The Who's Better Poll #8: Divas Edition!

Who's Better?

• "The Hardcore Diva" Lita

• "Stratusfaction" Trish Stratus

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
Just thought I'd change it up a bit this time. This poll is going to focus on two of the greatest Divas ever. Lita and Trish Stratus. The ultimate Divas Debate will finally be settled here in this poll. Lets take a look at the stats.

Lita:
4X WWE Womens Champion
Diva of The Year (2006)
Woman of The Year (2001)
Female of The Year (2006)

Trish Stratus:
7X WWE Womens Champion
1X Hardcore Champion
Babe Of The Year (2001-2003)
Diva of The Year (2003)

Both of these women were immensely over, Trish with a face reaction, and Lita could get a good heel pop. Especially when Lita entered the Hardy/Edge feud. In terms of title runs, Trish is better, However, I believe that Lita is the better diva. I just feel that she was better in the ring. She was almost likea Hardcore Cruiserweight. Ive never seen a diva perform high-flying moves like Lita. Im not saying Stratus is bad in the ring either, but she (In my opinion) wasnt nearly as good as Lita. Lita gets my vote here.

Lets hear your opinions.

In my opinion Trish is far and away the better than Lita. While, Lita did provide a great amount of entertainment value I tend to remember her career as being contingent upon the successes of her male counterparts. She was always seemingly overshadowed by her male partners whether it be The Hardy Boyz, Matt Hardy, or Edge. She came across as a supplemental character to me. Trish was able to achieve her great successes without any major long standing relationships with male wrestlers. Because of this more individualized success I am going to place my vote in favor of Trish Stratus.

For me, the only good thing about Lita was her thong. Other than that I could never open-up to her in-ring ability. Yes, she did moves other diva's can't pull off in their wildest dreams however all I saw was slop and a ton of botches. Not to say Trish wasn't ever sloppy or never botched, it just seemed to happen more frequently for Lita. Plus, Trish is blonde and is way more attractive than Lita.

It's lita for me. But Trish is a damn close second. It's a curse and a blessing that both of these fantastic divas were in their prime in the same era. See, I'm saying Lita cuz for me, she was the most beautiful and talented diva I had ever seen. And I think it's a shame they didn't think she could go on her own. Like other posters said, she was always with someone. One of the other reasons I loved Lita so much is because she is one of only a handful of divas I can think of that was able to significantly get a huge pop AND major heat later in her career. To be a part of a division where your in-ring time is limited to 10 minutes a night, if that, and still get ANY reaction at all is a monumental achievement in itself. Nothing against Trish, just liked Lita slightly more.

As much as it pains me to admit this. Lita was the better in-ring worker of the two. She wasn't afraid to do things that other divas wouldnt dare try. While Trish was by far the better looking of the two, Lita was the better worker. However if either would've faced the greatest women's champion of all time, The Fabulous Moolah in her prime, she would've mopped the ring with Lita or Trish.

I dont really think it's fair to say that Trish was way better looking than lita. I think beauty should be left to opinion, not fact.

As far as who is the better diva I cant really decide. They both have great in-ring talent and had very successful careers. Lita was the more Hardcore diva, She did high fyling moves that alot of other diva's simply could not pull off. Yet trish just had the "It" factor in my opinion, and was a little bit more of a believable champion. Sorry But I cant choose, lol.

Definatly Lita no question. I don't even consider Trish in the top five divas of all time she was totally OVERRATED!

Lita could pull of moves that none of the other divas could do. Also wrestling is about being able to wrestle and entertain a crowd not about beauty.

The only diva that even comes close to Lita's status is Mickie James. Lita could entertain a crowd better. I mean Trish couldn't even keep her fans on her side while she was a face versus the heel Mickie James.

So yeah Lita is WAY better then Trish was, is and ever will be. Trish is just thought to be the best of all time because the WWE overrated her. So Lita gets my vote.

