• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Originals Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
"God, Sam is really scraping the barrel for these thread ideas, isn't he?"

Yeah, I know. It's a terrible idea. Stupid, impractical, ridiculous, nonsensical. It would make Jesus cry and little kittens die. But you're forgetting one thing: this is TNA we're talking about here. If the messiah isn't bawling like a little girl, they're not doing their fucking job right.

Obviously, this stupid, stupid idea - which I kinda like, oddly, despite recognising that TNA does not need any more titles, particularly more completely illegitimate ones - would have to come in as part of a storyline to counter Booker's Legends Title and Sting's unfair control of the World Title. It's almost like Taz's FTW Title in that sense.

To counter the complete illegitimacy of those two titles (ooh, burn!), there'd have to be a long ass tournament for it. A tournament? In TNA? Never! Only "Originals", which obviously have a very vague definition, are eligible to compete. Obviously, Hernandez wins after fighting Joe to a standstill and then defeating AJ and him in an incredible Triple Threat match, the likes of which we haven't seen since Unbreakable 2005. What are you looking at me like that for? You come up with something better.

At least this belt has an accurate enough description, if you rounded up everyone who was truly eligible for the Legends Title you'd have Sting standing by himself in the ring.

Dicks. Busting my ass for this forum. I ain't gettin' no appreciation.

Edit: Oh, and since the Legends belt is all nice and shiny this one should closely resemble the Hardcore title.

I've been wishing for the return of the Drinking Championship for a while. Nothing says ''I'm ready to be a superstar'' than a belt that's made out of another belt. Be that the Hardcore belt or the Drinking Championship. Both served their purpose, even for a short period of time.

They're manking the Frontline look worthless in comparison to the Main Event Mafia as it is, so a cheap belt should add more magic to the angle.

As I assume the Legends belt was commissioned by the Mafia, you'd assume the Frontline would have to do the same. As the Frontline are lowly wrestlers it's only right that their belt looks like some cheap indy piece that looks very similar to the old IC belt.

Hmmm ... I understand where you guys are coming from.
I guess I am one of the few that LOVES TNA right now and thinks that the Mafia angle is great. I love that the belt on Sting's waist is practically worthless and is just a symbol for the Mafia's dominance. I love the stupidity of the Legend's Title and how it is just the Magia boosting themselves up again.
I obviously sense the sarcasm in this thread, but I say let this storyline play out. I think in the long run it should be really good for some of the Frontline when they start defeating the Mafia members for title's and power. I was disappointed the the first major Frontline victory came with Mick Foley on board ... I like Mick and all, but keep letting the Mafia dominate until you are ready to put Rhino, AJ or Joe over one of them in a classic match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back