• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA to lose titles and NWA name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats incorrect, while the World Heavyweight Championship is pretty much the WCW Belt (Physically) it does NOT share any of its history, it is a completely new belt created by the WWE, the actual WCW/NWA World Title History is in the WWE Championship, which was the Undisputed Championship, which was made up of the WCW Title, and the then WWF Title.

that is not entirely correct, either...when the NWA/WCW severed ties in the '90's, they both moved forward and the lineages split....WCW was the more visible obviously, but the NWA title went forward too, with guys like Dan Severn, Steve Corino, Shinya Hashimoto, Mike Rapada, and Sabu to name a few, holding the title until Severn ultimately was forced to vacate it, leading into the NWA_TNA era when Shamrock won it in the gauntlet match...so, niether of the WWE's titles has any sort of link to the NWA title

TNA started as NWATNA not because of tradition, folks. TNA started as NWATNA with the NWA Titles because it would get their name out there easier. Jerry Jarrett has had, what, 5 unsuccesful promotions? He wanted a new promotion, but he wanted to take the easy route. He wanted the NWA name to 1) Well, have the NWA name, 2) Have the "prestigious" NWA World and Tag Titles and 3) Advertise on all the NWA Territories either TV Slots, or Shows in general. TNA has wanted to drop the titles since they dropped NWA in their name because they felt they were popular enough. So, it dosen't come as a suprise to me. But the ECW '95 thing is a disgrace. Paul E. and Douglas poured their hearts and reputations into that angle and to re-do that is horrible. I will honestly boycot TNA if they do that. Then again, TNA is the only national promotion I watch so...Let's just hope they can find a smarter thing creatively to do.

easy...just have who ever NWA wants as their champion come in work for a few months to build a match with the current champion put the match on a ppv and during the match have something happen to make the TNA(joe or christian..prefer joe) wrestler lose the match and the title...the next week on impact bring him out make a speech about how they unfairly lost the title and put the loser(joe or christian) against the number 1 contender and the winner declared the TNA World Champion

This is from Wrestlezone
As previously reported on WrestleZone.com, TNA is set to drop the NWA Title and the NWA Tag Titles. The change has been delayed due to the need of ordering new belts. It is now expected that TNA will make the announcement at next month’s PPV, Sacrifice.

So it looks like Sacrifice will be where the Title is going to be changed over. So either Sting or Angle or Cage is going to be the holder of the new TNA belts. This does make a change from the idea presented on here about doing a Shane Douglas. All these guys have the Respect for the Wrestling industry so it is unlikely that they will do a re-hash of the Douglas incident.

I can tell you right now what will happen. TNA will drop the NWA title and have the new tna title at Sacrifice. Who better to become Champion than Kurt Angle? He has never had the NWA title and would be a great way to say good bye with TNA. It would also be good to see him as the first TNA champ.
I am about 65% sure on this.
35% of me goes to Sting. Since he is retiring this year what better way than to have him be a NWA champ in 2007 and a TNA champ before he goes.!

I personally want Sting to win and have him keep it until Slamaversary where Angle will win it off him.

when is Rhino gonna get a shot??
Abyss, Joe, Rhyno, Steiner, AJ, Danials all need some kind of MID-Card title!

The mid-card title will come once TNA eventually gets two hours, they will need it then. As for Sting, he has said that he may retire from wrestling at the end of the year as it isn't definate that he is, and didn't he just sign a deal with TNA recently. I actually wouldn't mind seeing TNA keep Christian Cage on as Champion, and then the one after Slammiversary he drops the belt to Rhyno or Angle in a three-way dance.

I don't think TNA need another mid card title. The X-Division title should be what they concentrate on. It's not even a cruiserweight title it's more of a title purley for really good wrestlers, if that make's sence.

