Time for Matt Hardy to have a new theme?

mont3818

Pre-Show Stalwart
So this past Friday night on SD I was expecting Matt to have a new theme when he came out to fight his brother, the upbeat "Live For The Moment" one doesn't seem to fit him anymore. I was actually a bit shocked when I heard it. Then I remember the original "Live For The Moment" by Monster Magnet (ever heard it?) and that seems to fit Matt more than ever. It's basically about ditching your past and your old memories. And the song starts a little darker than the way it's edited now. I say get rid of this remix one and put the original in! Or at least use it as the theme song for their rivalry or something. Seems very fitting.

Well, before Matt Hardy betrayed Jeff Hardy in 2002, he had Jeff's old theme (''Loaded'')song, which was also the Hardy Boyz theme. It wasn't until he betrayed Jeff that he debuted his new ''Live For The Moment''. And even then he was a heel, but even years later when he became a face again, he still had the ''Live For The Moment'' theme. So, I think that his current theme song is okay for him, but a new theme can't hurt him, especially if it fits his character better.

Yeah, I remember all of that. But when he was a heel the first time, he was funny. Mattitude, his M'fers (Mattitude fellowers), V.1. This time around the whole thing is a lot deeper and drawn out. So the current less serious remix of "Live For The Moment" doesn't seem to fit. Hmm, I don't know. ^_^

Dark? Edgy? Brooding? Pfft. No matter how you take him, Matt Hardy is a goofy motherfucker. Even if he manned up, he looks like a goofy motherfucker. The only way I could take him seriously as a heel is if he wasn't a serious heel.

How does this fit in to a topic about themes? Well, firstly, don't fucking cut me off with stupid questions, you prick. Secondly, I'm getting to that.

Matt Hardy V.2. I've been waiting for it ever since V.1 ended. I loved that shit. He should debut it - or re-debut it - at WrestleMania, with some of the classic snippets:

"Matt often wonders how they did WrestleMania without him."

"Matt likes to keep the room at a toasty 18 degrees."

"Jeff Hardy is a cunt."

And so on...

True, that V.1 stuff was pretty funny.

But it seems like this time WWE is trying to build Matt up as some kind of serious heel. It may all blow over after WM. But what you want to see and what WWE is actually doing are two different things. See what I'm talking about is how will Matt Hardy work the way he is presented NOW? Or will it work at all? Will he just lose to Jeff at WM then go back to mid-card status?

They didn't change the theme much when he was a heel in 2003 so I don't believe they'll change it now. Matt Hardy V.2 would be awesome as I loved V.1

Yeah Matt desperately needs a new theme. As does Michelle McCool. Whenever Matt comes out, it's just a natural instinct to cheer for him. But when he walks down the aisle with that fake ass frown on his face, then the fans finally remember that they are supposed to boo this guy.

Matt Hardy's current music was used when he was a heel in 2002 I believe, but it doesn't work with this type of heel. The dark, angry and jealous type of heel. It's why Randy Orton had to change entrance themes, because his old one was too upbeat and didn't suit his new heel character at all.

I think the WWE will eventually change it, but it needs to happen now during his feud with Jeff Hardy. It just doesn't suit his character and the fans are so used to cheering whenever his music plays. The same could go for MVP, people are so used to booing whenever his music plays, because they do it out of habit and instinct. Matt needs a new entrance theme, hopefully by the end of the month.

I've heard the original version of the "Live for the Moment" song, the only reason it could not work as a heel theme is because it builds up so slow and then picks up speed for the chorus. I would say get a remix or a darker beat to it. Just like what they did with Christian's theme atm, except the opposite way.

"Matt often wonders how they did WrestleMania without him."

"Matt likes to keep the room at a toasty 18 degrees."

"Jeff Hardy is a cunt."

And so on...

:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member