• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The WWE Series: 9) Sin Cara

What kind of investment has Sin Cara been so far? Positive, Neutral, or Negative?

• Positive

• Negative

• Neutral

Results are only viewable after voting.

Adam Rush

Can you feel...the electricity?
What kind of investment has this man been to the WWE? Positive, Neutral, or Negative?

Sin Cara is an interesting case. The 29-year old used to botch everything: moves, entrances, etc. Now he only botches a couple moves, but he and Ziggler had that one spot problem in the MitB match. I thought this guy was a future star at one point.
:lol:
Now, Cara is still pretty far from gold IMO. His merch sales may be good, but, coming from a Sin Cara fan, I think he's been a negative investment.

Thoughts? Opinions? Requests?

Negative.

I think that he in useless without a cruiserweight title. He is a brilliant high flyer, if you let him shine. I would have him take the US title and get a manager who can talk for him. Then it may be a neutral

Very Neutral IMO.

He is something fresh & new. He is entertaining. Could be that next nig face WWE needs! Not to mention he sells merch for WWE!

His lighting is more annoying than a Heel Michael Cole. He is Mr. "Botchamania". He can't work 90% of talent without a ref that speaks spanish. He has done nothing but get injured and return a different color!

Sin Cara could end up being bigger than Mysterio IMO. But between the language barrier, botches, & injuries. He will most likely flounder for a year or two more, than get released.

I can see him being one of the MOST negative investments for WWE, if things go even more wrong.

I was actually going to request Sin Cara if you didn't do him today. I had to pick negative as of now. he was injured a lot of the time, and he botched quite a bit in the beginning. He is starting to come around now, but he is just not a guy I can see competing for any titles in the near future. He has the capabilities to be a Rey type of guy, but he has a long way to go yet.

He is basically on par with what Ultimo Dragon was meant to be. The next big star with a different ethnicity. Sadly, Speaking the language is pretty much a must have in the WWE where you're only as strong as your worst promo.

I voted neutral, but i also give him a twist of negative, here's why: the neutral part is because he is selling merchandise and he's popular with the kids, but in the ring is negative, it's ovious that he doesn't have chemistry in the ring with his oponents, and like many people said, he doesn't speak english much, he's injury prone, and i think as soon as his contract is up, he may be future endeavoured, the Ziggler thing wasn't his fault do, i'm not hating on sin cara, i'm mexican too, but i'm just being realistic, unless they find a couple of right oponents for him, or have chemistry with a new oponent, i don't think he has much of a future in the WWE........

I voted negative on Sin Cara. Personally, I'm just not all that impressed with him. He's the definition of a classic spot monkey: there's no reason to care about him, he brings nothing to the ring except flashy flips, has no personality or charisma to speak of, doesn't know how to tell a story inside the ring, etc.

Since returning from his injury, Sin Cara hasn't botched very much, if at all. At least, not that I've seen, so at least he's improved on that bit. The guy might be hot shit in Mexico but frankly, I just don't see it. Take away the hundred different variations of a hurricanrana that he does and the leaps from the top rope and you've got a little colorful guy in a bright mask.

my opinion of sin caras investment is bad. He is not new in fact all i think he is a new age wannabe ultimo dragon. The guy has had almost no mic time because of the language barrier. He botches his moves, and entrances way to much for a guy who is supposed to be so great in mexico.

And I truly believe the only reason he is still around is because little kids love to watch him. If he dosent turn it around and stop getting injured he is going to get the future endeavours pink slip.

Sin Cara IMO has been a bust so far! He was supposed to be the next rey rey but sadly he is not! IMO he is not even on par with Ultimo Dragon or psychosis! He botches alot of moves in the ring cannot speak a lick of english,which is huge huge must in the WWE universe. he cant tell a story in the ring and all he has is nifty little flips,tumbles,and is finisher from the top rope is impressive.

Sin cara is still green in the ring IMO! You cant botch the way he does and he has to learn to speak english to connect with the universe. He is miles and miles away from being the next rey mysterio.

Unbelievably negative investment, thought after a year things would get better for him but things just aren't working out. His debut year was a disaster from the struggles to adjust to working in a WWE ring, to getting a suspension despite being on the main roster not even half a year yet, coming back to a useless feud with Hunico before getting injured at Survivor Series.

