• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The winner of Tough Enough is... (Keep All Discussion in Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmo

Occasional Pre-Show
This is based purely on my own opinion so I therefore can't be wrong (but will no doubt be told otherwise).

After weeing "Big Andy" win TE it got me thinking that had Edge not retired recently would the other guy have one.

If you look at it, he is reoughly the same build and size as Edge and could work his way up to the role pretty quickly, where as the other guy would have turned out to be some generic mid-carder in no time??

Am I wrong?

No. No. No. NO!

Anyone who watched Tough Enough, knows this was a waste. Luke was the one who should have won it. Andy is nothing but a future endeavor. He cried every episode about missing his wife and kid, and with his wife having his second child, I highly doubt he'll stay on the road with WWE for a year. He'll start off, probably as a jobber, and eventually ask for his release to be with his family. To be a WWE Superstar you have to be willing to put your career before your family, and Andy just can't do it.

As far as him being the next Edge, NO. And I repeat, NOOOOOO! Edge's career was amazing! I cannot see Andy even coming close to the World or WWE title. Maybe Tag if they pair him up with a partner, and possibly the US or IC title, but nothing more. If you go back to watching Tough Enough, Andy isn't that good on the mic, and he doesn't have that much charisma. Those are two KEY components that every champion needs.

Unless they send him straight to FCW and get him A LOT of training, Andy will be nothing more than a jobber.

What worries me is that Andy was already in FCW before Tough Enough took place. He was competing as Kevin Hackman, then he was release one month prior to take part in TE...

Why release him for tough enough to try and win a contract if he already had one. Unless i am mistaken. He may of been released then tried out for tough enough like Cristina Crawford, but yeah...it just seems rather fishy.

No. No. No. NO!

Anyone who watched Tough Enough, knows this was a waste. Luke was the one who should have won it. Andy is nothing but a future endeavor. He cried every episode about missing his wife and kid, and with his wife having his second child, I highly doubt he'll stay on the road with WWE for a year. He'll start off, probably as a jobber, and eventually ask for his release to be with his family. To be a WWE Superstar you have to be willing to put your career before your family, and Andy just can't do it.

As far as him being the next Edge, NO. And I repeat, NOOOOOO! Edge's career was amazing! I cannot see Andy even coming close to the World or WWE title. Maybe Tag if they pair him up with a partner, and possibly the US or IC title, but nothing more. If you go back to watching Tough Enough, Andy isn't that good on the mic, and he doesn't have that much charisma. Those are two KEY components that every champion needs.

Unless they send him straight to FCW and get him A LOT of training, Andy will be nothing more than a jobber.

luke wasnt any bttr. luke can only play the cocky heel and the wwe has plenty of tht. remember daniel puder. he was the cocky heel and what happened. u saw him for a couple of weeks then at the rumble and then never again. luke was just the same.

look at miz. miz is the rockstar/party boy. do u really need another one. and early randy orton was the same. uv got too many luke type superstars already.

andy is somethng new. 6'5 290 pounds. hes got the look. hes got the talent. watch the fcw tapings from bill demott vs luke and bill demott vs andy. andy did a much bttr job than luke in the ring.

and to tell u the truth both did bttr jobs than a lot of current wwe superstars.

but at the end of the day. there are too many lukes around and they needed somethng new.

i actually thought it wudv been bttr if andy actually had a match on raw. but lets see where his character goes.

I see Luke ending up in the WWE anyways and probably be "bigger" than Andy but just because he looks like Edge doesn't make him Edge. ¬.¬

I also saw he was already on FCW's website so I was like... wtf!?

Also the actual choosing who wins smelt fishy first both Bill and Trish say they think Andy will win, then McMahon comes out almost ONLY to balance the "vote" but no one really just said Luke should win =/

Also the slap and stunner on Andy? lol?

No he's not...I am tired of He's the new FITB

The reason he was released is they wanted some ringers in the competition. Since USA chose most of the cast they wanted a few people they had already invested in so that of none of the indy guys were good enough they had someone to fall back on.
Martin was the guy who was supposed to win and then he got injured

Really it dont matter as Alicia, Luke will get developmental contracts. So will Martin when he is healed and perhaps even Jeremaih and the big man if he can get in shape

Neither of the two is show ready so really I think it will be 2012 before we see them again unless they do an Austin/Andy vs Luke and Vince at Summerslam

Don't know about Andy being the next Edge, but they picked the right guy. When Luke took his shirt off he looked like a 12-year old kid with his first weight set. Shitty physique, and that is most likely (in my opinion) why he won't ever be in WWE. Granted he is lean... but he is not muscular, no V-torso, as Booker T said, no it factor.

although i whole heartily believe luke should have won, for a split second i did almost mistake andy for edge but that in no way shape or form does that mean i feel that he could ever re place or live up to adam copeland.

