Criticizing the Divas: Lita

#hamler

That's all folks.
Click HERE to Criticize Trish Stratus--it didn't get a lot of traffic.

PART TWO of my "Criticizing the Divas" series. Again, this series features some of the greatest divas to ever step inside the ring. Rules- No matter how perfect the said Diva is, criticize her. Now's your chance. Feel free to rip posts apart piece by piece. I want a dicussion here. In this thread, you have a chance to criticize...

lita-0.jpg

Lita

Lita joined the WWF in Febuary of 2000 and was instantly seen as an amazing Diva. Doing moves we usually wouldn't see Divas do. Moves such as Hurricaranas, Moonsaults, Tilt-a-whirls, suicide dives and headscissors. Lita feuded with every major Diva during her time in the WWE. Divas like Molly Holly, Jazz, Gail Kim, and most notably, Trish Stratus. She has also feuded with male Superstars such as Christian, Chris Jericho, Kane, Gene Snitzky, and Fat Matt Hardy. She pioneered the first ever WWE Diva's cage match with Victoria.

Lita is a former 4-time Woman's Champion, American Chronicals Female of the Year 2006, PWI Woman of the year 2001, PWI Feud of the year in 2005. Lita is no doubt one of the greatest divas ever in the business right next to Trish. I will even go so far as to say she beats Trish in every catagory besides looks. A very well rounded woman and diva wrestler. Discussion questions;

What is one flaw you saw in Lita?

Would fixing this flaw make Lita any better than she already was?

If you see no flaw in Lita, state why. And please don't fuck up my thread with spam. Explain your answer.

Discuss this shit

Lita definatly my favorite wwe diva of all time I can't say one bad thing about her even when she was with Edge I was still her fan. As you can tell I'm a true Lita fan and you can also tell by my username I'm a true Edge and Hardyz boy fan. Lita is my #1 rolemodel and the diva who inspired me to want to become a wwe diva or tna knockout one day. Now onto critizing her.

I'm not going to critize Lita due to the fact that she was/is as Laycool would say flawless. She is definatly without a doubt the best womens wrestler/ wwe womens champion ever and at one time she was the most popular wwe diva of all time even more popular than Trish Stratus.

Lita was great on the mic and in the ring. She was awesome as a face or a heel and not a lot of people can do that. Trish might have more accomplishments than her but Lita is better then her in all catergories. Lita is also one of the only maybe the only woman to be in a fued of the year. {2005} She is a former 4x womens champion and pwi women of the year {2002}, she also recieved another reward in 2006 can't remeber the name and she was 2002 babe of the year. Personally I think she should have been PWI women of the year more than once and she should have been the 7x womens champion. I think what hurt her was her going heel after what happened what Matt and Edge. She also made history becoming one of the first divas along with Victoria to compere in a steel cage match. She was also never boring with Lita you never knew what to expect because of her move-set which made her more exciting to watch.

All in all Lita was a great womens wrestler the best of all time and she was very unique and the first diva to use high risk manuvers she is in a class of her own. She will definatly be in the HOF one day.

While i was always a fan of Lita, I don't think of her as the greatest female wrestler of all time. She was exciting to watch, always willing to put her body on the line which so few women ever do, and tried to do things that would make you jump out of your seat. And quite often it worked. However it wasn't always for the reason it should have been. Lita, like Jeff Hardy was very sloppy in the ring. While many time i cringed at watching her perform moves, or laughed as the move looked terrible. Now I know that once in awhile a wrestler wont be able to perform a move perfect every time (save for Evan Bourne/Matt Sydal as that shooting star is amazing) but even so it was hard watching her perform sometimes.

Many times I've seen her botch moonsaults, hurricarannas, and even ddt's. And then theres the famous suicide dive that was almost just that. As a main event it was a great match, but it almost ended in tragedy.

As for her mic work. I hated hearing her talk, though thats not saying much as very few women wrestlers are great on the mic. Stephanie McMahon wasnt really a wrestler but she was one of the best females on the mic, if only cause the voice of hers just made you wanna boo her more. Trish was much better on the mic in my opinion.

I rank her high up on the list of the best female wrestlers, but someone beats her in every catergory. Trish was a better worker/talker, she continued to learn and do whatever it takes to gain more experience and would do basically anything asked of her. Trish got better as time went on, while Lita stayed the same. Gail Kim and Victoria are two of the best female technical wrestlers on this side of the world, hell probably worldwide. Other than those high risk moves Lita was just above average (in the class of women wrestlers of her time) now adays she would be a diamond in a coal mine.

