William Regal vs. Georg Hackenschmidt

• The Real Man's Man

• Hackenschmidt

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the TNA Region in the six sided ring from Orlando, Fl.

#17. "Lord" William Regal
0ou6lt8c.jpg

vs.

#48. Georg Hackenschmidt
georgehackenschmidt4.jpg

Regal, in a shoot fight, could beat just about anyone. However, all Hackenschmidt did was shoot fights. I think Regal would win here as Hackenschmidt wouldn't be used to the new style which Regal knows how to handle. George was a power guy but if Regal gets him down, this is over. I'll go with Regal in an upset.

Yawn. Anyway, Regal wins. Hackenschmidt shouldn't be in this competition as he wasn't a professional wrestler as we know it. In the modern era, he wouldn't stand a chance because he wouldn't know how to work and would be too naive. Think of this: Regal's repetoire includes a running high knee. If Hackenschmidt couldn't sell, he'd get a knee to the face, which'd legitimately knock him out.

Hackenschmidt is definitely a more important figure in the history of pro wrestling, but he'd lose to just about any pro wrestler since 1930 in a TNA ring with modern rules.

Regal may have portrayed a soft southerner his WWE career, but he is born in Staffordshire and lived in the north. Therefore, as a tough northerner he brawls his way to success.

Hackenschmidt was an eastern european who lived in England most of his life, but in the south of England. In a fight a northerner beats a southerner,

Hackenschmidt is a world champion but having these old wrestlers with no video footage in this tournament isn't going to work. If people bring the argument they were legit fighters so they would win, then lets forget the whole tournament and have him or Gotch or whoever the old ones are win the whole thing now. In kayfabe they wouldn't know what they're doing so they go home.

Regal marches on.

I am a huge fan of Regal, from anything he did before being named Commisioner. He's a great wrestler, no matter how boring you may find him. A few European uppercuts, a high knee, and a sneaky set of brass knuckles win this.

I know absolutely nothing about Hackysackyschmidt. So I'm gonna go with Regal. From what I've ready Hacky is a shoot fighter, Regal can shoot pretty well himself. Regal gets the W here.

Hackenschmidt looked like he was a beast, but I'm going to go with Regal here. I'm not even sure if Hackenschmidt's career made if past WWI, and, I can't even imagine how much professional wrestling has changed since then in terms of what's legal. In the end, it just seems to me that Hackenschmidt would simply be a fish out of water.

Pick: Regal

I missed this match but i would go george just becasue he invented teh timeless move called a bearhug and wiht the size of him and teh size of regal i think hackenschmidht would crush reggal's ribs also he was the first sorld champion of pro wrestling. also he enmdured an ankle lock for 2 fucking hours that match alone would take up more than anentire raw broadcast. regal's longest match was wath 40 minutes at most. I think it'd be a good match but in the end george would win.

Sorry, but I've got to give this to Georg. Hackenschmidt is essentially the first universally accepted World Heavyweight Champion in wrestling history. After defeating Tom Jenkins, who was the American Heavyweight Champion, in New York in 1905, Hackenschmidt was cemented as the first Undisputed World Champion in wrestling. Prior to that, he won almost every major wrestling title in Europe. He held the World Championship for nearly 3 years before losing to Frank Gotch.

The man was a legitimate athlete and tough guy and wrestled matches that were nothing more than shoots. Matches that would sometimes last hours on end. I'm sorry, but William Regal would be completely overmatched in every measurable way. I like Regal, I always have, but Hackenschmidt could outwrestle him and outpower him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back