TNA Round 2, Match 5: The Motor City Machine Guns vs. The Twin Towers

MCMG vs. the Twin Towers

• MCMG

• Twin Towers

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following matchup takes place in the Six Sided Ring.

The Motor City Machine Guns are the team of Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley from 2006-2008.

The Twin Towers are the team of Akeem and the Big Bossman from 1988-1990.

The only reason MCMG goes over the towers here is because of the home-field advantage. The Towers would beat MCMG in a WWE or WCW ring, but they'd be confused in a six-sided environment. The TNA ring moves VERY fast, and the Towers are VERY slow, so I doubt they'd keep up.

Agree with the admin. This match in essence happened at WM 5 with the Towers against the Rockers and the Rockers got beat. But the ring here is the X (no pun intended) factor. Akeem was just a fat comedy character that really didn't ever win a non squash that I rememeber. Bossman was great as we know, but I think the Guns pull it out if they bring their A game.

Oh, a challenge I see. At risk of facing the ire of Sam and others on here, I'm saying it...

Big deal, it's in a six sided ring. It's not as though Bossman and Akeem are going to get lost as to which rope they bounce off. When you have two teams with very little gold between them, look at the opposition. Demolition, the Rockers and the Mega Powers make for a much more impressive resume of feuds than an old Team 3D and LAX.

The Guns have always relied on speed and, while a lot of their moves are based on kicks...it's going to take a lot to a) reach and b faze two men that when the stats are laid down stand 1.5 foot and 332 lbs to the good.

Yes 'size doesn't matter', it's wrestling... but ask yourself. Have the Guns fought anyone that big that they would know how to go about it. Twin Towers have fought the Rockers (who are only slightly heavier than the Guns) so they know what to expect. MCMGs I feel will fail to overcome the power game of the big men better than other teams in this tournament could

Looking up the Twin Towers, I'm unimpressed. Yes, they may well have beaten The Rockers but they were the blueprint - the Machine Guns are the finished product.

And quite frankly, TT aren't that big, Boss Man in particular. All it takes is a little tactical work on Akeem and a little but of leverage and he's on his back. Perhaps if, like IC25 said, it was a WWE or WCW ring, but this is a TNA ring, designed for fast movement and air attacks.

It's also worth mentioning that Akeem was also One Man Gang. He was shit both times. No athleticism. He was a fatter Dom DeLuise with a shit gimmick. Bossman can't carry that team alone, you know. I vote in favor of athleticism.

Athleticism is all well and good IC. But I'd like to point out the 'small' fact that athleticism only rarely wins in the face of overwhelming power. If you were to pit two big slow guys... say Khali and Mark Henry nowadays. And put them against the likes of Evan Bourne and Rey Mysterio, well, can you honestly say that the athleticism of two very fast, high fliers would overcome the power?

No, because in order to inflict damage, they have to come close, and some time, they're going to get caught. And then the pace slows and it's a power game. And the little guys tend not to be able to take the big men's power quite as well as the big men can absorb what the small men dish out.

As I've pointed out... show me a team of big heavy guys that the Guns have defeated. I'm not going to wait for a reply, simply because in the smarky world of TNA and ROH that the Guns inhabit, guys like Akeem and Boss Man don't exist (aside from the fact that they're dead). Why? Because (say it with me) 'You Can't Wrestle' rules the day in said federations

Akeem is still alive, to begin with.

Your comparison to Henry and Khali doesn't work for me, and this is something I never thought I'd say, but those two could wrestle circles around Akeem. He may be the worst wrestler I have ever seen, bar none. While the Guns have never beaten two big guys, they could here. Hell I could give him a fight I think.

Not a bad result. The big men may have lost but took one of the most ridiculously over teams to the point where some people (10 to be precise) realised that the Guns, despite their speed, may not have actually been able to over-power the Towers.

I'm disappointed, but I expected a Guns win so I'm not surprised

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back