• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tough Enough General Discussion

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
I decided to start the Tough Enough General Discussion Thread because Tough Enough debuts the Raw after Mania which is in 9 days from now and there has been a lack of discussion on it. Here are my views on what needs to happen in order for it to be a sucessful WWE television show.

It needs to be believable. NXT really wasn't as believable as they had hoped it to be. At first they billed it as "Supersatrs who are trying learning how to become a Superstar and recieve a title if they won." Well the problem is every single wrestler who appeared on NXT could put on match, knew how to take hits and knew to to be a Superstar already. Tough Enough however is saying that the people who they are putting on the show have virtually no wrestling experience. I think the show should start off extremely elementary, maybe even showing how to put someone in a hold, or how to properly throw a punch. They cannot make it seem like these people are experts because it takes away from the general concept of the show. I really want to see the struggle and the trials of becoming a superstar. If they do not do this properly then the entire show will ultimately flop. I love the concept of th show but if the concept of the show is not there then it will take away from the show in general. It would be like Money in the Bank match without th ladders, doesn't work.

Next, the Trainers have to actually do things, and appear on T.V almost more than the actual Superstars. What I mean by this is they are training all ten people who want to be come WWE Superstars, so clearly they must actually appear on the show. I know there are three for sure trainers being Stone Cold, King Booker, and Trish Stratus, so they would share the time but they better actually be there. I think it would be awful if theses people magically learn how to perform as a WWE superstar without actual trainining. The trainers are what for me sells the concept of the reality T.V show because it actually is what makes the people into wrestlers. If they are going to do this right then this is how it needs to be because I want the show to be believeable and not some rip off NXT. I wouldn't mind if each star covered different categories of being a Superstar, and the people would rotate amongst all three in the episode. I really want this to ppear as a reality T.V show and not a made up show that WWE scripts.

The guest Superstars have to be a master in the concept that they are teaching. The show has already told people that Guest WWE stars will be coming to the show and present concepts to the contestants. These superstars MUST be skilled in what they are teaching or someone watching will be annoyed by the lack of dedication WWE has to the show. For example if they Yoshi Tatsu teaching stars on how to talk like a WWE superstar then I will be pissed, instead we need someone who has the promo ability of at least the Miz to be really teaching these people. I don't want this show to appear as something else for jobbers to do. Although I wouldn't mind Santino being apart of the show as someone who teaches how them how to get the crowd into what you are doing. I think the Guest Stars will be more than influential in the entire layout of the show.. This must be done well or once again it will look like the WWE doesn't care and if WWE doesn't care why the hell should I?

This must not in any way resemble NXT. I think the majority of people watched the first season of it and then stopped. (I still watch though.) The rating for NXT plummeted so fast because the concept failed. If Tough Enough looks anything like NXT then it will fall way faster than NXT did. I want this to appear as a reality show, not some written up show. I don't think they can have a single wrestling match until the finale, because a match really culminate into everything you learned.

What are evryone else's thoughts on Tough Enough.

I agree with you 100% on everything you said. My main problem though with this is that they plan to keep NXT running while Tough Enough is showing. Now i may be wrong but arent they both similar concepts? I feel NXT should end and just keep it at tough enough. Only a few hundred thousand watch NXT anyway, it has horrific ratings. I feel if they just kept it at Tough Enough they might get more viewers and it would be more exciting

I don't mind if Tough Enough is on a ththe same time as this season of Tough Enough because at least this season we know the contestants can actually wrestler because of thier past experience on NXT. If they both end in relatively the same amount of time i would guess you would see a new season of NXT again before another Tough ENough so I thinkn there would be no problem with it.

Well the thing about this season of Tough Enough is that most contestants already have ring experience. This is something WWE had a problem with, and that I have a problem, because as you said, it needs to be about turning ordinary people in pro wrestlers. Having people starting from zero in terms of ring experience. And the company who casted Tough Enough chose guys who were already training to become wrestlers. There are one or two people, at least one I know of... Miss USA Rima Fakih, who has no experience whatso-ever.
The difference between Tough Enough and NXT is, or should be, that while Tough Enough attempts to turn someone into a pro wrestler, NXT is to turn a group of pro wrestlers into Superstars.
I believe that in past Tough Enough seasons, most or all the contestants had prior ring experience. In this one, most of them do. That might be a problem.
I can't wait to watch it though.

