• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thoughts on TNA and what's going on right now and other stuff

Xtreme_Animlas2314

Pre-Show Stalwart
I've already made thread about roster trim and other ideas which got moved into the Book This forum!

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=117477

I want to update just little bit add a few more stuff without trying to repeat myself any or at all at least.!

I got to say that I'm fan of all wrestling products but of course WWE and TNA are the two I watch the most. Speaking of WWE, TNA really need to forget about WWE all together. It's not going anywhere anytime soon considering it's been around since the 80's which more then twenty years and well TNA has only been around eight years. A lot of difference between the two and plus WWE has the money, the resource, air time, and about get their own network. Oh yeah they do have some decent talent.!

Now moving onto about TNA why I'm doing this thread. Last few weeks TNA done some new things and some talents changing from face to heel and heel to face. TNA really need to hire some good backstage people or even used retire wrestlers that actually knows the wrestling business not just because they are a legend or everyone knows the person name.

I always wonder what would happen if you had Jim Cornette, Vince Russo, Eric Bischoff, Dutch Mantell, Dusty Rhodes, Shane Douglas, Konnan, Kevin Nash, Terry Taylor, Tommy Dreamer, Paul Heyman, and I'm missing someone.! All in a room and actually working together but of course all took a different work load or divison. Leaving the Main Event/World Title divison with everyone has say on what to do with it. So, it wouldn't feel like just a one person job doing the writing. Everyone knows what's going on and are all the same damn page for once. No mind games just get the best storyling idea without going back to the mid 90's crap that we all know whats going. Lets face it as fans we need new and better stuff then what's going right now.!

Immortal and Fortune together was the worst mistake ever that TNA has done. Hear me out first I mean I do like it a way but not really.!

It reminds me when the Ministy and Corporation joins together [Corporate Ministry], McMahon-Helmsley Faction era, Oddities, New Blood, Dungeon of Doom*, Alliance to End Hulkamania*, nWo (some of the varitions of it), World Elite*, S.E.X., TNA Front Line, and etc. You get the point in away.

TNA ruin a great idea but putting them together so soon or at all in my point view.

Yes Fortune is supposed to be like the Four Horsemen which is ok with me no big. Except for a few of the members.!
Immortal another decent one but of course its like the nWo. We had no idea who was or isn't in it.

I guess TNA was like we can have two heel stables at the same time well technically you didn't. We had Fortune vs EV 2.0 going on which we can all disagree and agree what's going on here.

In WCW the Four Horsemen was a heel when the nWo first came in but sooner or later they turn face so why couldn't TNA just let them be and maybe turn the stable face or then ally them up together which would've been a lot better then what we are getting.

EV 2.0 (Brian Kendrick*, Mick Foley, Raven, Rhino, Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Stevie Richards, and Tommy Dreamer)
Immortal (Hulk Hogan (leader/mouth piece), Eric Bischoff (gm role/mouth piece), Jeff Jarrett, Jeff Hardy, and Abyss)
Fortune (Ric Flair (leader/manager/mouth piece), AJ Styles, Douglas Williams, James Storm, Kazarian, Robert Roode, and Matt Morgan*)

Other talents that's been involved with any or three stables Kurt Angle, Mr. Anderson, Sting, Samoa Joe, Pope D'Angelo Dinero, and Kevin Nash.

I believe that's all the contenders. Now Matt should stay in Fortune for at least few weeks or something at least try to before really turning face and alling him with the other victims. Douglas well I can really careless but he might be better suited then Kaz is so if that's the case then that means Kaz should just kind of disappear and just go after the X-Division and the same goes to Kendrick because he really doesn't need to be anywhere near EV 2.0 at all. TNA does not need to do another TNA Front LIne because that horrible done wrong it could've been done well but TNA dropped the ball like they do all the time.

Lets see who TNA no longer has because retire or injury or quit. Kurt Angle, Mr. Anderson, Sting, Pope D'Angelo Dinero*, and Kevin Nash. All the major players TNA does not have which is okay I say let the Immortal-Fortune run wild a bit longer but you got to wonder whats going to happen when EV 2.0 is completely done then TNA won't have anyone for Immortal-Fortune to face right?!