What worries me is that Andy was already in FCW before Tough Enough took place. He was competing as Kevin Hackman, then he was release one month prior to take part in TE...

Why release him for tough enough to try and win a contract if he already had one. Unless i am mistaken. He may of been released then tried out for tough enough like Cristina Crawford, but yeah...it just seems rather fishy.

Tough Enough has been filmed for awhile. They knew Andy was the winner so they had him down there getting trained. I give Luke credit for selling the loss like a pro last night even though he knew that Andy was already the winner. Andy has a good southern boy gimmick to him. I think he could be put into a nice tagteam, maybe with Husky Harris or something like that. It's been awhile since we had a Cowboy gimmick up int he WWE.

No, Andy isn't the next Edge. Assuming he has any halfway decent career at all (I remain doubtful) it will be more in a mini-Nash kind of way. Andy, deep down is better suited to play a "big man" than he is playing someone like an Edge. Physically, he isn't even close to the same body type that Edge has.

Tough Enough has been filmed for awhile. They knew Andy was the winner so they had him down there getting trained. I give Luke credit for selling the loss like a pro last night even though he knew that Andy was already the winner. Andy has a good southern boy gimmick to him. I think he could be put into a nice tagteam, maybe with Husky Harris or something like that. It's been awhile since we had a Cowboy gimmick up int he WWE.

andy was in fcw in 2010. tough enough was taped arnd jan. and feb.

they released him frm fcw so tht he can go to tough enough. if what ur saying is true then tough enough was taped around september or october 2010. and that doesnt sound right.

So Luke was the runner up to Andy in the tough enough finale on raw which means Andy gets the contract
Although I'm not happy with that I do see Luke pulling a miz move and even though coming second in TE he will find his way to in the wwe and eventually to the main event

My questions are
Do you see Luke being signed?

How do you think his career would turn out from this point forward

Were you happy of who won the Tough Enough competition?

I have compared Andy to Edge ever since I saw him....... Same Jaw line, a bit taller with bigger shoulders but the boy can move! Like his potential.........

Luke would have went home if Martin did not get hurt. Like Andy think he has a ton of potential. There aren't that many big guys anymore. He fits the perfect role. They had Andy doing moves of a light weight in TE that's why he didn't look great every week like 200 lb. Luke. Andy is what I want to see in a WWE Superstar not some guy that looks like everyone else!

I think Luke will get signed. He's reall skinny though, needs to bulk up for WWE. He looks like pretty much everyone else in WWE so why not sign him, will he be a main eventer? probably not but how can we know for sure. His look is pretty boring and his TE gimmick is used all the time. I say the best thing for the wrestling biz would be to send him to TNA where he could be boring like everyone else over there.

I'm going to have agree with dtroppe. Send him to TNA. His shade of bland will match everyone else's. And the legendary Sting can put him in his place. Maybe Kurt Angle can snap his ankle for us. And as far as what Slack has said, disagree. I don't see Jeremiah, Eric and two women getting signed. I would be all for Ivaliese or whatever the blonde chick's name is. But Martin will definitely find his way to FCW.

Luke showed off first because he had character to go along with his work. But I think his character was about as developed as it will ever be. I think Andy has a bigger upside to him. Luke is too gimmicky. He came across like he was a character and not himself. Andy comes across like he is being himself more which is what makes a real superstar.

Every superstar or legend has said that they are versions of their true self and Luke just didn't seem to be that. He is cocky, sure... but he just seems like he was a gimmick. He might get signed, but he is not going to main event ever I don't think.

When I was watching TE I couldn't compare him with any wrestler. So how bout we let him be Andy before we can start comparing him to other stars?

I also feel it's unfair to mistake his family as weakness. He's allowed to miss them, it has not gotten in the way of what he's achieved and I don't see it as being an issue unless, assuming he's in the business for years and is burnt out.

To me the difference was Luke didn't seem to appreciate the opportunity to even get a contract, let alone be successful enough to be that "rock star." Andy at least respects the business, appreciated the opportunity and went about his business with honor. You had Young Cool Hand Luke drink like he's won something already and Andy wasn't shown drinking a shot until the end.