I would have to say Trish. My reasoning is simple. Though she might not of had the high flying skill set of Lita, she was semi sound on the mat. She also had charisma, talent, beauty and as someone said the 'IT' factor. She succeeded as a manager and as a solo competitor. Lita seemed to always be with someone and when she wasnt she was hardly relevant. Lita played a support character to big storylines between the men, while Trish was the starring actress in the womens division. Both women were very talented and still are but Trish has my vote.

With that said, Trish for me was definitely one of the hottest if not the hottest diva of all time with Stacy.

I like Lita, but Trish is the total package. She's extremely hot and extremely talented. She can go on the mic, in the ring, stands out and isnt dull and has great charisma.

She and Lita are like the Rock & Austin of the Divas Division, they both had great chemistry, are the best ever in the Division and when you put them together you've got the greatest rivalry you can possibly get with such magic in the ring and via segments.

Those two are awesome, awesome together, but Trish is the greatest & hottest Womens Champion & Diva of all time. Trish has surpassed Moolah just as Lita has

I get ppl will always respect those who paved the way, but that doesnt make them the best forever. Example being Hogan & Flair, two of the biggest names in wrestling. I'd say Rock & Austin are bigger and revolutionized the industry and Trish & Lita both revolutionized the industry as well and they have surpassed the legendary Moolah and are legends themselves.

Trish is just a bit beyond Lita as near close as they both are

trish was nice to look at with decent ring ability but personaly i thought lita was a better wrestler,maybee im a little swayed by the fact shes a local girl.

Trish was definitely the greatest female wrestler of her time. She wasn't all that great when she first started wrestling, but unlike a lot of divas. She worked her ass off to learn everything she could in the ring. The WWE built the divas division around her. She could work well as a heel and a face. She could carry some of the weaker divas to a descent match.

Lita was great as well, but she was a little reckless in the ring. I know many divas are, but she was injured quit a bit. Shes they only diva I know of that had major neck surgery. She was a great heel, but most of her heat came from her real life love triangle with Matt Hardy and Edge. I'm sure most people would agree that Trish was a lot hotter.

I think neither would be held in such high regards without the other. With that being said Lita was the best. Back in 00-04 she was getting crowd reactions that were higher than most men. Lita face reaction>Trish Face reaction. Also remember that titles are given to ppl that need to get over so 7x is not really a good sign. Lita was injured more, but I just see that as dedication to the fans and her job. Even after being injuried so much she still always came back. I think during her time as a heel people just forgot all of the insane awesome things that Lita did. Hurricanerana to Christian off a ladder, Only female involved in a TLC match, won the title in 2 Raw Main events!

People have said that Lita was always with someone The Hardyz, Matt, Edge, etc. So was Trish! T and A, Val Venis, Rock, Big Show, Jeff, Jerico, Christian/Tomko etc. At least when lita was in manger roles she got involved in matchs through interference (hurricaneranas) or intergendered tag matches (where she went toe to toe with some of the guys). She also still competed in singles matches when she was with the Hardyx and Edge, as she was the Women's Champ while managing them.
Lita is way better!!

There is absolutely no contest here. Trish Stratus is the best diva of all time. She had 7 Womens Champions reigns back when there was only one divas division instead of 2, and a combined total of 828 days holding the title. No other diva has ever come close to that.... and there's two belts now. Then there's also the fact that she came in as just another pretty face, but she desired to become better, so she trained and went on to become the best ever. Trish became the standard that every single diva has been compared to.

She's a female wrestling legend, was top tier in the ring, the very best on the mic, entertaining feuds every single time no matter who she was facing, and let's not forget her epic 448 day title reign. Nothing against Lita, I like her too.... she is my 2nd favorite after Trish.... but there is just no contest here because Trish is the best diva in history and how anyone can find her overrated is beyond me when Trish is the standard that all divas after her have been compared to. She'll remain that standard for a long time. Lita is definitely the second best diva, however Trish is the better of the two.