Well by this time Beer Money should get their eyes back on the Tag Team Titles and win it maybe right before the new year. They already got the World and TV Title but that leaves the X Division Title left to go for if they want to which I think they should attempt considering that got Kaz and Douglas William.

In the manager, leader, GM, and mouth piece role are Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, and Ric Flair. None of these guys should wrestle ever again well we know Hulk won't but Flair is better off being a manager only for these days.

We have Abyss, Jeff Jarrett, and Matt Morgan* got nothing to do now. Ok so lets say Matt is out of the stable now considering thats the route that TNA is going right now. Lets face it what role does Abyss and Jeff Jarrett actaully plays? Abyss is more of a bodygaurd until he turns or wants the title back but Jarrett we will don't know what his game plane is either. Sooner or later Jarrett wants the title back again so what will happen then?

EV 2.0 is over but lets face some of these guys still got it but at least keep around a bit longer and stop using EV reference of course when this stable dies out. I'm a fan of them all but Raven is not his best when he isn't on his own or playing mind games like he is best known for. Foley and Dreamer needs to call it quits just like Hogan and Flair but maybe use backstage or mouth piece or something for someone. Rhino needs to get back into the World or TV title picture soon. Sabu well I hate to say it but maybe he should be let go because he's not the same and he's getting older and botch spots. Stevie Richards is a great person and glad to see him back in the business but he doesn't do anything for me anymore and I hate to say it but his time is up. THis leaves RVD and who really knows how long is going to stay in TNA and I hope he stays but right now he hasn't shown me anything great like what I know he can do. Heck Hardy is even doing a better job then he is which is kind of weird. I always love the idea of Hardy vs RVD feud but the spark isn't their and as fans I think the Punk and Hard feud been better then Hardy and RVD feud currently going on right now.

EV 2.0 is no longer from this point on. Matt turns face. Immortal-Fortune (Hulk Hogan (leader/mouth piece), Eric Bischoff (gm role/mouth piece), Ric Flair (leader/manager/mouth piece), Jeff Hardy, Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Abyss, James Storm, Robert Roode, Kazarian, and Douglas Williams) is together as a stable or alliance however you want to describe it.

Immortal-Fortune runs wild or crazy for the next two months no questions ask. Then Dixie says she has a plan or warns the Immortal-Fortune that they better look out. By this time Mr. Anderson, Samoa Joe, Matt Morgan, Pope D'Angelo Dinero, Rhino, and Rob Van Dam are all back and ready to fight by end of the year. Still taking beatings no one is on the same page but when Dixie made her comment these six men shows up behind her. I would really rather use Tommy or Mick instead of Dixie because she needs to stay in the back. Lets face it is the truth.! Lets say its the last Impact in December of 2010 at leas few minutes of the show because Immortal-Fortune is in the ring. Maybe brawl or some kind of confrontation or the time expires or just a complete stare down. That means we would have to wait until January 2011 to know whats going on. I would like to bring back Sting and Kevin Nash of if they do maybe they can take on the role instead of Tommy or Mic Foleys like manager or mouth piece or even just some of the guys to look up to like mentors. Also maybe one of the six men is still out which would help me complete my story. Immortal-Fortune would have at least eight active wrestlers or so depends on if they bring in anyone from now until then but that doesn't matter. Some how Dixie was able to bring Kurt back if he's ready to sometime in January but he doesn't come alone. Beer Money has the tag titles and MCMG are hurt or just dealing with Generation Me and Ink Inc. sorry but as much as I like MCMG. Beer Money needs to have titles at this point or maybe not. World's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjiman and Charlie Haas) comes out with Kurt Angle at the end of Impact show during a brawl with the Immortal-Fortune going at it with five or six of the mens I named above. I think this would be awesome and the best way to bring back Team Angle together one last time because lets face it Kurt time is just about up. TNA could wait until Lockdown for this to happen but if they wait that long then who does the Immortal-Fortune really have to face until then?!