TNA needs just the three belts as it gives the belts more honor and the wrestler with the belt looks better with it. Too many belts take away teh prestige of the belts. Plus when they have matches to determine who faces the X or TNA champion it will mean more.

i just think that tna are just discracing the whole wrestling world at the mo, they are misusing rhino, they are misusing aj styles, they got a load of big names in and cant even do a 1.0 for spike, i think that tna need to seriously think about there product and maybe just maybe put something together with the x division becoming the focal point and maybe bring a title together that sets it apart from the rest not just mimic ecw

finall y it was about time tna lose nwa i hope the tna championship and tag team titles are hot they can finally start fresh i just hope jeff jarrett wont abuse his power and become an 15 time tna champ

I don't think TNA need another mid card title. The X-Division title should be what they concentrate on. It's not even a cruiserweight title it's more of a title purley for really good wrestlers, if that make's sence.
Co-sign, Jakester. This is so true it hurts. Anyone who wants proof of this little tidbit needs to look no further than either of the tag belts, the cruiserweight, intercontinental, women's, or U.S. championships being dragged from Raw to Raw and Smackdown to Smackdown each week. If there is one thing TNA has done flawlessly, it's not waste the prestige of the key titles by fabricating new useless ones. A title match is supposed to mean something other than just one or two guys wearing a useless trinket to the ring to try and create some buzz for a "title" program that just isn't there. For the longest time the X-division title had nearly the same amount of prestige and respect that the NWA World belt did. That kind of feat hasn't been done since RVD sported the ECW TV belt for just shy of two years. This is something that WWE needs to take note of. Less belts and better wrestling around the belts you do already have.

They'll have to redesign the X Division title as well, seeing as it has "NWA" printed in massive letters across the top of it. That's probably been pointed out before but I did it anyway, just in case.

As for prestige, taking away the NWA name won't make the belts any less prestigious- they'll still be the same belts in essence. Saying they would become less prestigious is like saying WWE Titles would have any worth whatsoever if you slapped the NWA name on them. Still, (and this may not be the topic in which to discuss this) I think the X Division has been chronically underused, especially recently. If it were up to me, I'd put the X Title on par with the Heavyweight Title. Putting it above would be crazy, you just couldn't do that (yet) but it deserves a bigger place and shouldn't be considered TNA's mid-card belt. Belts that have easily-defined positions belong in the WWE.

www.WrestleZone.com said:
TNA Receives New World Titles, Big Tournament, More
05/11/2007 by Ryan Clark

TNA has received their new "TNA" World Title and Tag Title belts. They have also ordered a new X-Division title, so it appears as if the change from "NWA" titles to "TNA" titles could happen at anytime, even at Sunday's Sacrifice show. The other big positive of the move is that TNA can license replicas of their titles. This is something that WWE makes a lot of money on.

So it looks like it's all going down this Sunday I believe. Anyone else sensing a Kurt Angle victory and him pulling his own version of an ECW Shane Douglas? Considering he's always talked alot about how much better TNA is then anything else and how he loves that crowd more then any other, it would definately fit pretty well there. I for one am definately getting the Sacrifice PPV just to see Tiger Mask.

Hopefully this all does go down this Sunday at Sacrifice as i feel that this could be the big move that makes some impact pun unintened for TNA in the wrestling world. Kurt winning it for me be a way to for him let lose on Vince for letting gone and also a way for Kurt to proclaim the new era of wrestling that being TNA.

Also that means that team 3D could lose the belts to the only team in TNA that is awesome watch all thetime that being Homicide and Hernandez of LAX.

Im just going to say this if they do do the change over at sacrifice, then they won't really have a true TNA star as the World Champion, Christian Cage and Kurt Angle people know from WWE, whereas sting is known from WCW. It would have been better having Joe win it, or Hell even JJ, because it is setting a statement of who the first winner of it was. This is just just something I noticed.

I think that the best way to change the titles over without making the new TNA champ look bad or by disrespecting the NWA title would be to have someone lets say Bryan Danielson interfere in the Sting vs Angle vs Cage match at Sacrifice. Then on Impact have him come to the ring n say he did it because any one should be able to get a shot at the title because its not exclusive to TNA, and a lot of other wrestlers feel the same.

Over the next few Impacts get the some of the best Indy/Foreign wrestlers :Chris Hero, Claudio Consiglieri(spelling), Kenta Kobashi, Doug Williams. I'm not sure how many of these would go or be allowed to be on TNA but after they've interfered in matches have a Battle Royal/Gauntlet or some other Multi-Wrestler match at the PPV but have someone on the TNA side turn someone who worked in the Indys for a long time. They could turn Joe but more probly AJ, Daniels, Senshi or Homicide. Danielson wins the tittle.

Then the next week on Impact Cornete says how Danielson Has disapeared with the belt, However he says he can keep it because hes got a new Belt Cue Christian Demanding it and the start of a Tournament.

