• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Legends Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb ass smarks, its just a name for the title. You don't have to be a legend to go after it seeing that AJ Styles is clearly not a legend. And TV title sounds dumb ass fuck regardless of who has the belt. It sounded stupid when RVD had it. The Legends belt it their mid-card title. It sounds cooler than TV title.

Dumb ass smarks, its just a name for the title. You don't have to be a legend to go after it seeing that AJ Styles is clearly not a legend. And TV title sounds dumb ass fuck regardless of who has the belt. It sounded stupid when RVD had it. The Legends belt it their mid-card title. It sounds cooler than TV title.

Yes lets keep a Legends title that sound's ******ed and have all these people who have been main steam less then 5 or 6 years fight for it.Makes a lot of sense.Why not just bring back a Cruiser Weight Title and let Big Show win it while we are at it since obviously that name of the titles has no relevance as to who holds it judging by this post.I don't care what they do with the title as long as they change it or get rid of it.Hell make a Hardcore Title.It would work better then the "TNA Legend's Championship" and with it being a Hardcore Title anything could go so any sized guy could win it new rookie's or old washed up wrestler's alike.

yes, admittedly, "t.v title" may be a less than poetic name for a title.
but at least it signifies the limits of the title, the requirements to contend or to reign, or both.
trust me, i'll get over it, assuming the title gets over. i just doubt that any title with "legends" in the name (unless a qualifier, such as "future" is involved) has a chance of getting over if the division that bears its name is full of, well....legends.

perhaps we should downgrade the definition of legendary status. let us say a legend is someone who has the qualifications of it's current champion, to whom many of you do not think this status should be accorded.

a.j. has worked at wcw, ring of honor, and tna. three arguably major promotions.

a.j. has been roh champ one time and roh tag champ one time

a.j. has been nwa world champ three times

a.j has been x division champ, tag champ, and i lost track of all the tag belt runs he's had

you see how even if we call a.j. a legend, it is still an impossibly high bar for a mid card belt.

best to retire it and come up with a more appropriately named, if perhaps lacking in poetry, mid-card title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back