Immortal-Fortune....................TNA Alliance

Eric Bischoff.......................Dixie Carter
Hulk Hogan..........................Mick Foley or Kevin Nash or Tommy Dreamer
Ric Flair...........................Mick Foley or Sting or Kevin Nash
Jeff Hardy (c)......................Mr. Anderson or Rob Van Dam
Jeff Jarrett........................Samoa Joe or Mr. Anderson or Rhino
AJ Styles (c).......................Pope D'Angelo Dinero or Rob Van Dam
Abyss (bodygaurd/enforcer)..........Samoa Joe or Matt Morgan or Rhino
Beer Money Inc. (Storm and Roode)...Team Angel (Benjiman and Haas)
Kazarian............................Pope D'Angelo Dinero or Samoa Joe or Matt Morgan or Rhino
Douglas Williams....................Pope D'Angelo Dinero or Samoa Joe or Matt Morgan or Rhino

Then again more members could've join or you can pick other talents that you might want to see besides the ones I picked.

Moving onto the Tag Team divison. As of right I think its in the great place except maybe a few more teams need to come back or something. It's been then WWE right now that's the truth. Just click on the link above to check out some teams I suggested that TNA should bring back.

X Division

This is what made TNA just like the Cruiserweight helped WCW. If anyone tells me thats not truth then you didn't see what I saw. I mean everyone knows that WCW Cruiserweights always had great matches less talking and storyline which was fine. Of course TNA did for awhile then they worried about this and that instead of just letting these guys go at it like the did at the beginning of this company. If TNA just go back to that for this division everyone will know TNA little bit more. They need to bring back the World Cup and X Cup the winners get shots at the X Title and Tag Team title to spice things up. I know the new fans never really saw what the X Division or Tag Team Division was all about from 2002 - 2007. These two division was hottest topic besides of course the World Title but it wasn't thrown down our throat like it is now. This division is just keeps going down hill because TNA doesn't hire the right talents or let them battle it out like they did in past. This is the only thing I would care about if they used old stuff for this division but at least it would be better then what we are seeing of it right now. They got the talents and they get whoever they want but they rather waste money for guys that can't do anything or whatever.

The only Jersey shore thing that's going on is a joke and needs to be ended quickly as possible. I'm not fan of the show so sorry but maybe Robbie E might be a good wrestler or not. The character must go no matter what before he wins the X Division Title and that's going to hurt the title and division then helping. I get TNA want to get the jersey shore rating but it's not going to happen sorry. I'm fan of Becky Bayless no doubt but her current role as Cookie is awful to me as a fan. Its like the whole thing with Mickie James and people making fun of her fattness. This angle/storyline needs to be drop. I bet you no one will question TNA if we never ever see this characters ever again. I bet you on that my friends/fans. Then again it just me! He will remind me of David Arquette winning the WCW Title if this guys wins the title at the next PPV. Its just going to be another thing that TNA is annoying their fans about.

Knockout Division

I'm hoping that TNA has realise to vacant the Knockout Tag Team Titles. They don't have the talent pool like they did when they activated these titles because they were stupid enough to get rid just about the entire roster for some odd reason. It's a shame too. I hope TNA does not talk about or even bring them up anytime soon. Just focus on with the talents they do have and the actual Knockout Title for here on out. They don't have the time or money to do deal with two titles in this small division of Knockouts. Maybe in the few years when they have more time or another show and got more talents then bring them back but for now don't. I've really enjoy this division right now with these knockouts Angelina Love, Velvet Sky, Taylor Wilde, Ayako Hamada, Lacey Von Erich*, Madison Rayne, Tara, Sarita, Daffney*, and Kat Waters. Maybe change Cookie name to Becky Bayless let her join this division. Then again I wonder what would happen if she joined forces with Generation Me or even TNA brings back the Natural and let her be the mouth piece. I think it would help to get at least Generation Me over more. Just like Tracy did for Bobby Roode, Kaz, Matt Bentley, and etc.!

Of course TNA can also go after these following talents Paul London, Super Crazy, King V/Viscera*, Val Venis*, Manu, Tomko, Sim Snuka, Shane Helms, Molly Holly, Kid Kash, Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin, Jimmy Yang, and Matt Hardy*.