I think that the best way to change the titles over without making the new TNA champ look bad or by disrespecting the NWA title would be to have someone lets say Bryan Danielson interfere in the Sting vs Angle vs Cage match at Sacrifice. Then on Impact have him come to the ring n say he did it because any one should be able to get a shot at the title because its not exclusive to TNA, and a lot of other wrestlers feel the same.

Over the next few Impacts get the some of the best Indy/Foreign wrestlers :Chris Hero, Claudio Consiglieri(spelling), Kenta Kobashi, Doug Williams. I'm not sure how many of these would go or be allowed to be on TNA but after they've interfered in matches have a Battle Royal/Gauntlet or some other Multi-Wrestler match at the PPV but have someone on the TNA side turn someone who worked in the Indys for a long time. They could turn Joe but more probly AJ, Daniels, Senshi or Homicide. Danielson wins the tittle.

Then the next week on Impact Cornete says how Danielson Has disapeared with the belt, However he says he can keep it because hes got a new Belt Cue Christian Demanding it and the start of a Tournament.

That would have been good.

Sad thing is, i can see them doing it at sacrifice with an Angle win, although in my opinion christian should drop the title to Joe in the king of the mountain match at Slammiversary. Joe/Aj/Daniels should be the first TNA champ without them 3 TNA would not be where it is now.

I'm glad TNA is finally moving away from NWA. This could really give them a chance to be bigger like they're suppose to be.

I think it is a good thing now that TNA can legally use the belt on tour and in manufacturing purposes with out telling the NWA management on what to do.

My Idea for losing the NWA belt on National TV is a guy from the Independent Scene like Kenta, Brian Danielson will challenge the winner of the PPV and then Samoa Joe will interfere and Danielson will pin Christian Cage to win the NWA Championship.

Nexts week their will be a 30 man Battle Royal and Kurt Angle will win the TNA Champinship.

Well, there are three triple threat matches for the NWA Heavyweight Championship, NWA Tag Team Championship and X division Championship. I see all three of these Triple Threat matches ending in no contest and next week on Impact, Jim Cornette announces that all the titles are going to be stripped and instead of the NWA Heavyweight championships on the line the TNA Championships are on the line or something like that.

Which ever way they do it doesn't matter. As long as it gets down its good for TNA because now they can sell replica's and TNA won't sell them as expensive as WWE so I'll be sure to get my hand's on all three. This can be a good marketable item for TNA. Also they can build on there own titles prestigue by doing longer reigns and such.

It looks like now they have Changed over to the TNA titles, not onscreen as far as I know, but NWA had "stripped" Christian Cage and Team 3-D of the NWA titles before Sacrifice, so expect to see the new belts on show at the iMPACT! tapings this week. So this means that the tournament for the new NWA heavyweight champion will be going ahead in the next few weeks. So this would be great to go and see.

NWA had "stripped" Christian Cage and Team 3-D of the NWA titles before Sacrifice

So does this mean that Angle is not the Champ? I hope so. Look for some kind of qualifiers for the KOTM match at June's PPV over the next few weeks with the winner of the KOTM match being the "NEW TNA CHAMPION"!!!

Abyss will return, and become champion. Or at least that is what I would like to see happen. Unfortunately, TNA want Angle to be champion, so he will be, one way or another. I think angle was a good move for the company, but I still don't like his ' I'm Mr. TNA' attitude.

If anyone's interested, they have a Video up on the TNA website where JB introduces the new TNA title. It's pretty sweet, it reminds me of a mix of the WWE title of three years ago mixed with the Smoking Skull belt.

Wow, I do like the new belt. It harkens back to a combination of the 2003 WWE Title that Angle and Lesnar fought over mixed with a little bit of my personal favorite, the winged eagle design. I wonder who designed the belt. Reg Park, maybe? He's made some of the coolest belts ever produced in the business, I think. I'd say it's a good move for TNA, though. They need to establish their own brand name and not depend on the NWA's anymore. This was a damn easy way to accomplish that. Now I'm curious to see what the other titles look like.

I have read that the X-Division title no longer has the tacky red X on it, which i am pleased about and the Tag titles apparently looked like the current Raw tag titles. which is not a bad thing at all.

I agree with Kasey the winged eagle design is the best design for a title belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back