppy EC3 defeating who he did and how he did was, but I don't have that.

All I know is that to someone whose seen Bobby The Brian Heenan, Ted Dibiase, Mr. Perfect, Jerry Lawler, Ric Flair, Rick Rude, Randy Savage etc etc, I am more comfortable with a guy like Mr Anderson then EC3 whose on par with the BroMans.

I would have to say Ethan Carter III is definitely the guy in TNA with the most potential to be a top heel in the company. He's got the total package in my book.

He's got a fantastic look, can generate a ton of heat on the mic and can back in up in the ring. I'd be looking at having EC III become the TNA World Champion before 2015 is over, solidifying him as one of the integral figures in the company moving forward.

Even though he's currently sidelined with injury, I don't think TNA should keep him off TV, he needs to be on-screen managing Tyrus and cutting promos until he is healthy again, building more hatred from the fans in anticipation of his return.

I think EC3, MVP and Lashley are reasonable as heels, I'm not overly excited to see them but can't say I'm overly excited at the main event heels in the WWE right now either, I think the problem is if not them who would be the main heels? I think someone like Roode is better suited to a tag team role and think Aries is good but he didn't seem that believable as a heel world champion, I do think Magnus is now being underused a little.

Haven't been watching the show lately, I take it. Because the last show featured ECIII completely brutalizing and humiliating Rockstar Spud. His gimmick gone long past just being Dixie's kayfabe nephew and he's become a legitimate threat to anyone he faces. He's beaten up Sting, Bully Ray, Eric Young and will no doubt start rubbing shoulders with other top stars in TNA like Roode, Aries and Hardy in 2015.

He's even advertised for the live Jan 7th show despite his surgery. So TNA will most likely have him as an on-screen figure. Probably managing Tyrus.

Bingo. It's Carter by miles IMO, with guys like Bram and a few others following suit, with work to do yet. At least in terms of the young guys.

But as it stands today, ECIII is the premiere heel if we're talking about all the things that make heels successful. The question I'd ask is, who in that company draws more natural heat than Carter, other than his kayfabe Aunt, Dixie?

What about Matt Hardy? He can be the top heel if the TNA wants to. He can draw a huge whole lot of heat. He good decent mic skills and well be obviously is good in the ring and can work both as face and heel. He doesn't need to betray his brother to turn heel tbh he just got that in him!!

No, he can't. Fans want to cheer him too much, just like his brother. Both Hardy's make for miserable heels. Every time they're forced to play one it's painful. Matt is the better heel of the two, but neither is actually a good heel.

What about James Storm? I know he's a natural "babyface" but his heel run has been really great. His Redneck Revolution is a good stable and can elevate everyone in it. Storm has the charisma, talent and the look to be a huge top heel.

I do agree with EC3 and if they book Tyrus correctly he'd be the huge monster heel they need as well.

I think TNA is doing pretty good in terms of heels. You have:
EC3/Tyrus
James Storm
Bram/Magnus
Samuel Shaw
Lashley/MVP
Thats a pretty good list of heels with EC3 out shinning all of them at the moment. Ec3 has done an exceptional job rising up the ranks in Impact, and has the most potential out of everyone. The guy is everything Impact needs right now, in a top heel. He may be out with an injury, but that's even better, TNA could use him to help get Tyrus over and soon replace Abyss.
If I had to choose someone other then EC3, I would choose Samoa Joe. Joe's just not that interesting as a face anymore, bring back the vicious side of Joe and we have great foil for Gunner (who would be a great top face with Roode). Most people didnt like The Nation of Violence gimmick, but I thought it was perfect for Joe. I would tone it down a bit, and not bring the machette back or have him hang people backstage anymore.

It's EC3 for sure. Matt Hardy is an interesting choice, but he gets quite a bit of heat when he's in the indies. Hell he received the majority of heat during his run in ROH. In TNA though, no one comes close to EC3. He does all the things that make you wanna hate him. But he needs to start challenging guys like Roode and Aires and elevates to the top tier of the roster.

Erm... James Storm! The guy's got it all, from promos that are legitimately chilling to being excellent in the ring and (IMHO) he has the best intro music in the business at the moment (although Grado's runs it close :lmao:).

[YOUTUBE]wQci8JFK6eg[/YOUTUBE]​

Potentially - ECIII. Simply because Storm & Lashley are or at least should be TNA's current top 2 heels, they've been around for a while and are veterans in the ring. ECIII has had plenty of time on the mic, he's got wins over some of the biggest names to have wrestled for TNA, so it makes sense for it to be him, I hope TNA still has him on programming while he's rehabbing from injury.

Top 3 heels, Storm, Lashley, ECIII.

In my opinion it's EC3 but there's plenty of guys that could easily take over that spot (James Storm, Lashley, Bram, etc). Yet I would go as far as saying that none of those guys can draw the same kind of heat Carter has of late.

Part of it obviously has to do with his early association with Dixie Carter but I feel like they have done a great job of building him up since then. They've shown he's great on the mic, they've given him wins over some pretty big names that said, he can more than handle himself in the ring. Like others have said, I feel like TNA has to keep him around, even if he is injured. A guy with his skillset could be a great mouthpiece for a monster like Tyrus who'll more than likely need it, or at least benefit from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back