I was a fan of Lita's gimmick more than I was Trish's, but that being said, Trish was the total package. If I had to vote, I would vote Trish. The one thing Lita really lacked is that she couldn't talk and didn't have a whole lot of personality. If you took her away from the Hardy Boys, it was even worse. She did do a lot of spots, but she got hurt a lot too. She had a great look though, and I always like the rocker chicks.

Also remember that titles are given to ppl that need to get over so 7x is not really a good sign.

Actually that's not true. Look at Triple H as the main example of someone who doesnt need a title to be over and look at his record. I understand especially with the IWC these types of arguments will be made. I've seen countless threads with comments about titles being toys & props and I strongly disagree. They matter and mean something in the business whether you are established or not. Not every title win is to get someone over or it'd only go to midcarders all the time. HHH & Flair were all over and got many titles.

And saying the titles are lesser because wrestling is scripted is low for any fan and a slap in the face to all the wrestlers and those special moments of triumph like when Shawn won his first WWE Championship at WrestleMania, Benoit & Eddie celebrating their win, Trish retiring as Womens Champion.

Titles mean something and they arent just for ppl who need to get over, Taker has had the belt quite a bit over the past few years. So that is not the case it only is in some cases. I only address this specifically since I already replied in full to this thread and I just keep seeing comments on the championships like this that are far from how it really is.

If titles were only for ppl who needed to get over a lot of us would not be watching WWE as ppl would be seeing matches for the WWE title between Jimmy Wang Yang & Slam Master J

Lita was a better wrestler , while she never had the belt that long she won it twice on a RAW main event ( with two different opponents - one being Trish ) for me that a bigger achievement than holding the title 7 times or even Moolahs joke of a 30 year reign. Trish only became watchable around 2003 , she also won the wrestling observer worst worked match of the year in 2002 ( that Jackie Gayda match- granted much of it was Jackies fault but a better wrestler ie Victoria , Molly Holly would have been able to cover up the botches).Trish does deserve a lot of credit for improving , but the main reason for the improvments was because she was working with genuine talent ie Lita , Victoria, Molly etc who helped her a lot . When it she had all the expiriance and had to work with someone really green ie Christy Hemme comes to mind, she wasn't quite able to pull off a decent match.

This is hard to decide, since both of them were really good and I loved them both back at that time. Its going to be hard to decide but I will try and choose a winner in each catagory and see who is the better overal.

Better Wrestler: Lita! Lita has always been a great wrestler and showed great moves. She has done many things no diva could even dream of doing. She has set the bar for high flying moves in the divas division and I have yet to see any other diva do anything like she has done. She is a far better wrestler then trish and there are only a few I would consider better then lita wrestling wise.

Charisma: Lita. While trish was a good face and a good heel, she was never as good as lita. Lita has had great cheers when she was a face and one if the biggest heat a diva has ever had as a heel. I think that even though Trish was one of the biggest face divas of the company, she fails to compare to lita.

Mic skills: Trish. I always thought lita was weak here. Since she started to now, Trish has always trumped lita in this area and I dont think its a compition at all in this area.

Better career: Trish. She has held the womans title 7 times and had the longest reign ever (besides moolah). Lita has only held the title 4 times and has not had the best title moments in comparison to Trish.

Made a bigger impact: This is the major tricky one. While it is true that Lita did make a new way for divas to go wrestling wise. Trish has shown that you can work hard and achieve the best. And even though Lita paved the way for Trish so to say, Trish is the one most divas look up too nowadays. In my opinion, even though most people look up to Trish, Lita has done much more for the division in showing that divas can be taken seriously and can compete in ways never seen before. Lita has shown that the best in her while Trish took time before getting far. And in the end, I do think that Trish was being pushed to much and got overrated. And so I think that Lita has one this part.

And so looking at who has the more wins, Lita in my opinion is the better out of the 2 divas

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back