In the past, the majority of the folks on Tough Enough were suppose to have no experience. This season the majority of them have years on the indy circuit and I like this way better. It will be an award for those who been on the indy circuit for years

Matt Cross, MDogg is awesome, he is a great indy wrestler and is the soul reason i am watching tough enough, i have liked tough enough in the past, and i like the coaches this season but unfortunately i am familiar a good amount of the wrestlers on the show because i have seen them at there indy shows. Now i wasnt impressed so it will be cool to see how much they improve with booker and scsa...im looking forward to it

In the past, the majority of the folks on Tough Enough were suppose to have no experience. This season the majority of them have years on the indy circuit and I like this way better. It will be an award for those who been on the indy circuit for years

Ok I know I am bumping this thread but it has more reason to be here now then when I first made the thread.

Although all these guys have indy experience they are really basic Indy experience so clearly it should still seem as if the guys are still green. Also a few of them don't have the look or charisma yet so this should be fine to make it seem more realistic. In addition I think as last weeks episode should suggest they clearly have a lot to learn somaybe the Indy experience wasn't that as helpful as it seems.

Ok I know I am bumping this thread but it has more reason to be here now then when I first made the thread.

Although all these guys have indy experience they are really basic Indy experience so clearly it should still seem as if the guys are still green. Also a few of them don't have the look or charisma yet so this should be fine to make it seem more realistic. In addition I think as last weeks episode should suggest they clearly have a lot to learn somaybe the Indy experience wasn't that as helpful as it seems.

Real basic? Not all of them are basic at all. Matt Capiccioni (Matt Cross, M-Dogg 20) has been wrestling for like 11 years, and is pretty damn good at it. Check out this deleted scene with him in it: http://www.usanetwork.com/series/toughenough/video/#v1317730 He's been around, and shouldn't be on the show, but should be in FCW at least.

Real basic? Not all of them are basic at all. Matt Capiccioni (Matt Cross, M-Dogg 20) has been wrestling for like 11 years, and is pretty damn good at it. Check out this deleted scene with him in it: http://www.usanetwork.com/series/toughenough/video/#v1317730 He's been around, and shouldn't be on the show, but should be in FCW at least.

Brilliant I am getting a behind the scene look and it doesn't even show him wrestling or anything he can do. It shows him hugging CM Punk. Like the guy asked in the end why isn't he in the ring right now? My guess is that in the eleven years he has been doing it he hasn't learned much. They do really try to take green people. Maybe he has the technical but is missing something else. Your evidence isn't that good of evidence.

I liked it alot.
was glad to see that first girl get eliminated, she clearly had never ever been a fan and definitely did not have the desire to make it.

HOW CAN YOU WANT TO BE A WRESTLER IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN EXPOSED TO IT?

I hate hate people like that.

The Austin shitting the trunks story was hilarious

Eric Watts is the only guy I see that *LOOKS* to have star potential, but I liked how the show exposed the wannabe party people vs the people that are serious and want to make it.

The idiots who were drinking after the first training session are IDIOTS! And that Luke guy looks like a fucking Alex Riley ripoff

Too many fame ****es. Miss America will probably be stripped of her title because of the foul language and general ghetto trashiness.

I'd do several things different.

1, they wouldn't be in a mansion, but in a shitty apartment complex. You wanna be a wrestler? That's how it starts.

2, no fame ****es

3, no miss america, that makes it seem fake and set up

4, they MUST have experience. How fucking awful did miss "11 years" look?

5, training needs to be tougher. 3 minutes in hell? You kidding me? How about stretchin them a big, then pounding them into the mat, THEN 3 minutes in hell. If NOBODY pukes on the first day, that's a bad job at training.

As for the Matt cross stuff, they really didn't show much of him. Probably because it was a cake walk to him to do basic drills.

See, the problem with all of these "What I would have done differently" is that people are making it seem like WWE had a choice in who got casted and who didn't. Fact is, Tough Enough was casted by Shed Media and they probably had absolutely no knowledge of the people there... just saw a few who have been wrestling and decided to cast them.

As for whoever said cast people ONLY with wrestling experience, that's kind of ******ed. Why can't someone who's always wanted to be in WWE but had no idea how to start be exempt just because of their lack of knowledge? Why can't a normal person who's always wanted the chance but couldn't find a school to train at not be allowed? That's kind of a lame reason to exempt someone.

As for my general view on the show, I really like it. And I also don't mind Rima being in this season. I mean yeah she's a model and Miss USA... but come on guys, Trish Stratus was in Maxim before WWE and Maryse was in Playboy. It's really not a big deal what their PREVIOUS engagement was. Hell, The Miz was on Real World before going to Tough Enough... he didn't even win that tough enough season but guess where HE is at right now? That's right, he just beat Cena at Mania to retain his WWE title.

My favorites in the show so far are Eric and Luke. Exempting previous knowledge of ring experience (except for 11 year pro cause she put herself in that territory) I'm looking at what they do on the show and not what I already know from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back