• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Sacrifice - World Title Match: RVD v. AJ Styles

who????

• RVD

• AJ

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gd

Plump, Juicy User
RVD shocked AJ a few Mondays ago. We then went to the fan voting, which led to a Desmond title shot, but then AJ came out to use his rematch clause, making the whole fan voting rather pointless in the first place, right?

This actually should lead to something pretty good. AJ/RVD actually makes sense. By the time the PPV rolls around, they'll have had awhile to build it. They'll definetly be given a big chunk of time, and are likely to shine while doing so. It'll be flips galore.

RVD has to win here, it's the only logical thing. TNA is usually not one to pull the plug too quickly on title reigns, and to do so to RVD at this point would be just silly. Please don't be silly, TNA.

I'm really looking forward to this match. RVD winning the title from AJ was an awesome moment. There's still a part of me that would've liked to see this two go at it at BFG, but I don't have a problem with TNA going with RVD VS Styles early. I really hope RVD retains here because it would suck if TNA decided to take the belt off of him so quickly. This should be an awesome match, and I hope this feud will continue because I would love to see more matches from AJ and RVD.

I see a Desmond Wolfe interference over AJ getting the match instead of him and causing RVD to walk out champ. Not a face turn, just him being pissed at AJ stepping over him for the rematch.

And to comment on the lots of flips, let's don't forget kicks. RVD has many....MANY kicks. LET'S SEE A VAN TERMINATOR!!!

RVD shocked AJ a few Mondays ago. We then went to the fan voting, which led to a Desmond title shot, but then AJ came out to use his rematch clause, making the whole fan voting rather pointless in the first place, right?

This actually should lead to something pretty good. AJ/RVD actually makes sense. By the time the PPV rolls around, they'll have had awhile to build it. They'll definetly be given a big chunk of time, and are likely to shine while doing so. It'll be flips galore.

RVD has to win here, it's the only logical thing. TNA is usually not one to pull the plug too quickly on title reigns, and to do so to RVD at this point would be just silly. Please don't be silly, TNA.

You're mentioning logic as well as asking TNA not to be silly all in the same breath.

Sorry, but that wont happen. Atleast I'm pretty sure it wont happen.

When it comes to AJ Styles and Samoa Slow, Dixie has this thing about pushing them over and over again, fail after fail.

Nothing too much against AJ, he's got some decent ring skill but zero skill at charisma and mic ability. At times I feel sorry for the guy having all the pressure from all the hype Dixie lays upon him. But on a national televised wrestling show, the general viewing audience has not accepted him, or Joe for that matter, and look how long Dixie and Russo have been pushing those two guys. 5 years? 6? Enough is enough.

Samoa Joe? Come on, let's be real. The general viewing audience doesnt care about Joe. Even when he came back to the Impact Zone recently his pop was mediocre at best... yes, at best and that's stretching it.

The logical thing to do would be to build heat between Desmond an RVD, but like I said, logic and TNA rarely go hand in hand.

Personally, I'd like to see Mr. Anderson get the title and/or be the main event. The guy's ready to explode and be a big star, and WWE totaly missed the boat on that. Let's hope TNA doesnt do the same thing.

I'm hoping RVD retains. Not only because I want his reign to last longer than a couple weeks, but because I don't want to have to deal with another boring AJ Styles reign. It was alright up to the point that AJ joined Ric Flair and turned heel. From then on he went from a guy that brought to the fight to a guy that moves around like Ric Flair, and not even young Ric Flair. Me on the other hand, I have yet to see a legitimate title defense come out of RVD since the match with Wolfe was basically a squash. RVD has been putting out five star matches since coming to TNA and if he can pull off the win here, I say the great momentum for RVD is gonna stay for quite a while and this could make for a great title reign.

This should be a really exciting match for anyone to watch, hopefully Aj will perform at least some high-flying moves as rvd will no doubt fly, just to make this match even more exciting, hopefully no one will interfere in this match as it would ruin it, but someone probably will , Ric Flair perharps, but this one could be a match of the year nominee if TNA plays their cards right

this should conclude their feud, hopefully rvd will retain and we will see wolfe start a lengthly feud with rvd...lets hope, ormaybe angle will return sooon...i cant wait for wolfe to become world champion..

as for this match, i expect it to be a good match, lets hope no one steals the show..and please..tna, dont bring out flair or hogan in this match..

well i hope aj wins couze i really dont like this rvd push it was to early for him to give the title and rvd is still undefeated , also if aj wins this hell stable with aj as the champ and as the leader looks better then now , im talking about beer money wolf aj

TNA is usually not one to pull the plug too quickly on title reigns
Sting in '06 and '07 says otherwise, sweetness.

I'm definitely looking forward to this match. On pay per view, they'll hopefully be given time to work a lengthy, commercial free bout that lives up to the hype that surrounds both men and has surrounded this dream match for years. On iMPACT, I can give them a pass on cutting this short. However, I won't be as forgiving this time. This where TNA has to prove, once again, that they care about what their core audience wants. Time to regain the goodwill from AJ's feud with Daniels and Joe, goodwill TNA has done everything in their power to wear out since January 4th.