Since he's come back it's the same shit he was doing last year. Facing random low card stars and getting quick wins while displaying high spot after high spot. His work has gotten a tad better since before he went out with injury but the man has absolutely no direction. And due to an obvious limitation cannot connect with a crowd. This also makes it more difficult for him to call spots in his matches which usually lead to his fuck ups in the first place.

I don't think they'll get rid of him, kids enjoy seeing him and he moves a good amount of merchandise and is bigger hispanic draw than Del Rio is thats for sure. So he will remain safe for now but to say the man has been anything more than a liability is laughable. And I had high hopes for Mistico in WWE, It's a shame things just haven't been able to work out for his career there.

Although he's a little positive with being fairly over with the fans (especially with the kids), it was a coin toss for me between negative and neutral. After reading other posters' posts and viewing the polls, in the end, Sin Cara has been a negative investment to the WWE so far for me. Like what everyone has said, he botches some of the moves he makes, getting himself frequently injured. This is like what, his second return from injury recently? Seriously, was he always was a glorified botcher during his glory days in Mexico? So much for being a Mexican Sensation.

He may be back from injury (again), but the WWE has got to be keeping a close eye on him from now on. One more false move, and I'll be surprised if they won't fire him.

I'd say he's neutral. When Sin Cara first debuted, every move he did was basically a botch. I remember one time, they had to redo his whole match against Heath Slater a while back. Getting injured was probably the best thing that happen to Sin Cara. After his return, Sin Cara started to botch less, and when he botches, it's less noticeable that it was before. He has really improved since his return, and I wouldn't drop the ball on him yet. One of his greatest challenges still is the language barrier, and I'm not sure how Sin Cara can still progress with out talking on the mic. I watched some of his stuff as Mistico, and he's pretty good in the ring with Lucha Libre wrestling. Next week will probably be Sin Cara's biggest test since his return against Cody Rhodes. If he can put on a clean solid match with Rhodes, then he can slowly turn into something positive.

I'm going to have to go with a negative investment. He has botched far too many moves and hasn't been able to talk on the mic so far. Part of the blame might go on WWE for limited his move set just like with other wrestlers such as Daniel Bryan. He is still a draw to the younger audience. Botched too much moves and entrances to be a positive investment.

i voted neutral. the guy has not really done anything that much to impress me yet in wwe. he is a great in ring performer and has a great look. but i don't know if his style of wrestling is suited to that of the wwe. we know he has had problem's adapting to life in wwe and has ruffled so feathers (dolph ziggler)but i think with a little more time. i'm sure he will turn out to be a great investment for the wwe.

I haven't really gotten behind this guy as a wrestler, he may be able to pull off some sweet moves occasionally, but the whole lighting angle and him being hard to work with, that with all the injuries and wellness policies he hasn't done much in terms of becoming a superstar that is over with the crowd besides the young kids who think he is cool because he is like rey mysterio. So far he has been a negative investment and not really anything special in terms of a WWE superstar at the moment.

I have definitely not been impressed one bit with Sin Cara.

I was a fan of some of his work as Mistico and familiarized myself with him in that role, but I knew that he was going to have a tough time meshing in the E.

He simply does not have anyone to really work with here. He could maybe have a solid feud with Mysterio or Evan Bourne or someone like that, but that is all Cruiserweight shit that Vinny Mac obviously is not a fan of.

He was a BOTCH-machine before his injury ... and while he has cleaned some things up, has become kind of boring in the ring since coming back.

I am still curious to see where things go with him, but I could easily see him not being around anymore by WrestleMania 29.

Sin Cara is awesome and has a lot of potential to live up to. Granted he has not accomplished much yet in WWE other than defeating his evil twin, but the potential is there. He has very entertaining matches, the special lighting that sets him apart from everyone else (I enjoy that), and is gaining popularity. I can see them pushing him further in the future, but if so they will have to get around the fact that he never talks. Either he will have to begin doing promos, or remain a midcarder forever. Where's a great manager when you need one these days? Oh yeah, they don't really have those anymore. They need one for this guy.

I had gone ahead and voted positive, although I went more on potential this time around. They have invested a lot into this character and he can be very successful. He surely hasn't been a negative yet. It's a bit early to be making the call here though. It's honestly neutral leaning toward positive. I'd like to see this character succeed and it certainly can, it's just a matter of booking properly and giving him decent angles to win. An Intercontinental Championship reign or two and a manager to help him get past his lack of promos would both help quite a bit. Give it time, Sin Cara will be a positive investment for WWE in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back