TNA can do so well with the young talents which they've been known to do with a few veteran talents as well. Now a day is all the focus on the veterans and main event then again. TNA need to reforce on the entire roster and every match/segments they do.

One last thing I want to bring up is Jeff Hardy turning heel. Trust me I'm huge Hardy fan and but was curious about this change. I think TNA should let it go until they see he sux as a heel like AJ with his first attempt as a heel. It won't be the same impact when Hogan first did it but Hardy being a face for so long it could work. They can always serve the fans and rejoin the fans side and take the Immortal-Fortune done. For now I say go for it if you going to do it but don't half a$$ it like when Matt Hardy did it. It was okay but not great. Now the Hardy needs to do it but if things go badly do a quick face turn. I hoping for the best in this Heel run.!

Back onto the backstage stuff for a second. TNA Media department need to start doing something because they are losing money by not making DVD or some kind of volume (Anthology) dvd. Instead of put things together and leave out some of the best matches that TNA does have on film and not showing it. I have brought this DVD Best Of Asylum Years Vol. 1 yet but I've seen the match listing on and I am deeply disappointed in what TNA put on this dvd. Like I stated before they need to seperate in years like WWE Anthology DVD but for TNA in months. Like from the very first match in TNA to maybe the end of 2002 or a little bit early. Not just Heavyweight matches or stuff we've seen over and over. Their were tons of X Division matches that need to take up space then what TNA choose here.

TNA need to cancel Reaction even though its a decent thing going for them but its not helping them make money or anything. Xplosion need to get a bigger tv deal. TNA can use Xplosion for smaller talents, X Division, and Womens Matches. Impact can focus on the World, Tag, and TV Titles and other feuds needs to. This way everyone will get tv time and don't have to rush soo dang much on only one tv show a week. Another show will help! That way Impact can worry about beating Smackdown in ratings and Xplosion can beat Superstars and Nexus. By this time Impact will be huge and sooner or later go back face Raw while Xplosion moves into a two hour show and beat Smackdown in ratings. Only then TNA need to worry about WWE and the ratings war until then TNA needs to worry about them and only them.

Also how about another video game at least too!! I mean WWE is over 20 years, tons of tv shows come and go, and almsot 50 video games. I'm not rocking TNA cause I know it cost money games and dvd to be made but the DVD shouldn't cost that much to put on dvd when you got the films right there. Use the DVD money that make pay whoever off then the rest should go towards making another video games cause that's what the fans won't. TNA doesn't see it and if they do it takes forever to get anything done.

That's all from me but TNA does need to make some changes sooner before we hear about another wrestling compang goes out of business because of stupid mistakes. Not focusing on what help TNA what it is today the X Division and Tag Team matches.

Hulk and TNA does not need to start shooting if they do it really sucks.

This thread is long so please enjoy and sorry. Give thoughts as well.
Thanks.!

you obviously have been doing ur research, but i would like to focus on hardy being heel for a sec, its a good idea that they have him as a heel it jus gives us fans a opportunity to see hwat hes like being a heel because on wwe we saw him as a face and him being a crowd favourite and we all kno that his speeches arent as good as they were on wwe becuz on wwe he had the likes of edge and punk to like guide him but now on tna hes free do say wtv he wants but he still sounds crap. and the fact that he said that it was the fans that made him turn heel was total bullshit no offence or anything but it was the fans that got him to where he is today so yea... i think by the end of december he'll start turning face again

Jeff as a heel is clicking. If Matt goes to TNA then things get interesting but there seems to be a movement now to fight against Matt Hardy
yea i totally agree with you becuz jeff has been a face nearly his whole wrestling career so obviosuly this heel stint is only temporary. yea i think if matt went to tna it would bring a new vibe to tna since jeff and shannon moore are there they could create a new alliance of some sort which would be kool. but also what i dnt get with tna is that with hardy being heel we havent seen anything of shannon moore who is his closest friend which has surprised me alot!