I expect to see a quality Rob Van Dam "take one another to the limit" classic. The major hypejob TNA's site is doing (with a 20+ minute preview package for this match showing their iMPACT match, the promo the next week, and a tonne of footage of Van Dam letting people know what he's in TNA to show us) have me giddy at the prospect that this will be my cup of tea. Make me want the DVD, guys. I'm waiting for you to give me a reason to pull my wallet out.

Van Dam should retain. Don't make this a pointless reign. Let RVD be the fighting champion that we've come to love. With Anderson, Wolfe, Sting, and a possible Abyss turn looming in the future, as well as Hardy and Angle (who Van Dam called out in a TNA website exclusive), this could be a reign to remember. And Van Dam vs. Joe for the belt at some point? As a fan of both, the prospects are very exciting.

Was the reign too soon? Absolutely not. A surprise win from a major name on a live show was a great idea, and AJ had seven months and took all comers. Letting Van Dam flounder for a few months coould have hurt his momentum, so making him a surprise title winner on live television this soon was a great Hail Mary pass, regardless of whether it worked. It was the right decision. Now, it's time to commit to some long term direction surrounding Van Dam and the title.

[youtube]m9SiFsCX8Hg[/youtube]

*Edit* Also, the bit in the video about RVD sacrificing is "honor"... Don't go there, TNA. There's no reason to turn Van Dam.

RVD needs to win here.What would be the point if AJ won it back here?I've wanted to see Aj V.S RVD in a good match.Their first match was short,RVD was already in a match that night and nobody put much thought into the match since every one believed AJ would win.I think they should have made this a ladder match.With AJ's XD skills and and RVD being The whole fucking Show,a ladder could make this match a classic IMO

i think some how after hes own vitcory desmond could screw rvd and then aj win back hes title! and rvd desmon start their feud , bring back the title to aj! rvd is not a god you know tna!

I really hope RVD doesn't keep the belt for long. He's just too boring for my liking. AJ Styles, while not the greatest personality in the world, still has more than RVD ever could.

They should be pushing some of these new younger guys instead of signing perennial mid-carters who have had mediocre careers and now deciding to give them pushes over some of these other guys...

Desmond Wolfe is going to be a star...him as a heel with the title would be great. The problem TNA has (and most organizations have lately)...is finding a real face to compete in the same fashion. RVD isn't the answer.

AJ Styles perhaps could have been...and he just may go back to that once Desmond Wolfe eventually wins the title and they realize he's the heel they can ride with for a while.

Reactions: gd
i think some how after hes own vitcory desmond could screw rvd and then aj win back hes title! and rvd desmon start their feud , bring back the title to aj! rvd is not a god you know tna!
So, you want to squander the reputation that the most over face in the company has among his fans in order to prove "not a god"?

Sure. Why not? Worked well for Samoa Joe. I can't imagine wanting to ride RVD's reputation and momentum for as long as it helps him garner interest. They should make him show us he can take a job. Van Dam obviously hasn't paid his dues yet.

I really hope RVD doesn't keep the belt for long. He's just too boring for my liking. AJ Styles, while not the greatest personality in the world, still has more than RVD ever could.
Just because RVD doesn't have the over-intense fuck-wit personality that your average wrestler has, doesn't mean he has no personality. He has great in-ring charisma and connection with the audience and plays his laid-back persona to perfection. Why would you want to bench him for another run-of-the-mill guy who shouts a lot and acts crazy? Don't we have enough of that in wrestling as it is?

They should be pushing some of these new younger guys instead of signing perennial mid-carters who have had mediocre careers and now deciding to give them pushes over some of these other guys...
You mean TNA deciding to give a push to a man who defeated John Cena and was one of the most over faces WWE's had in the last decade in order to garner interest in their product is a bad move? Why is that?

Also, AJ spent most of his time from 2005 until last fall being a midcarder. So how exactly has he had a career any less mediocre than Van Dam or Hardy?

Desmond Wolfe is going to be a star...him as a heel with the title would be great. The problem TNA has (and most organizations have lately)...is finding a real face to compete in the same fashion. RVD isn't the answer.
Because he just hasn't caught on at all, right?

Oh, wait. It's because he doesn't fit your vision of a pro-wrestler, isn't it?

Maybe he should walk, talk, and act like Triple H, Ric Flair, or one of the hundreds of over-serious, ultra-over the top guys who have defined what a pro-wrestling headliner should be, right? Because anything outside of that mold is obviously too out there for the closed minded, simple fans of the business.

Fuck, someone better go tell Van Dam he isn't headliner material in the eyes of Optimist Prime so he can go hang up his boots and start writing his apology to the fans of the sport.

RVD really needs to win this match. I really don't see any reason for AJ to win the TNA world championship back. RVD is great and I'm happy that they gave RVD a chance to help out the heavyweight division, I was really shock when he became champion and a bit confuse because I told my self that he didn't deserved a title shot, but now I understand why they made him champion.

