• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

This Is (Nearly) It

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
To my friends,

It's been all but official for weeks, but I've been trying to think of the right time to make the public announcement. Some might have said that after Kingdom Come would have been the best time, but I think Kingdom Come should represent two things - the end of some things, and the beginning of others. I want Kingdom Come going live to also coincide with the end of something for all of WZCW, and the beginning of something else.

There's an old adage about promotions - "everyone rises to the level of their own incompetence." I found this sufficiently amusing of a note to begin on. I became head of creative long before I ever ought to have, when Kermit had to leave far sooner than he ought to have. Thrust into the role in the middle of a round - and more importantly, in the middle of a school year - I stumbled, and kept stumbling, until I got a proper wake up call when I had the interesting experience of being called to task by the admins because the entire team had complained about me enough. I got the message. I tried harder. And we did well. We had good times, we had a lot of good shows, I was really on top of things.

Things have steadily gotten harder for me in terms of my time commitments. In late March I went through a breakup that really caught up with me around early June, when I nearly drove myself to distraction. I dealt with that and found myself in a new relationship that, like a lot of new relationships, took a lot of my time. And then, what has really been the dagger for me, school started up again and I got reminded in a pretty hard way that I really didn't have time for this.

About two months ago now I let the rest of creative know I intended to walk away at Kingdom Come, and I hoped to use those two months to leave a great foundation behind. I should probably have known better and realized that I was only to get busier at school and have less and less time to do what I already wasn't doing. Ironically, my lack of participation has, I think, turned out into a positive. Yaz has taken upon the role of head of creative in all but the most ceremonial of capacities and I've seen him do a great job of it. I know he and the rest of the team are working up new ideas that are going to be amazing for the fed.

And that's why I want to make this announcement now. Making it to KC feels like a tired sprint for me, and I think it feels like a tired sprint for the fed. At the end of the sprint for me is a long break, but at the end of the sprint for the fed is an amazing team that's ready to do a lot of great stuff.

When KC is posted in hopefully a week or so, I'll make another post and do the usual - the thanks, the shout outs, the nice words to the people that have been with me through what feels like forever on creative and what, improbably, was in actuality 2 years and eight months. When I was able to give it my all, I had a great time leading the fed. When I wasn't able to, I spent most of my time feeling terrible I wasn't doing as much as I should. But in the end I love this place and what it's given me a chance to do. I love it, but I am burned out in every sense of the phrase, and I need to leave it in someone else's hands for the future.

I'm going to give KC one last (hopefully) awesome match and the best RP I can muster for a character I'm altogether lost with, write my final note, and then, perhaps, I'll see you when summer rolls around again.

With Warm Regards,
Harthan

Well, life has to come first. I am new to WZCW, so didn't get around to know you much, but from your contributions, I can see why you are such an important member of the creative and this fed. I am sure we'll see you back after sometime.

Thank you and best of luck.

Cheers Bud. It was a pleasure working with you during my last run on creative. I remember when I first began WZCW and you were the guy who really got my characters push going, letting me win the Mayhem Title off you so we could screw Milenko over and put him out of WZCW for the first time (not sure if that was the plan but it worked to perfection). It's a struggle to make the proper commitment to WZCW and I'm glad you were able to redeem yourself and walk out on your own terms. You always were a great mind to have on the team. Good luck and enjoy your retirement, I know I am :)

Cheers Bud. It was a pleasure working with you during my last run on creative. I remember when I first began WZCW and you were the guy who really got my characters push going, letting me win the Mayhem Title off you so we could screw Milenko over and put him out of WZCW for the first time (not sure if that was the plan but it worked to perfection). It's a struggle to make the proper commitment to WZCW and I'm glad you were able to redeem yourself and walk out on your own terms. You always were a great mind to have on the team. Good luck and enjoy your retirement, I know I am :)

You evil evil man LOL. Even in an e fed politics still exist I suppose.

I think you could argue that you are the most underrated overall by other members imo. You accomplished so much, bested the best on many occasions but you still aren't talked about with the likes of Ty, Showtime, Titus and Everest for some reason. Your Lethal Lottery winning RP, your KCIV RP, and your whole buildup to the title and defending it are some of the most solidly written RPs ever. Forever a mark for Drake.

I'll always appreciate you opening your inbox to me when I went through my family situation. Thanks for being willing to step in on short notice when the fed needed you. I think your busy schedule inhibited you from giving 100%, but at least you were always loyal to the fed.

Cheers!

You're a great RP'er and a cool dude, I won't say any hollow words about your time as head of creative since I am pretty sure I was absent through most of it, but that whole situation cemented you as an even cooler dude in my mind. Have a good'un, hope to see you back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back