TNA!!!Well if I bash them people would say I am a WWE dumbass.But I can't help doing it!1st of all,what i am gonna post will hurt some TNA fans.Ever since Hogan & Co. have came to TNA,it has turned into carwreck.Seriously,the MEM storyline was one of the best storylines in the past 3 or 4 years.Along with that,other storylines also were amazing and really good.But this year every thing has been like a nightmare for TNA.What it has done this year is create dumb storylines.For instance,Morgan was supposed to be Fourtunes "Insurance Policy".But after only 2 months he turns face.A heel faction needs to stay intact for 6-8 months to work and make money.But TNA have already cracked up Fourtune.Yes,Jeff as a heel is going on very well but i don't think it would go on for some time.But TNA should bring the level of "Extreme" down a bit.No,not be stupid PG like WWE.But make sure that the athletes do protected weapon shots or it may cause serious injuries.Ken Anderson is the latest victim of this.My ardent request to TNA,be extreme but please don't injure your wrestlers doing that.

Hiring WWE rejects & pushing them instead of making their own stars, parodying Jersey Shore & taking jabs at WWE, shooting 24/7, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff & Vince Russo on their creative team, making stables every month, most being based off of old famous stables, recreating history (ala Jeff Hardy turn at BFG in Bash At The Beach 00 fashion), repeating the same video packages 3 times a show every week, crappy music for there video packages, Impact & PPV's = TNA is unoriginal and a straight up insult to wrestling as I mentioned in another thread. Nuff Said.

I like some of it and I dislike some of it.

Three Things I Like:

1. Jeff Hardy As A Heel: Just tired of him being a face for so long. Finally, there's a different dimension. Is he the answer to all their problems? No. But it's something different and he's actually interesting again. How long can a guy get along with being a highlight reel that barely talks and still gets cheered. It's a bit much after a while. Now, he gets a solid response is finally interesting. I enjoy it.

2. Matt Morgan: This guy has a bright future. Decent on the mic and can hold his own in the ring. Has the look, the build and apparently the backing of the company. If they keep it steady and use him correctly, he can be on the first real TNA-billed stars that they can claim. Alongside the likes of AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and The Pope. (Obviously, these guys have not notoriety and have worked in other companies before TNA, but this is clearly their biggest chances/exposures.

3. Knockout Division: Especially in comparison to other female divisions in the sport, TNA shines her. I like how they use them and give them more than one match a week to shine, without wasting the viewers time. It's actually relatively interesting. If I was a female wrestler, I'd only work in TNA.

Three Things I Dislike:

1. Immortals: The idea doesn't bother me. It's the size of the group that bothers me. Too many cards on the table. Just not enough room in a group. The best wrestling groups have always had a core of no more than 5 people. Even the nWo had it's core, the rest were flunkies. This group's size holds it back in my opinion. Almost, confusion.

2. Abyss: He is so far removed from his origins that it's hard to take him seriously. He's talking now, has his own well-thought out agenda and has over-stayed his welcome as the character. He's not awful on the mic or in the ring, but it doesn't draw me in, to be honest. At times, he can compel, but not recently.

3. Guerrilla-Style Backstage Vignettes: It's not something I like, but it's not even the style that bothers me. It's that they all seem to run the same. Cliche'd. If they had some originality to them, they might be easier to handle. As is, not a fan.

sometimes I think there seems to be confusion as to who is in Immortal. I think TNA has mentioned multiple times that Fortune is not part of Immortal, but it's Fortune AND Immortal. you KNOW who is in Fortune. Flair/Styles/Beer Money/Kazarian/Williams(for now). I think it's just a matter of time before you have Fortune feuding with Immortal, once Immortal of Hogan/Bischoff/Hardy/Jarrett/Abyss add more wrestlers. you heard Bischoff say on the last Impact that Hogan is out working and that Immortal is looking to add members.

there are a lot of wrestlers in TNA that general fans don't know who they are. MCMG are a great tag team, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of general/WWE fans don't know who they are. the name wrestlers that have been getting a majority of the push recently are what would bring in general viewers. people know Hardy, RVD, Anderson, Angle, ect. just because wrestlers used to be at WWE and are no longer there does not mean they are WWE rejects. you can have a lot of great in ring wrestlers but if people don't know them they aren't going to draw. the reason AJ Styles never drew well(so I heard) is because he probably isn't well known outside TNA.
TNA needs to get these lesser known wrestlers to be more well known, but it helps a lot by having name wrestlers that people do know.