So like I said RVD wins in a clean pinfall, some one might interfere the match, probably Ric, but Hogan might also come out and kick Ric flair out of the arena.

Just because RVD doesn't have the over-intense fuck-wit personality that your average wrestler has, doesn't mean he has no personality. He has great in-ring charisma and connection with the audience and plays his laid-back persona to perfection. Why would you want to bench him for another run-of-the-mill guy who shouts a lot and acts crazy? Don't we have enough of that in wrestling as it is?

You mean TNA deciding to give a push to a man who defeated John Cena and was one of the most over faces WWE's had in the last decade in order to garner interest in their product is a bad move? Why is that?

Also, AJ spent most of his time from 2005 until last fall being a midcarder. So how exactly has he had a career any less mediocre than Van Dam or Hardy?

Because he just hasn't caught on at all, right?

Oh, wait. It's because he doesn't fit your vision of a pro-wrestler, isn't it?

Maybe he should walk, talk, and act like Triple H, Ric Flair, or one of the hundreds of over-serious, ultra-over the top guys who have defined what a pro-wrestling headliner should be, right? Because anything outside of that mold is obviously too out there for the closed minded, simple fans of the business.

Fuck, someone better go tell Van Dam he isn't headliner material in the eyes of Optimist Prime so he can go hang up his boots and start writing his apology to the fans of the sport.

I'm sorry. Sombody should tell Van Dam to continue being mediocre because "Coco the Monkey" enjoys it?

Everybody has their own opinions. You apparently enjoy watching stoners mumble through their promos needing one cheap catch phraze (rob-van-dam with the thumb motion) in order to save it each time...I personally think it's really bad and boring. I don't really care about his ability to somersault across the ring and deliver a simple "rolling thunder" move on a guy. That only goes so far for me. I need some entertainment as well. Most people like him because he's a laid back stoner. Smoking pot is "cool" to a lot of people.

Simply put. I don't like boring personalities in pro-wrestling. You apparently do. And that's fine.

That's basically what it comes down to. I respect your opinion. Some people like getting kicked in the balls too. I don't. But that's the beauty of America. You can like what you like and I can like what I like.

AJ Styles all the way in this one...although unfortunately I have a feeling they are going to be pushing RVD as champ for quite some time...I have a feeling that was one of the bad stipulations they needed to add in his contract in order to sign him. I'm guessing anyway...

the fact is that rob got the title too early he just arived to tna im sure there are guys who are working their asses off and rvd got the title just for hes name , i mean he was in the right place and the right time lets remember that that night wwe had problems couze raw stars were stuck in europe bishoff decided that they have some opportunity so do something big that night and hes choice was rob van dam winning the title , imagine if raw was normal with their superstars that night im sure aj would would not need to defend the title and rvd wont be champion

There have been some horrible posts in this thread.

I'm concerned that AJ will not come out of this match looking strong. I'm not entirely sure how he will come across as anything but weak. This all goes back to the hurried title change, which has backfired.

RVD could be a good champ but he needs to look strong and have his abilities highlighted. I'm not sure AJ is the best challenger for him at this point. I thought he needed a heel who would try and ground him to come across well. Wolfe would have been ideal. AJ will try and match him spot for spot.

I think the match will be OK but only that and RVD will win. I see no surprise here.

I'm concerned that AJ will not come out of this match looking strong. I'm not entirely sure how he will come across as anything but weak.
Smarks put too much emphasis on wins and loses.

The reality of the situation is AJ held the belt from September to April. He had a damn solid reign for this day and age. In that time, he alligned himself with Ric Flair and established himself as a significant part of Hogan's new order. He will take a competitive loss, and then he'll hover around the top of the card for a while. He won't look weak at all.

This all goes back to the hurried title change, which has backfired.
Not really. Even if it's not on the night they want, people are still watching TNA. It's not as though Van Dam winning the belt is hurting business.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

RVD could be a good champ but he needs to look strong and have his abilities highlighted.
The mentality Van Dam's always had about this and always put in the heads of those around him is that competitive, back-and-forth matches do this.

AJ is the right man for that.

I'm not sure AJ is the best challenger for him at this point. I thought he needed a heel who would try and ground him to come across well. Wolfe would have been ideal. AJ will try and match him spot for spot.
What's the problem with this? Some of what is considered Van Dam's best work consists of what he should end up doing with Styles. Both men will come out better for having had such a competitive match.

AJ had a good reign, but now it's RVD's turn to have a good long title reign. He talked about how he was going to be the best TNA Champion. Great. He can't do that though if he doesn't retain. So, RVD better be winning here. I think the match will easily be the match of the night and the perfect candidate to close the show. I'm excited and expect an awesome match out of the champ and former champ. RVD has my vote because he deserves to not get his reign cut short when it has the potential to be great.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
RVD will retain the TNA World Championship.

I hope that RVD gets the win.He needs to get the win on PPV to show that he can be a great Champion.If RVD loses this match then it will not be good for Rob as a wrestler, in the fact that he can't even defend his title on PPV against AJ styles.So to prove that he is able to hang up on the top of the TNA ladder.RVD to win this match via pinfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back