Punk vs. Val Venis

• CM Punk

• Chief Morely

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the TNA Region in the six sided ring, From Orlando, Fl.

#16. CM Punk
769-cm-punk_812_general.jpg

vs.

#49. Val Venis
venis_ssb.jpg

Val was a cool character and a decent wrestler but he was a jobber to the stars for the majority of his career. No way he wins here. Punk may not be the greatest wrestler of all time, but he's certainly ahead of Val. He's a former World Champion as well as IC champion which already gives him a better resume. Put him in TNA which he might be better suited for and there's no way Punk loses here.

I see it like this. CM Punk has accomplished more in the WWE in 2 years, then Val Venis did in 10. Val just never had what it took to make the big leaugues, and because of this he was at most a midcard talent for life(and for the last 4 years he was a jobber).

Punk get's a bad rap because he was praised as if he was the 2nd coming of christ by the ROH crowd. Then he came to the WWE, and WWE smarks/marks realized he wasn't all that, and then the hate came. Personally I think Punk is entertaining, a good worker, over with the fans, and he obviously is liked backstage since he is already a triple crown winner. Punk wins this easily, since even at Val's peak, Punk would still go over.

Cm Punk kicks Val in the weinerless genitals, raises him above his head, and smashes him on his knees, for the easy win.

Val Venis simply didn't do anything memorable in wrestling, save for getting his wee wee chopped off, and occasionally jobbing on sunday night heat. He accomplished basically nothing.

CM punk is still considered new to the buisness, and has already had numerous title reigns.

Furthermore, the tna region better accomidates punk, seeing as he's more of a smark favorite, and a somewhat aerial guy.

Val Venis has actually beat Punk, but it was in Punk's try out match, so really shouldn't count. Venis was always over, and won titles. His success largely rested on his gimmick though.

[youtube]b3c9NIY5ZiI[/youtube]

Punk may not have had the best reign as world champion, but he won it nonetheless. Val Venis would put up a good fight in his prime, but I don't think he'd be able to overcome Punk, who'd win with a Go 2 Sleep.

CM Punk, with ease. Val Venis was fun to watch when he was getting his dick chopped off, but that's really the only relevant, memorable thing he's ever done in pro wrestling. He doesn't have any "big" victories over any "big" names, whereas Punk, within only three years, is already a former World Champion. That right there should be enough to convince anyone who should win here.

I'm voting for the hugely underrated Val Venis. The Venis I'm voting for is the Val Venis from October 1999. He defeated Mankind. The same Mankind who was WWF Champion just a couple of months earlier, the same Mankind who was teaming with The Rock, the very same mankind who would be having some hugely competitive matches with Triple H just a few months later.

That version of Val Venis easily get's the better of CM Punk. In my opinion anyway. I'd take a close to retirement Foley over most people especially over Bryan Danielson or Samoa Joe. Which is, I assume, when Punk was at his very best.

While CM Punk is good, Val Venis is also good on his own right. This will be a close match but I believe Venis can take this one as Punk has been a World Champion, but Venis has beaten better competition. I will take Venis but slightly.

This match will be very good, but ultimately the Anaconda Vice will end this for Punk. He'll win, and make it look easy for the last few minutes. He's got a lot of the indy fans behind him, and will be a favorite in TNA. Venis won't have enough to keep it even for long.

Now this would be a fun match. I'm a big Val Venis fan. Dude is awesome and underrated to me. But on the other hand Punk is one of my favorites in the game today. I'm gonna give the slight edge to the straight edged superstar. Punk with a GTS and it is nighty night for Big Valbowski.

Val Venis never did it for me. He was a weekly Sunday Night Heat jobber. CM Punk is a former World Heavyweight Champion, ECW Champion, Intercontinental Champion and a former World Tag Team Champion. He's accomplished all that in under 3 years. Which is a lot more than Val accomplished in his entire career. Punk wins easily here. I'm a Punk mark and I think he has great potential to make it big in the WWE.

Plus, it's the TNA Region here. Punk uses the ropes often, and will certainly benefit from the 6 sided ring as the ropes are more accessible. All CM Punk would need to use is his bulldog and the GTS for the easy 3 count.

Val Venis has been a jobber for the better part of his career- and he's good at it. He has the ability to put on decent matches that put people over. His character was interesting for a short while and during that time he was able to gain enough credibility to earn a roster spot for far longer than I had anticipated. So logic says that Mr. Venis would be able to effectively put Punk over in a match. Punk is the better wrestler here, and that's not a question IMO. He takes this one- and Venis does a great job making Punk look like a star.

I am going to vote Val, as Jake said he defeated Mankind during a good point in his career, he defeated Ken Shamrock for the IC Title if I am not much mistaken and during his IC days was more over than Punk was in his WHC days. Not that overness counts but the point I am making is that it was a different time then with only 1 World Title and you've got to believe that during this time Punk wouldn't have got near a World Championship.

The TNA ropes don't help Punk at all, actually they harm him. He's so sloppy and he insists on using the ropes, it's only a matter of time before he face plants himself.

Don't forget that Venis is also a Tag & IC champion. And while each reign was rather pointless, they're still not as pointless as CM Punk title reigns. If only they'd had the MITB in 1999. And Billy Gunn was dead.

Like Jake, I would take Venis over Punk any day of the week. And, please, don't bring Punk's title reigns in here, as these things were essentially handed to him in WWE's effort to get him over, and he wasn't able to do jack with any of them. I would have to give it to Punk if all of Venis' career consisted of him jobbing out to everyone else, but Venis, like Jake already mentioned, was once a hot commodity in WWE, albeit for only a few months.

Pick: Venis

Val Venis is perhaps the most misused talent WWE has had that didn't come from WCW first. I think he was great in the ring, but the way he was pushed, I have to say that Punk wins.

Even though he later became the jobber of the century, atleast Val Venus defeated wrestlers like Ken Shamrock and Mankind and was more memorable and entertaining during the attitude era than cm punk ...meanwhile Cm Punk as a terribly disappointing world champion didn't do him no good...infact, it made his career worse...hes a fluke champion.. val venus getting his johnson chopped off is greater than anything cm punk has done. and lets talk about talent wise, val venus would win this over cm punk...venus was a talented wrestler, cm punk just sucks and would lose, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back