TNA Match 5: Nikolai Volkoff and the Iron Sheik vs. the Motor City Machine Guns

Nikolai and Sheik vs. the MCMG

• Volkoff and Sheik

• MCMG

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
All matches take place inside of the six sided ring.

The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff are from 1985-1986.

The Motor City Machine Guns are Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin in their current run.

The Motorcity Machine guns whenever I have watched them have looked like the ultimate face team, I believe they are going through a heel phase atm, but as a face team would be much more intresting against one of the greatest heel teams of their time. The Sheik and Nickolai Volkoff are bona-fide legends, and for that I give them the nod here, as good and as talented as MCMG are they have yet to reach the dizzy heights that there talent suggests they should. I think the power of the Sheif and Volkoff will overpower the speed of the MCMG, yet the 6 sided ring will aid them to putting on a good 12 - 14 minute bout.

This would be a match I'd love to see. Power and size against speed is a formula that's been well tested by timee and it never fails to succeed. Volkoff and Sheik were good big men and the power would be hard to overcome. However I think the ring would confuse them so I have to go with the Guns here in their natural enviroment.

I voted for Volkoff and Sheik, they are the superior tag team, the MCMG are an excellent tag team, but they don't quite stand up to an all-time great tag team like Volkoff and the Iron Sheik. This may be TNA, but I am sure Volkoff and Sheik well manage themselves fairly well in the six-sided ring.

I am incredibly familar with Volkoff and Sheik, being the old school expert that I am. That said, give me a day to do some research. For funsies, mostly.

Sheik and Volkoff. Two hated guys who can pull off a classic tag teams. The Guns are good...but without flippy things and smarky fans, they got nothing against a classic team
Sam's going to love that
Sorry Sam, but your boys go down here

The Guns are good...but without flippy things and smarky fans, they got nothing against a classic team
Sam's going to love that

All matches take place inside of the six sided ring.

I... Don't get it. Edit: my point here is that they actual have a surplus of smarky fans here and, er, what do you mean by flippy things? Alex Shelley's got a very accomplished Dean Malenko-esque "ground game". He doesn't do many flips.

Right, I have consulted YouTube, Wikipedia and OWW. I've found little to impress me. Definitely a Kenta Kobashi situation rather than a Big Van Vader or Dean Malenko one.

Volkoff and Sheik are big, but they're not of a build that the Guns can't handle. Their size also comes at a price - they're slow and comparatively clumsy. The Guns would easily capitalise on that and, although you might say Volkoff and Sheik know every trick in the book, they've got a fairly limited amount of tricks. I'd venture to say that the Guns know more.

Of course, it doesn't matter what I say. The non-TNAers are old school. Therefore they win.

Or maybe not. I know that by bringing this back up I'm risking some big Volkoff/Sheik fan coming in but oh well, I just wanted to say I was pleasantly surprised that the Guns have pulled this back to make it 11 votes each. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they'll go far, just that they could top these two.

The Guns are just too good, and too fast, for those two sloths shiek and volkoff.........the 6 sided ring just gives more of an advantage to the MCMG.

The Guns take down the Foreigners with a vote of 16-13.

My Thoughts:
I'm ugh on this one. While I think the ring is an advantage for the Guns, I'm not sue if they are good enough talent wise to make up for how good the Shieik and Volkoff were as a team. I could see this actually happening as an upset, but I'm not sure if I agree with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back