I like the direction TNA is going, doing more than just wrestling. I think people need to realize that wrestling has to be more than just wrestling. IMO a show with mostly wrestling would be boring to a lot of general fans. your pretty much always going to have the wrestling fans as long as you have some good wrestling, but in order to bring in general fans you have to have what general fans would be interesting in watching to be entertained.

TNA needs to get their name out to more general fans to let them know if they watch they will be entertained with what they are doing. it helps being on Family Feud and other entertainment type networks.

I don't remember who said it, but one of my favorite quotes was something like.. TNA needs to be a TV show with wrestling, not a wrestling show on TV.

Hiring WWE rejects & pushing them instead of making their own stars, parodying Jersey Shore & taking jabs at WWE, shooting 24/7, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff & Vince Russo on their creative team, making stables every month, most being based off of old famous stables, recreating history (ala Jeff Hardy turn at BFG in Bash At The Beach 00 fashion), repeating the same video packages 3 times a show every week, crappy music for there video packages, Impact & PPV's = TNA is unoriginal and a straight up insult to wrestling as I mentioned in another thread. Nuff Said.

Why even bother talking about it? Nobody asked. That has nothing to do with the purpose of the thread. You talk shit about it but still talk about it. How smart is that?

What's an insult to wrestling is a computer General Manger, Guest Hosts that do nothing for the show, a horrible excuse of a women's division and Justin Bieber singing at the biggest PPV of the year.

I guess with your illogical mind you think Nexus/Cena isn't recreating history, Taker vs. Punk at Breaking Point wasn't recreating history, hell Taker vs. Kane isn't recreating history.

Nuff Said. Don't come back if your going to bait people.

Why even bother talking about it? Nobody asked. That has nothing to do with the purpose of the thread. You talk shit about it but still talk about it. How smart is that?

Isn't this thread called "Thoughts on TNA and what's going on right now and other stuff"? So the person who created this thread asked and I stated my thoughts on everything I pointed out that's happening in TNA, so it has everything to do with the purpose of this thread.

What's an insult to wrestling is a computer General Manger, Guest Hosts that do nothing for the show, a horrible excuse of a women's division and Justin Bieber singing at the biggest PPV of the year.

Maybe in your opinion the computer GM, Guest Hosts & Bieber singing at WM are insults to wrestling but at least WWE is being original & not copying any past companies when they do it.

I guess with your illogical mind you think Nexus/Cena isn't recreating history.

A bunch of rookies beat the top dog of the company and as a result the top dog has to take orders from the rookies' leader, what company has done that before with rookies of all people?

Taker vs. Punk at Breaking Point wasn't recreating history,

Last I checked the Montreal Screwjob was invented by Vince McMahon so if WWE wants to recreate their own history they have every right to. TNA on the other hand have used the Montreal Screwjob and copied the Bash At The Beach 00 finish by turning one of the industries most popular babyfaces into a heel for the first time in his career to set up NWO 2.0. When TNA stop stealing other companies history making moments and create new ones of their own then I'll stop bashing em.

hell Taker vs. Kane isn't recreating history

Why even use this as an argument? Matches have been repeated over & over in all companies since the day wrestling began which there is nothing wrong with, it's wrestling tradition. We're talking about ECW...I mean WCW..no wait I mean TNA copying other companies' storylines & moments that changed wrestling not matches being repeated.

I Do not like the current look that the "Total Non-stop action" product has. I Once upon a time thought the product had some promise but now look at it like a circus. Note: this is not an attack upon the Hogan era, because I believe that people use it as a scapegoat when in fact the product had alot of issues before hand.

people talk about TNA copying WCW. but WWE story line is NOT copying anything with Cena/Nexus? don't watch WWE so I don't know.
but what TNA is doing isn't exactly what WCW did with nWo. when has a company ever changed ownership? nWo may have wanted to be their own separate company WITH WCW, but Hogan/Bischoff in TNA have taken the company away from Dixie. that has never been done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back