• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Time for Morrison To Make An IMPACT!

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
F4Wonline is reporting that the talk backstage is that John Morrison will not be re-signing with WWE when his contract expires very soon.

The feeling is that both Morrison and WWE have had enough working together and are ready to move on without each other.

If this turns out to be true and Morrison doesn't re-sign, it's good news for TNA fans. Heck, it's good news for ROH and Japan wrestling fans as well. I'm not a die-hard Morrison fan, but as a TNA fan, I know he would bring name recognition, popularity, and an impressive skill set to the company.

I'd be interested to see what Morrison could do under the PG 14 rating TNA holds, especially as a heel. Either as a face or a heel, his in-ring ability would get over big time with TNA fans. I also like that Morrison would no longer be dwarfed in the ring (wherever he goes aside from WWE) by other wrestlers. He matches up better in size compared with guys like Styles, Angle, RVD, Hardy etc instead of Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Riley, Dibiase, Miz who are usually taller and much broader.

When I first read about Morrison possibly not re-signing, I wondered what the best way for him to debut in TNA might be. I know him and Melina are probably going to try and go to the same company (which makes TNA seen like the front runner in the Morrison sweepstakes) only problem I see with this is that Melina and Mickie James apparently hate each other and Mickie is being treated like the top KO right now.

Aside from debuting with Melina, I was wondering if we might see more cuts in the near future. If TNA can bring Morrison in with a couple other ex-WWE stars at the same time who are currently over, I think that might get some peoples attention. Right now, I think the most notable free agents are Chris Masters and Chavo. But I think we might see some more releases with the amount of wrestlers who WWE seems to have nothing for at the moment and the guys they're waiting to bring up from FCW (Rollins, KOW, etc)

Curt Hawkins, Justin Gabriel, Tyler Reks, Drew McIntyre, Joe Hennig, Ted Dibiase, JTG - just to name a few guys who are getting little too no work - are the types of names you may see be released in the near future, then again, we may see no names released for awhile. It just seems that with Big Show's return and the eventual returns and appearances of The Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker, Jericho, Mick Foley, Kane, and Rey Mysterio, that there just won't be any need for a few names on the roster.

Anyway, this is good news for TNA fans and I guess we'll see what happens. I'm not thrilled with the current TNA roster (It's good, but I'd like to see a few more big stars as Crimson/Gunner have a ways to go and guys like Ink Inc and Mexican America doing nothing for the show.) Where TNA has guys like Kaz and Daniels, they need Morrison to upgrade those spots. He can do what they can in the ring, plus brings name recognition and probably even better mic skills.

It is a shame they still keep you in here.

I am not much of a Morrison fan if he has to be a main event player but I will give the guy his credit where it is due. He is one of the most creative workers going today. He has slipped in enough stuff in the stifling WWE environment that I am quite interested in what he could do in the ring with a little more freedom and some quality opponents. I think he and AJ could put on one hell of a match. Not really fond of him bringing Melina with him but it might be worth it to give him a mouthpiece and a character. I am not really sold on either of them having much of a built in audience though.

It's sad in a way, because he is the only tough enough winner who you can even call a success. Remember Maven? Nidia? the ones from season 2? JoMo is the ONLY tough enough winner who has made a significant impact (I am aware that Miz was on Tough enough, but he wasn't a winner).

So, JoMo in TNA? Probably. I hope not. But who knows, they might use him properly.

If he does end up there, I'd love to see odds on his ring-name. Probably John Hennigan, as that is his name. Maybeback to Nitro? (Bischoff was the guy who came up with that) As shattered dreams has said, AJ vs JoMo would be excellent. As would, in my opinion, Mr Anderson x2 vs JoMo.

Him and Melina together could be a good pairing, and shes solid in the ring, and she's hot, but shes annoying as fuck.

Only time will tell, I suppse.

It is interesting that TNA is getting to the point where there are a significant amount of wrestlers that have been in their company long enough, or exclusively, so that the guys that will be leaving WWE now will never have faced them. It isn't just AJ and Joe that are matches to look forward to anymore.

I've gotta be honest, this is the happiest I've been with TNA in the two plus years since I started watching. I'm honestly genuinely really looking forward to BFG at the end of the week. I'm fairly happy with the direction as of late and with the news of Vince Russo's work being moderated, I haven't felt so confident about them for as long as I can remember.

Morrison is someone I'm a mark for. WWE have given him a lot of shots on the surface but you get the feeling that between all the bad words exchanged between him and the back and the fact his character hasn't been able to sustain anything for a good year now, he just isn't going anywhere higher than he is.

John Morrison has also, in the past, shown to me a lot more than we see in his godawful recited promos as of late. He's got currently untapped potential:

[YOUTUBE]EoLmkDaHqGk[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]c_ffItJdxFc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]kWJzn2plw-U[/YOUTUBE]

I think Morrison SHOULD go to TNA. He needs serious character re-invention, his gimmick was good but because of the complete under-utilization of what it could have been, it's gone completely stale. He needs a character overhaul for starters. I think something darker would really suit him and add a new string to his bow, just like Jeff Hardy as he turned heel last year. It would be something we've never seen from him, an extra layer.

Most of all, I don't want to see one of my favourite talents go off the TV. He's got great ability if it's directed the right way. He does things that are previously unseen. I would think he'd be a welcome addition to many and most rosters, but especially TNA who's penchant for ex-WWE guys would make it hard for them to resist. That coupled with the fact he's still young. He could be the next Matt Morgan, and before you chuckle, Matt Morgan is a pretty over face in TNA,; upper tier competitor who has sights on the world heavyweight championship.

That was a whole load of ramble but I think you can tell I'm all for this move. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to copy and paste this into the non-spam thread.

Oh and hi Jenks, nice to see you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back