• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Things I noticed about WWE superstars

Sora/roxas

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok so i was cathing up on Superstars on hulu, and i noticed a few things. The over all wrestling is definately good enough for the main shows. Its not as bad as people say it is.
Another thing is that the comentators have absolutley nothing to talk about. The superstars arent carrying any stories so they cant talk about any fueds really. Most of them dont have previous championships they cant list off.
Also the show is well put together. A good entrance. seperates Raw and SD! so they dont just switch back and forth at random.

So what would you improve about Superstars?
Is it worth it when they can just have some of these matches on the main shows?
Or do you not even watch Superstars?

Superstars is just a means of lesser known guys to obtain exposure. It's essentially what Sunday Night Heat was.

I've only seen the show two maybe three times but I think it's O.K. The lack of big names and storylines does make it feel a little dry. If your looking for solid matches from guys working their asses off to get noticed, though, Superstars is the show to watch as their isn't much time available on RAW or Smackdown for them.

First let me say this, I love Superstars. I look forward to watching it every week. Of course it isn't even close to RAW or Smackdown, however it is a phenomenal show. I like Superstars for the very reason of being able to tune in one week and not be totally confused or baffled having not watched it in a couple weeks. Superstars is a solid action show. We don't get promos or backstage skits, its a solid show in which I can sit down and enjoy pure wrestling.
So what would you improve about Superstars?

Hmmmm, the one improvement I would suggest would be a few more Mid Carders on the show. Notice I didn't say Main Eventers. But yeah, mid carders. Unlike main eventers, mid carders are the ones who aren't exactly as over as some of their main event colleges. Mid Carders such as Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, or Ted Dibiase. These are the guys who need to showcase their wrestling ability a little more. And Superstars is the right place to experiment with moves and in ring wrestling ability.

Next improvement I suggest would involve changing networks. I know the WWE would have to take a leap of faith with Suerstars to just jump up and move. But when I hear people like the OP or other less than often watchers, say Superstars is actually good, it makes me think they can survive on cable networks with a little more traffic and ratings. Perhaps Sy-Fy or even MyNetworkTV would work wonderfully.

Is it worth it when they can just have some of these matches on the main shows?

Yeah I think so. I think I explained this in the first paragraph, Superstars is a show which I can sitdown and enjoy without following some type of storylines like on RAW or Smackdown. Superstars can priovide solid action when you just wanna watch wrestling. Sure i'd love for some of these matches (Berretta and Hawkins) on Smackdown or RAW, but I love Superstars (for the most part) the way it is.

I watch superstars alot...not every week but almost every week. the wrestling is definately good. Its also nice to see more guys like Primo and Zack Ryder get more exposure than they would on RAW or Smackdown. take ryder for example, when he's on RAW, he jobs to everyone. but on superstars, he has a good match and gets the win every once in a while.

to improve it, i would say maybe have some more bigger names on the show. the first match they had when it debuted on WGN was matt hardy vs Undertaker. they should have some main eventers occasionaly.

i dont havent seen much of seperstars because i keep forgeting when it is on but what i have seen from it is pretty good if you just want wrestling to talking no guest host. They have had some good matches on it chris jericho v john morrison, chris jericho vs goldust and etc they were the first two to jump to my head but i like to see ocasionly a mid card title being defended and maybe a title change happen occasionly so then it brings more interest to the show. I reckon if you bring in some mid carders and you could give some nexus's members experience by putting them in some matches and maybe and occasiony let sheamus and morrison wresle as well just to gain some more expsure for matches and you could start some fueds on te show it as well apart from that it is fine

I don't watch Superstars on a regular basis but I do when I have nothing better to do. It isn't a bad show. It helps get many supertars exposure who don't get exposure on WWE every week. It has a good theme to it. We get to see matches from Raw and Smackdown. See, Superstars isn't a new show though. WWE just brought it back. It was a show in the 80's I think or maybe the early 90's. All in all superstars isn't to bad, I just don't watch it because it means nothing to me and I can't really get excited for it as I wait for TNA to come on. Superstars doesn't have bad matches and I really enjoyed the Baretta/Hawkins series as I tuned in every week for those matches. Superstars accomplishes what it needs to, so I think it is fine and needs no adjustment.

