TNA wrestlers who need a new finisher

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kenfuu

I was wondering this myself who could use a new finisher and 2 people come to mind.....Christian Cage and AJ Styles. I think that with Cage the Unprettier takes to long to set up and when he does the Frog Splash people usually kick out of it anyways. Now with AJ he has three possible finishers, the Styles Clash, Frog Splash and the Spiral Tap. Now out of those the one the should cange is the Clash, because in all honesty it kinda sucks. That spring board 450 was pretty swet the other week against LAX and i was thinking he could use that but in my opinion he needs to change the styles Clash to somethnig else i just can't think of what.

So those are the 2 people I feel need new finishers if you have anymore feel free to mention and also if you know what else they could use instead of what they have feel free because I couldn't come up with much.

well this is hard cuz i feel pretty much every1 in TNA has a cool finisher...

though i agree on AJ... his finisher isnt bad, but now that hes a main eventer he should use one thats easier to hit on big guys, maybe the 450 splash, or take a page out of kidmans book and use the shooting star press?

robert roode also needs a new one, big time.. i mean his finisher doesnt even seem like a finisher, its a great move and he executes it really well but its like sheltons finiser, its just a normal move really...

kaz... i just dont think that kick of his is working, when he hits it right (like when he hit lance storm) its sick, but usually he botches it honestly.. get a easier finisher

as for christian i disagree, i think his finisher is sick, ive always liked it, ya it takes some time to set it up but many cool finishers do, like the pedigree or gringo killer (i know thats not the actual name but its cooler lol)

annnd i think thats it.. i cant remember any1 else atm...

I think Kaz needs to use the Flux Capacitor move from the top rope more, its an awesome move and i laugh every time Don West says "He hit the Flux Capacitor!!!!!" it just sounds funny to me. And i forgot about Rood, the Payoff aka the Perfectplex(or as i call it the moneyplex) he just doesn't do it with enough force i think for him the jackahmmer with a different name could work with his character.

I think christopher daniels needs a new finisher a moonsault isnt that great and the neckbreaker he uses has been overused Carlito, Reno (roll of the dice) Test (testdrive) and he never uses the angels wings anymore i think he needs Maybe like a really fast Gory Bomb would be fitting for him.

I think Daniels just has to many, he has the Last Rights, Angles Wings, Occasionally the Death Valley Driver and the BME, personally I would like for him to use the Angles Wings more instead of the other ones, or Angles Wings then go for the BME.

I am not a fan of the styles clash really....but as alot of people have suggsted he adopt a 450 or a shooting star as a finisher, i dont think that would work , he already has the spiral tap from the top so he needs another ground/impact move. Adopting somehting like the cradle piledriver or some sort of piledriver would be good, because aside from petey williams no one in TNA utilises the piledriver anymore.

As Above i would also like to see Robert Roode start using something new. The Fishermans is a bit out dated. If he Held it up first and executed it as a move somewhere between a buster and a suplex then i think it would be better.

I would like to see Jay Lethal clean up his lethal combination, its looks a mess sometimes, and just a bit sloppy.

I'm going to agree with the everyone and say that the styles clash is not the best move. AJ, and I think probably a few other guys, should get a "come out of nowhere" finisher. Christian I think is a setup guy so the unprettier works. AJ is quick and it'd be great if he had a finisher that comes out of nowhere, like the rest of his moves really.

Altough when I think of it I can only see a superkick and something "stunner-esque" as a come out of nowhere finisher. What do you think?

I dunno if it's his finisher or not but definetly senshi's top rope foot drop or w/e. He just jumps on the person with both feet. It doesn't seem very effective and just boring, maybe he could use it as a move before he does his finisher but like i said before i dunno if it his finisher or not.

jback i gotta disagree with you on that one, the warriors way is one of the most vicious and realistic moves ever and when he does it he does it so stiff that you think a guys chest has been caved in.

ya know, back in the wcw days when kevin sullivan used the double stomp, i thought it was a shitty move...but man, senshi makes it look like it hurts like a mofo. I believe senshi's finisher is fine...along with cage (minus thefrog splash because i havent seen him hit a good one yet.) Jay lethal needs to stop it with the big elbow because that looks like crap everytime he does it. As for 'noone911', i agree completely with Aj using something along the lines of a stunner. I think someone should steal Justin Credible's spinning tombstone (of course with a different name, because yelling THATS INCREDIBLE for any other wrestler is just silly.) Either that or someone should use a tigerdriver or a tiger suplex...tiger moves are badass.

I dunno if it's his finisher or not but definetly senshi's top rope foot drop or w/e. He just jumps on the person with both feet. It doesn't seem very effective and just boring, maybe he could use it as a move before he does his finisher but like i said before i dunno if it his finisher or not.

yea I agree with the others I really like Low Ki's top rope stomp move its a move that looks like it would legitimately hurt. however I do agree with you that its probably not a good finisher, a better finisher for him might be a better high flying move like a shooting star whatever, that would be a great way to bring back a great finisher

With senshi's "warrior way" stomp thing it does look pretty cool but i just dont think it is a legitimate finisher. If say senshi ever were to move up to the heavyweight division like styles did could u really see him doing that move as a finisher? probably not? even as a x-division i just think it could be used as a set move followed by a 450 splash, shooting star press, ect.

roode needs to use some sort of second rope pile driver, hes strong enough to pull it off
james storm should use a downward spiral type move
did they ever give black reign a finisher nor should he ever win a match
i think with aj the clash works if they would let him hit it even though i prefer the spinal tap
The ankle lock is weak being that unless the person is unconscious they just roll through it
booker T now that hes around should go back to the harlem hangover
MCMG can do better that dueling kicks, maybe some sort of leg drop, splash combo at the same time from either side of the ring
The unprettier looks awful and now they have everyone kicking out of it
Basically, Petey, AJ, Chris Harris, Rhino, Abyss, Sting, and Joe are the only guys who finishers dont need much work imo

I would assume Reign will use "the Curtain Call".
I've watched TNA on/off since the start, and the Styles Clash is still the "Crash Landing" that Crash Holly failed to get over, but Aj's such an innovator im sure he can figure out something better, maybe a springboard neckbreaker or flying superkick or something equally awesome!

I have to say I havent seen TNA in a while, but their finishers seem to be better than WWE's by far where most of them are lame and generic

I agree with ACTAFOOL, without a doubt Kaz needs a new finnisher. His pump kick has only worked once, and that was on Lance Hoyt a few weeks back. My suggestion for AJ would be for him to use his flipping reverse DDT off the ropes. No matter how you look at, that is an awesome move!

I was thinking maybe AJ could use the Pele as a finisher, earlier in the thread someone suggested he use and out of nowhere move, well that is out of nowhere and it could be like Shawn Michaels with the Super Kick, he used it normally but they eventually built it up to finisher status and i think that could work for the Pele.

As Above i would also like to see Robert Roode start using something new. The Fishermans is a bit out dated. If he Held it up first and executed it as a move somewhere between a buster and a suplex then i think it would be better.
I think you're definitely on the right track with this one. He should adopt Shane Douglas' old move: The Pittsburgh Plunge. It was pretty much like you described. A Fisherman Buster with a cradle at the end (and he'd use one of his own legs to help tie up theirs). Pretty cool move, and with Roode's ability to incite the crowds, he needs something with the proper punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back