• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

There is a new megastar in Hollywood, and his name is Wade Barrett

Remix

Is a thin rope
@WadeBarrett said:
Here is the first chapter of #DeadManDown ‘Stories From The Set’:

On my first day on set, we were filming a particularly intense scene, and things just weren’t clicking with the cast. It was looking very bleak, so imagine my amazement when COLIN FARRELL came up to ME requesting acting advice! I thought to myself: “You couldn’t make this up!” I gave Colin a few words of wisdom and whaddya know?? The next take, he nailed it! The cast and crew immediately hoisted me onto their shoulders and a rendition of “For He’s a Jolly Good Fellow” broke out. I could see the sheer admiration in the eyes of everyone in the room. As I climbed down, the Director had two glasses of champagne waiting for us. After we had clinked glasses, he looked me in the eye and said: “Thanks for saving the movie, champ.” I shrugged it off – I wasn’t in this for the ego boost - but that was the moment Hollywood realized that a new megastar had arrived, and his name was Wade Barrett.

@WadeBarrett said:
On my second day on set, we were filming the first of my many lengthy monologues in the film. After nailing my performance on the first take, I was walking off set when suddenly a hand extended out in front of me, followed by the words “Mr. Barrett… that was the most incredible piece of acting I have seen in my entire career.” I looked up and couldn’t believe my eyes; it was none other than ‘Mr. E.T.’ himself, Steven Spielberg! I thought to myself: “You couldn’t make this up!” Spielberg proceeded to tell me how he was about to start shooting a major feature film about the Greek God ‘Adonis’, and how I would be perfect for the role. At this point he offered me a tremendous amount of money to take the part – I’m blushing thinking about it. The only problem: I would need to leave Dead Man Down immediately, thus ruining the film.

I told Spielberg where he could shove his offer. I explained to him that I became an actor because of my passion for the art - not for the money and fame - and I wasn’t about to sell out to anyone. Spielberg left the set like a scalded cat, and I decided to put the matter to the back of my mind. As I returned however, the entire cast and crew were staring open-mouthed at me. That’s when it clicked: I’d completely forgotten that I still had my mic on – they had heard the whole thing go down! Dead Man Down’s lead producer came up to me and exclaimed that he couldn’t believe one person could possess so much integrity! Before I could respond, the cast hoisted me onto their shoulders once again, and a chorus of “For He’s a Jolly Good Fellow” rang out across the set.

I don’t consider myself a hero for my actions that day, but everyone else certainly does. Hero or not, that was the day that Steven Spielberg realized there was a new megastar in Hollywood, and his name was Wade Barrett.

Wade Barrett: Justifying WWEFilms one tweet at a time.

First WWE film I will admit to having some excitement for. Although I wasn't too critical of The Marine, thought it was better than the average pointless action film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back