• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The WWE/TNA Exchange

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
First off, I have to give a rousing applause to the dirtsheets. Last month they reported TNA did not get anything out of letting Ric Flair go to Wrestlemania and the Hall Of Fame, now it turns out they did reach a deal.

Dixie Carter was interviewed by Busted Open Radio and confirmed that they indeed reached an exchange agreement.

TNA President Dixie Carter was interviewed on Busted Open Radio and she discussed PPV buys, Garett Bischoff and what the company will get for letting Ric Flair appear on WWE TV.

When asked about Ric Flair going into the WWE Hall of Fame, she said it was an easy decision and she couldn’t stop the “greatest wrestler ever” from appearing. She said in the next few months we will see something from WWE for the company allowing Flair to attend. She added that this was all she would say and that she probably said too much already.

WWE has already shown a bit of favor for TNA by inducting Hulk Hogan's Twitter account, which is very TNA heavy, as one of it's alumni accounts as well.

For what it’s worth, WWE added Hulk Hogan to their Alumni list on Twitter this weekend. Hogan’s tweets now show up with the other WWE Alumni tweets.

Reports point to one or more WWE employees heading south for a DVD on Sting, Ric or Hogan.

It was reported around WrestleMania 28 that WWE had agreed to send one of their talents to TNA, most likely for a DVD appearance, in exchange for TNA allowing Ric Flair to appear at the Hall of Fame ceremony. Word came out later that the talent WWE would be sending likely had a history with Ric Flair, Sting and Hulk Hogan.

We don’t have a full report from her appearance yet but TNA President Dixie Carter appeared on Busted Open Radio earlier this week and talked about how it was an easy decision to allow Flair’s Hall of Fame appearance.

I'll say it's a nice gesture and it's great that the two companies can work stuff out and get along. There's no reason for the two to have animosity towards each other and this clearly shows it. I gotta hand it to Dixie, for as much flack as she gets, she definably is quite the public figure for TNA. You never hear a negative thing out of her and it's all good will when speaking.

Care to speculate on the name/names coming down? My guess, Arn Anderson. Ric's long-time right hand man. He seems to be the only one who fits the bill as far as having history with Sting, Hogan and Flair. Unless WWE would actually send Steve Austin.

My interests and curiosities are piqued on this too Killjoy, will it be Arn Anderson it is very likely, I mean Double A has had history with all three men.

1) Ric Flair - This one's obvious, we all know their intrinsic relationship with each other spanning back to Ric being a kayfabe cousin of the Andersons, and then of course the Four Horsemen.

2) Sting - Joined along with the other Horsemen in jettisoning Sting from the Horsemen during the "Icon's" short lived association with them. (That storyline was classic by the way).

3) Hulk Hogan - No one else in the 1990s could say they beat the pre-Hollywood Hogan Hulkster twice in a row, but Arn Anderson sure did. I vividly remember those consecutive editions of Monday Nitro where Double A outfoxed The Hulkster, really good stuff.

I personally am hoping for The Enforcer to show up on a TNA produced DVD, it could be bad ass.

Which brings me to what I want to say in addition to what the OP stated, it would be nice to see WWE and TNA work together more often on projects. For some reason, a lot of fans here in the IWC think it's business suicide to ever do so, but I say "bull" on that. Granted TNA is nowhere near the level of a WWE, I think we more than know that already, but news organizations like ABC and NBC have been known to work together. Marvel Comics and DC Comics have collaborated quite often.

So there is precedent for other entertainment media to have competitors work together, hopefully this is the start of something that we will see more often, because the wrestling business could sure as hell benefit from such a dynamic. Hell, Vince's father never had a problem with this practice, just scour the internet for matches that used to feature the WWWF Champion competing against the NWA or AWA Champion, that stuff would make all the fans happy in the long run, and that's what things should be about at the end of the day...the fans.

because he has a connection with Sting, you have to say it's either someone who has been in TNA or WCW.
someone with WWE that has had past connections with Flair/Hogan/Sting will possibly appear on a TNA DVD. and this helps TNA how? I'm assuming this will be like an interview/commentary, and not a one time match. whoever this wrestler/former wrestler will be, will DVD sales increase just because OMG person X is now doing an interview/commentary on a DVD? maybe I'm not seeing it, but I don't think this helps TNA to get better/improve.
if it was a bigger name/star then maybe. like say if it was Undertaker (Mean Marc in WCW) then maybe WWE fans are going to buy a TNA DVD. but I doubt it's Undertaker.
personally I think what would help TNA is for the name "TNA" and/or "Impact Wrestling" to be seen on WWE TV or WWE DVD. then WWE viewers could see it and maybe watch TNA.
TNA should get something good, they allowed one of their employees to do something for the other company/competition.

1/4/10....I just so happened to be flipping between wwe and tna a bit...mostly stayed on tna.... I found it funny that on one of the 1st commercials I saw a commercial of hogan telling people to change and watch impact. obviously that wouldnt work since tna isnt on mondays but I do think running commercials during raw would help. a talent for commentary/interview/voice over wont help at all. If it wasnt $$$ atleast for advertisement and it wasnt a mention...it isnt worth shit imo.

I say they just let Bobby Roode show up on Smackdown and Squash Jinder Mahal. They could promote his appearance as a big deal. It hurts no one and then Johnny Ace can fire Mahal for embarrassing the company and saying that this piece of crap does not represent WWE in any way. It would be fun to see. Besides, its not like TNA is actually going to capitalize on the plug. They always find a way to fuck things up. lol

For some reason i keep getting the thought of Booker T. Book has history with all parties becuz of the WCW ties and with Flair and Sting due to his inclusion in MEM. Plus if its just for a DVD Booker has a great speaking voice and would help sell more DVDs becuz TNA fans would actually know who he is becuz of MEM. That's just my realistic thought. My completely outta the box through would be either Christian or Edge, or hell how about both? Edge's contract is up and the word is he didn't like the low ball offer he got to keep him exclusive to WWE which could set him up as TNA's biggest catch ever then when Christian comes back he could be looking for the title shot Johnny Ace promised him and when John refuses he could get passed and join Edge in TNA thus giving TNA 2 huge pieces to contend with WWE. That would be awesome( p.s what the hell throw The Miz in there 2 lol). Loads of ppl are going 2 hate this but u gotta admit if played out rite this could be huge.

What about Big Sexy. Sending him down wouldn't spoil any plans or programs. Plus it gives the big lug a chance to show off his true talent, talking, the man is pure gold when he wants to be

He has history with all 3 men is a part of TNA history with the MEM, and other groups.

I think one guy is being overlooked here (likely the first time that's been said) who has history with all three guys AND is an active performer on the WWe roster...

Hogan -
[YOUTUBE]8SfRsM-nUoI[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]bNMF5gbSMeE&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]​

Flair-
[YOUTUBE]oZxNGvyeBtc[/YOUTUBE]​

Sting-
[YOUTUBE]b1PxIctu8d8[/YOUTUBE]​

Not to mention, his other acquaintances on the TNA Roster...

Kurt-
[YOUTUBE]Kjy9v29whwE[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]OOoSDgBFYI8&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]​

RVD-
[YOUTUBE]Dsk9-Eb_Jo0[/YOUTUBE]​

Bully & Devon-
[YOUTUBE]JoMynG2ICQc[/YOUTUBE]​

Jeff-
[YOUTUBE]zRkru98-zCo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

He might even like a wee word with the Blueprint-
[YOUTUBE]2PU3cusdKeY[/YOUTUBE]​

This would be much more interesting than guys like Arn, Booker, Nash, Steamboat or Foley who all carry the stigma of being retired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back