TNA continuing it's Live Monday broadcasts: What's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone's just read the title of the thread, without having actually understood what I was saying. Basically, TNA shouldn't be rushing it. It's a process. You need to be PRACTICING live feeds, instead of going into them without being at least 80% ready. Homicide screwed up pretty bad, which kind of made Hardy's debut seem a little lackluster. They need to be treating everything like it's live, so that when they decide to go to live full time, they're ready. TNA shouldn't worry about their ratings skyrocketing, for now they should be happy if it keeps a 0.3 increase. The last thing any TNA fan should want is for them to rush things and burn out.

I think everyone's just read the title of the thread, without having actually understood what I was saying. Basically, TNA shouldn't be rushing it. It's a process. You need to be PRACTICING live feeds, instead of going into them without being at least 80% ready. Homicide screwed up pretty bad, which kind of made Hardy's debut seem a little lackluster. They need to be treating everything like it's live, so that when they decide to go to live full time, they're ready.

I see your point here. And I agree with 80% of it. I as a TNA supporter do not want to see them bite off more than they can chew. But then again, success in any form of business takes risks. TNA took a risk on the 4th, and they had moderate success with it. They're willing to take the risk again, in order to see that the previous effort wasn't a fluke...and I think they're also seeing what works and what doesn't work in the making of a live broadcast. They will work out the kinks eventually.

TNA shouldn't worry about their ratings skyrocketing, for now they should be happy if it keeps a 0.3 increase. The last thing any TNA fan should want is for them to rush things and burn out.

We must not forget the impatience of Dixie Carter in all of this. Her insistence on being taken seriously, as a wrestling company and as an authority figure internally in the company, has been the driving force behind all of this: the Hogan hoopla, live Impacts, and the many new performers. So while it would make good sense to take it slowly and therefore present a better product. But Dixie wants the ratings to "skyrocket." And anything she and her new BFF Hogan says is gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back