The better man won, and let's see where he goes. I want to have Andy be Andy not him be the next anything...

Luke is charismatic, he's athletic, everything that makes a superstar. He should have won, it was either him, Jeremiah, Matt Cross, or Martin. Stone Cold only picked Andy because of that bull shit sympathizer about Andy needing to feed his family. He may be a hard worker, but honestly, he's a bland wrestler, his moves are boring and predictable.

Luke will most likely get signed, he just needs to improve. Winning Tough Enough is actually a bad thing, because the winner is already very bland, and WWE realizes that, and fires the winner. But as for the losers, they get time to practice and train and become great.

Miz, John Morrison and Skip Sheffield all lost Tough Enough. After getting time to train, Miz and John Morrison are one of the biggest stars, and Skip Sheffield is probably going to be with them on that level.

So winning Tough Enough is a curse, but losing it can give you the opportunity to become better, and WWE can except people that way. Luke, Jeremiah, Matt Cross, and Martin all deserve to be signed, because Andy quite frankly sucks.

I have compared Andy to Edge ever since I saw him....... Same Jaw line, a bit taller with bigger shoulders but the boy can move! Like his potential.........

Luke would have went home if Martin did not get hurt. Like Andy think he has a ton of potential. There aren't that many big guys anymore. He fits the perfect role. They had Andy doing moves of a light weight in TE that's why he didn't look great every week like 200 lb. Luke. Andy is what I want to see in a WWE Superstar not some guy that looks like everyone else!

Pretty bad comparison in my opinion. Andy from what I've seen just doesn't have the charisma that would put him on Edge's level. Even when Edge was a mid-carder with Christian during the Attitude Era he had the charisma that truly made the mid-card worth watching just as much as the main event.

Granted there's always room for improvement and all reality shows are heavily edited.

Still, I thought Luke should have won.

Luke will probably get signed. I'd love to see him in a tag team with Jeremiah. They have good chemistry and they'd do that road rocking gimmick really well. It'd be a great addition to the faltering (and that's putting it lightly) tag team division.

I think Young Cool Hand Luke will be in the business once he proves he can appreciate it more.

It just seemed like he acted like the WWE owed him something already. He has potential but in the end his cockyness got in his way in this one. You can't think you're a rock star already when you haven't won shit yet. He is a wiesel and it caught up to him.

Miz, John Morrison and Skip Sheffield all lost Tough Enough. After getting time to train, Miz and John Morrison are one of the biggest stars, and Skip Sheffield is probably going to be with them on that level.

Uh.....what?

John Morrison LOST Tough Enough? You sure about that? Seems to me that I remember John Hennigan (Johnny Nitro/John Morrison) was the Season 3 co-winner with Matt Cappotelli.

Luke had too much of an attitude. He wanted to LIVE the lifestyle without actually WORKING it. He was too cocky and was more about the fame and money. I hope WWE DOESN'T sign him.

If I were a betting man, Id say Martin gets signed for FCW developmental. He wiped the floor in TE for a few weeks in a row until he got taken out by a minor injury. If he didn't get the injury, Im sure he would've made it to the last 2 and most likely won it.

Seriously you guys don't see how this works?, just about everyone that was on TE will get some sort of developmental deal, this happens with almost every TE class, one person wins and they get the big contract then we hear reports start to trickle in on how so & so from TE has just signed a development deal with WWE, over the course of the next few moths WWE will be quietly be signing these guys and further training them in development, I'd be surprised if they didn't already have contracts drawn up for the majority of them at RAW last night, in fact I think one of the main reasons they brought everyone back, and listed them was to see which ones got reactions, so they know which ones to really focus on

I wanted to like Andy, but that dude comes off as having emotional problems. He always looked like he wanted to kick Stone Colds ass. even last night he looked like he wanted to kick Vinces ass. If he gets hazed like most guys get when they hit wwe , I think that guys will lose his mind.

Luke will get hired, i'd bet on it. remember some of this stuff is a work and guys like Martin and Jeremiah were well liked and if they had talent, then WWE won't let them go. they'll go down to FCW, stay a little longer so that WWE can sell Andy first , and them trickle them into the show later.

hell even Skid Marks is working on the indy circuit so you might see him soon.

Luke has the look that WWE likes, he wasn't all that small standing next to SCSA and Vince. The Audience already hated him with a passion.... c'mon, thats a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back