Time for a Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinistryofDeath89

CM Perfection
I think it's time to get rid of the WWE title!! ever since it debuted back in 2004, I was never a fan of it at all it didn't suit any of the top guy's in the WWE expect for John Cena. In some way's it was like the smoking skull belt that it was only designed for Stone Cold back in 1998. Just like today's WWE title is only designed for john cena. Getting to my point I think they should retire the current WWE title and bring back the undisputed title, In my opinion the undisputed belt didn't stay around for long I thought it was a very decent belt. Who ever wore it was a true champion not like today's belt where if HHH held it again he would look like he was in walt disney's gift shop with that belt.

So do you think it's time for the WWE title to retire and bring in a new belt. ???

If they change belts, they are not bringing back an old one. It will be a new belt, not something from the past.

I hate the WWE title, always have. It looks cheap, tacky and tasteless. It's big, ugly and designed to fit one man. I don't hate the thing enough to start a thread, but definitely enough to comment within one.

I've always thought titles do not need updating. A title is something that is passed down through accomplishment (or scripting). It has history. But this title, in particular, is just ridiculous.

I also liked the look of the Undisputed Title more than the one used now. It looked more professional and reminded me more of the belt used before the Attitude Era. I am not a huge fan of today's look but i am pleased it does not spin anymore. Perhaps the title design will change to coincide with the new PG Era.

Well they wont change it anytime soon since the belt was made for Cena, and he's gonna be defending it for at least the next year so no new belt coming in the near future.

Wasn't there a report that hey have a new belt waiting for like a year?

Be a good time to debut it soon. I mean this belt is suitable when Cena has it, it just looks f'king ridiculous on Triple H or Orton. OK around Miz, but any belt from here would be an improvement honestly. A championship belt (eg the WHC), has to be either ageless or relevant to all that hold it.

A new WWE belt would certainly be a welcome change from this Mayweather Bling Reject.

If they change belts, they are not bringing back an old one. It will be a new belt, not something from the past.

I hate the WWE title, always have. It looks cheap, tacky and tasteless. It's big, ugly and designed to fit one man. I don't hate the thing enough to start a thread, but definitely enough to comment within one.

I've always thought titles do not need updating. A title is something that is passed down through accomplishment (or scripting). It has history. But this title, in particular, is just ridiculous.

In my Opinion, The World Title looks big. No, it doesn't have all the bling that The WWE Title does, but it's still a big championship...

So what's your point of the WWE title being big?

I liked the Stone Cold Smoking Skull Belt!

I can agree that the champion should be switched, and I still think that both world champions should stay but get rid of the WWE spinner belt. I hate belts made for a certain person, it was copied from stone cold, Edge was a parody of John Cena which was lame and unoriginal. I disagree, a lot of the guys that won the title did, indeed earn them and they worked very hard to win them, so someone like you saying that, is rude and out of line. I do indeed think they should introduce a new belt, but I doubt its going to happen because a lot of people would prefer a belt that spun for a model rather then a cool looking one that seems more prestigious. I still think it looks better then that purple belt Barney shit out in TNA.

Look, John Cena is gonna hold the WWE Championship until WrestleMania XXVIII. So, we will see no change in design. However, THE ROCK doesn't like John Cena or his gear, so, why would he wear that WWE Championship belt. I believe I read a report saying that The Rock was supposed to have a custom WWE Championship like Stone Cold had, but, they scapped it. The Rock will win and have his own custom belt, then, he will either vacate it or lose it and a new design will be brought in.

In my opinion, the current WWE Championship should have been John Cena's and John Cena's only!

I personally don't have a problem with the title belt's design but that's probably only because it was the belt being used when I first started watching wrestling in late 2005. So if the belt were to change, it would be a little weird for me at least. That said, I wouldn't really mind if the title design were to change. I was actually kinda hoping for that to happen when Miz announced he was going to change the belt's design so you can only imagine how let down I was when all he did was flip the WWE logo. The current WWE design honestly does look a little strange when held by anyone not named John Cena considering the belt was originally designed for him. But in all honesty, it doesn't really matter to me if the design is changed or not. I'm all for it but I won't be upset if it doesn't change in the forseeable future.

The belt will change when John Cena is no longer the face of the company. Each belt has been replaced when the face who introduced it is either surpassed or no longer with the company. Think about it - Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar, and now John Cena. Maybe when they start trusting Miz or Orton the belts will change but until then we have to deal with the mediocrity that is the current WWE Championship

The belt will change when John Cena is no longer the face of the company. Each belt has been replaced when the face who introduced it is either surpassed or no longer with the company. Think about it - Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar, and now John Cena. Maybe when they start trusting Miz or Orton the belts will change but until then we have to deal with the mediocrity that is the current WWE Championship

You're right. Never thought of it like that. However, if they decide to trust the Miz, we might just get that peice of crap he came up with before WrestleMania XXVII.

"I have a new WWE Championship. It is new because instead of a W it is an M. Hahahaha. Yay me. Hahahaha."

Then again, the current WWE Championship is the only one that truly reflects it's creator. Brock Lesnar's? No. Stone Cold's? No, except for the Smoking Skull. Bret Hart? No. Hulk Hogan? No.

So, the statement about the Miz at the top may not be true.

Um the title never changed between Hogan and Bret Hart, it didn't change until Austin came out with the Smokin Skull belt other then minor color changes.

after WrestleMania 3 the title changed to the Eagle belt, then it remained the same until Austin brought in the Smokin Skull belt and the next change wasn't until the Undisputed title changed hands after WrestleMania X8

There were minor changes like strap color or image in the middle in the case of The Rock/Austin/Edge and beyond over the years but the over title remained the same for a lot longer then Each new main face.

http://www.wrestling101.com/home/2007/09/wwe-title-belts-a-guide-to-the-gold/

The IC titles and Tag titles on the other hand have changed numerous times

The belt look doesn't really mean anything anyway, it's just a token symbol held by inferior stars (for the most part). And we are soooo far away from the legacy of all the titles now it's irrelevant.

but aslong as it doesn't look god awfull like the current Tag Titles.

Personally i thing the Eagle belt (1987-1998) was the best.
and The IC title during that period loooked the best too

I heard HHH say in an interview that they were gonna keep the current design due to a deal they reached with a toy company, because they had so many of the titles made up. Apparently, the "blinged out" Cena belt is still popular with the kids. I personally feel they should change the design. It's been 6 years now. With the exeption of the "Winged Eagle" design, no belt has ever lasted more than 5 years, and in these fickle fans time, people get tired of the same old thing( hence, the "Cena sucks" chant and all these short title reigns). I'm up for a new design and no more custom belts. After that horrible Jeff Hardy custom belt in TNA, I think I've seen enough custom titles!!!

You say that a title is something that is passed down through accomplishment (which I agree)...but then you say not to bring back the old one. WHY? You talk about history, the old one has ALOT of history.

You say that a title is something that is passed down through accomplishment (which I agree)...but then you say not to bring back the old one. WHY? You talk about history, the old one has ALOT of history.

I didn't say they shouldn't. I didn't say not to do it. I said it won't happen.

Bringing back an old belt isn't something I see them doing. A new design may look less modern than the current version, but bringing something like that back doesn't seem like something Vince would do.

If Vince did bring back an old strap, I would be fine with it. Actually, I would love it. I just don't think it's going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back