I love Superstars and I watch it every week recently. I also just made a thread called Superstars most promising... superstars you can peep it in the WWE section. But yeah it usually consists of 3 very good matches from the people we don't get to see on Raw or SmackDown. They're worth seeing, hence making a show just for them. And yes I also remember Superstars being on air during the late 90s on USA if I'm not mistaken.
In terms of the commentators having nothing to talk about, I see it as they aren't confined to plugging whatever Main Eventers or storylines they have to plug, and they just call the damn match. I find I enjoy the announcing and can tolerate it better than having to hear Jerry Lawler reply to Cole in his usual ignorant fashion.
The only thing I can think to improve would be to move it to a station that every area has. I don't even get WGN on TV in upstate NY and have to watch online.
They should also promote one or two superstars to Raw or SmackDown soon, because there are some more deserving than those on the Main Event shows, and definitely show off members of the Nexus and Corre in matches on Superstars, along with Alex Riley and others who get no ring time.
Having Superstars is definitely worth it because I don't see them cutting into story or promo time for matches from less established wrestlers just for inclusions sake. Superstars is great for pure pro wrestling. I'm very glad I discovered Superstars. I hope to see some NXT 4 contestants show up after the season is over, since there are at least 3 that I would love to see in WWE.

Honestly, the only reason why I tune into Superstars is to catch a Darren Young or Ryder match. Those guys are great talents and are not showcased enough. But, Superstars is fine the way it is. The purpose of the show is to allow lesser known wrestlers to get noticed.

I think its a great show, but the way to improve it would be to introduce a lower card title (similar to the european or tv title). This would then be a title that could be exchanged on raw, sd and sometimes on Superstars as well. It would give these wrestlers more recognition, a reason to cross promote superstars on the big shows and give superstars a slight more purpose.

This is what happened on Sunday Night heat where the light heavyweight and hardcore titles would regularly defended and sometimes be exchanged!

I occasionaly watch Superstars. I like seeing some of the lesser known guys that dont always get TV time on Raw or SmackDown. Sometimes you do see a really good match as well, which is always a bonus.

I do think that some of the upper mid-card guys could occasionally appear on Superstars though, as the main event if they havent got a match scheduled on Raw or SD that week, the viewing figures for the show would definitely increase. Guys like McIntyre or Rhodes would be good to see on Superstars every now and again

I love superstars. They have some good matches on there and really show case some talent that otherwise doesn't get much t.v. time. I think they should promote it more Smackdown and RAW so that way some of their younger talent has a chance to showcase what they got and prepare them for a run on Smackdown and RAW in a much more efficient way.

I honestly only watch SuperStars for Trent Berreta and Curt Hawkins. I will tune in if I read a spoiler that says Yoshi Tatsu or Goldust are competing.

Sometimes they do have higher stars on the show, though. Jericho was on SuperStars when he was feuding with Nexus. He wrestled Tatsu and (Obviously) won. Orton also wrestled on SuperStars once, in a very good match against Primo. I also remember ECW having a #1 contender's match.

Though the star power isn't the best, I love WWE Superstars mostly because of the WRESTLING!!! That's what WWE is supposed to be. Not an hour plus of talking and promos. Granted the mic skills are important, but the matches are what draws in the end and more often than not, Superstars doesn't dissapoint. I'd advise anyone who hasn't seen it yet to watch it sometime. Could it be used better? Sure. Superstars could be a lead up or follow up show Raw or SmackDown. A feud could be mentioned or semi continued through the show. It can be cut and dry, but the matches are always pretty good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back