• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Power Poll

Rasha

Championship Contender
I'm sort of bored, so why not make a list of TNA wrestlers based on their perceived "heat level" at this time? This power poll is based on who I feel is the most OVER in TNA right now, not where they rank in terms of championships. I left off guys like Hogan, Flair, and Foley as they're not what I'd call "regulars" in the ring. I didn't include guys like Sting, Nash, Wolfe, and Hernandez because they're AWOL at the moment. I've also excluded the Knockouts as they operate on a completely different battlefield. Feel free to post your own or simply debate over my picks.

1. Kurt Angle
  2. AJ Styles
  3. Rob Van Dam
  4. D'Angelo Dinero
  5. Mr. Anderson
  6. Jeff Hardy
  7. Beer Money
  8. Samoa Joe
  9. Motor City Machine Guns
  10. Abyss
  11. Matt Morgan
  12. Tommy Dreamer
  13. Jay Lethal
  14. Jeff Jarrett
  15. Kazarian
  16. Team 3D
  17. Eric Young
  18. Doug Williams
  19. Brian Kendrick
  20. Generation Me
  21. EV 2.0 (everyone but Dreamer)
  22. Ink Inc
  23. Rob Terry
  24. Magnus
  25. Orlando Jordan
  26. Robbie E

While I appreciate the thread concept (that's actually a bit of a break from the norm of every day whining and complaining), I'm afraid no one is going to want to do this to 26 people, Rasha. This type of thing works best with a limit — I'd suggest dropping it to top-10 at most.

Just a strong suggestion if you want to see this thread succeed.

I considered that, but then I couldn't poke fun at Robbie E for being the least over in the company. I'll trim it down for future versions. Thanks for the feedback.

I think you have it about right. You have RVD a little too high (snort) in my opinion. I'd put him below Hardy.

Also, Angle retired. But you're right, he still belongs at the top of the list.

And Robbie E is getting major heat. The crowd HATES him. There's a value in that.

Like the list and you know Angle will be back. The Guns have to be higher though, every time their music starts the crowd blows the roof off. Guns are prob top 5 as being over.

I would actually say anderson is most ocver right now, after how well he was booked against kazarian last week, he looked really strong and fans appreciate that.

I'm sort of bored, so why not make a list of TNA wrestlers based on their perceived "heat level" at this time? This power poll is based on who I feel is the most OVER in TNA right now, not where they rank in terms of championships. I left off guys like Hogan, Flair, and Foley as they're not what I'd call "regulars" in the ring. I didn't include guys like Sting, Nash, Wolfe, and Hernandez because they're AWOL at the moment. I've also excluded the Knockouts as they operate on a completely different battlefield. Feel free to post your own or simply debate over my picks.

1. Kurt Angle
  2. AJ Styles
  3. Rob Van Dam
  4. D'Angelo Dinero
  5. Mr. Anderson
  6. Jeff Hardy
  7. Beer Money
  8. Samoa Joe
  9. Motor City Machine Guns
  10. Abyss
  11. Matt Morgan
  12. Tommy Dreamer
  13. Jay Lethal
  14. Jeff Jarrett
  15. Kazarian
  16. Team 3D
  17. Eric Young
  18. Doug Williams
  19. Brian Kendrick
  20. Generation Me
  21. EV 2.0 (everyone but Dreamer)
  22. Ink Inc
  23. Rob Terry
  24. Magnus
  25. Orlando Jordan
  26. Robbie E

I actually think that Anderson is at 2 behind Angle while Jeff is at 3. Then comes Van Dam then Styles then Abyss and after that Dinero.

Anderson is on his way to the top but every time Kurt appears no one can mtch upto his star power. Jeff is at 3 because you know he is the heel champion. Van Dam is chasing Jeff but does not have as much momentum as Anderson. Styles is the TV champion while Abyss is the muscle of the group. Dinero is the third biggest face in TNA but hasn't been in the limelight that much. So my list is:

Angle
Anderson
Hardy
RVD
Styles
Abyss
Dinero
Beer Money
Samoa Joe
Morgan
MCMG

Rest I don't care.

By the way people should also explain their lists or else I guess this will be considered spam:)

I think you put Hardy too low, he's definately more over than Dinero, Styles and Van Dam. He gets alot of heat, definately the most over heel. Anyway if I were to make a top ten most over stars in TNA it would be like this:

1) Kurt Angle

2) Mr Anderson

3) Jeff Hardy

4) RVD

5) Abyss

6) Aj Styles

7) MCMG

8) The Pope

9) Beer Money

10) Eric Young

There might be two things about my list that you maybe thinking about and that is Eric Young being in the top 10 and Beer Money being so low. Well I put Beer Money lower than most because they can get cheers and that's not what they should be getting in my opinion that means they should be put down a little, the reason I put Young in the list is because he's really over with his current comey gimmick.

Right now, based on the recent event from Bound For Glory, and the aftermath, my list looks like this.

1. Jeff Hardy- He's the champion, and a heel one at that. His turn has been one of the things theyve done really well. He's got the best heat in the company right now.

2. Mr. Anderson- This guy is so over as a face its not even funny. He also seems to be positioned as the first challenger for Hardy.

3. Kurt Angle- Although Im not sure of his status right now since he said he'ld "retire" if he didn't win the title at BFG, I thought his confrontation with Jarrett and his attack on Bischoff and Flair means we'll be seeing more of him, which is definitely a good thing.

4. AJ Styles- He's really come into his own as the real leader of Fourtune, and i think theres big money in his feud with D'Angelo Dinero. He's become half as good on the mic as he is in the ring, which is a compliment.

5. Rob Van Dam- I dig the fact that he's actually playing the screwed over ex-champion well, rather then the laid back stoner that he usually is. Plus, he's undefeated in TNA. Not much more you can ask for.

6. D'Angelo Dinero- He seems to be the one whose taken the reigns of taking on the Bischoff-Hogan regime from Sting and Nash. He's gaining back some of the momentum he had before his shoulder injury, and appears headed for a feud with AJ, which can only help elevate him.

7. The Motor City Machine Guns- TNA really emphasizes tag team wrestling, and they're the champs. Their program with Beer Money was fantastic, and its been pretty good with Generation Me as well. They have an intriguing matchup with 3D coming up, so I feel they're positioned well.

8. Abyss- He really laid the groundwork for the "They" storyline, and has done a good job since of generating legitimate heat, rather then the "go away" heat he was getting before.

9. Samoa Joe- You never really know with this guy, but it appears that eventually he'll join Pope in taking up the cause against Hogan/Bischoff/Jarrett, and maybe get a World Title shot at some point.

10. Jeff Jarrett- He did a nice job with his turn at BFG, and his explanation was actually well done and convincing as a heel. He told a fraction of the truth, and used it to justify his actions, like most good heels do. He's also done a nice job in his confrontations with Joe and Angle, and Im interested in where he's headed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back