That said shes still going to be HOF material and deserves it

While i was always a fan of Lita, I don't think of her as the greatest female wrestler of all time. She was exciting to watch, always willing to put her body on the line which so few women ever do, and tried to do things that would make you jump out of your seat. And quite often it worked. However it wasn't always for the reason it should have been. Lita, like Jeff Hardy was very sloppy in the ring. While many time i cringed at watching her perform moves, or laughed as the move looked terrible. Now I know that once in awhile a wrestler wont be able to perform a move perfect every time (save for Evan Bourne/Matt Sydal as that shooting star is amazing) but even so it was hard watching her perform sometimes.

Many times I've seen her botch moonsaults, hurricarannas, and even ddt's. And then theres the famous suicide dive that was almost just that. As a main event it was a great match, but it almost ended in tragedy.

As for her mic work. I hated hearing her talk, though thats not saying much as very few women wrestlers are great on the mic. Stephanie McMahon wasnt really a wrestler but she was one of the best females on the mic, if only cause the voice of hers just made you wanna boo her more. Trish was much better on the mic in my opinion.

I rank her high up on the list of the best female wrestlers, but someone beats her in every catergory. Trish was a better worker/talker, she continued to learn and do whatever it takes to gain more experience and would do basically anything asked of her. Trish got better as time went on, while Lita stayed the same. Gail Kim and Victoria are two of the best female technical wrestlers on this side of the world, hell probably worldwide. Other than those high risk moves Lita was just above average (in the class of women wrestlers of her time) now adays she would be a diamond in a coal mine.

Ummm no Lita was way better than Trish in all areas. She was the better wrestler better on the mic and she was more entertaing to watch and Lita did improve some.

Perhaps the greatest flaw I can point out in Lita, other than that gaudy tattoo and here teeth, is the fact that she set the bar for risk taking in the divas division.

While guys like the Lucha Libres, the cruiserweights, and the Hardys set the bar as high as it can go in terms of high spots in wrestling, Lita did that in woman's wrestling. She made hurricaranas, moonsaults, and other top rope maneuvers status quo in the woman's division. We can argue ad nauseum whether she was perfect in her execution of them, but the fact is, when someone today like Eve Torres does these moves (and in many cases does it better), today's fans find nothing exciting about it. They have seen it, so it's old hat. Thus, because of Lita, there is very little a diva can do today to "wow" the fans in the ring. While Beth and Natalya try to do it with displays of power, the high flyers are basically shit out of luck. Unless one decides to learn a shooting star press and hit it as perfectly as Evan Bourne, you aren't going to see new high flying moves in the Divas division.

To those who think the Divas have gotten worse, you would be wrong. They are at about the same level, which because of the quick progression from non existent division in 1997 to setting the bar in the early 2000's, seems unacceptable. Fan figured the ascent would continue, and it just can't. It's very difficult for any wrestler today to impress the audience in ring because there is simply a finite amount that two humans can do in a ring.

As far as the rest of her skills, Lita was fun to watch most of the time and is head and shoulders the top talent from the 2000's. Mickie James is probably second, but Lita set the bar, and that's important. Still, her fearlessness has a negative affect on the way we view female performers today, simply because of how unique she was as a female talent.

I never post in my own thread, but I can't have someone hating on the best diva of our time.

While i was always a fan of Lita, I don't think of her as the greatest female wrestler of all time. She was exciting to watch, always willing to put her body on the line which so few women ever do, and tried to do things that would make you jump out of your seat. And quite often it worked.

Ah, stop right there. Look as the qualifictions it takes to be considered a good wrestler or in this case, Diva. You mentioned Excitment, put her body oin the line in which few women do, and tried to do stuff to make you jump out of your seat. If that's not a good wrestler I doint know what is.

However it wasn't always for the reason it should have been. Lita, like Jeff Hardy was very sloppy in the ring. While many time i cringed at watching her perform moves, or laughed as the move looked terrible.

Show me this match you were watching. Lita, like every other highflyer would make you cring doing their moves. Doesn't make them bad in the ring now does it?

Now I know that once in awhile a wrestler wont be able to perform a move perfect every time (save for Evan Bourne/Matt Sydal as that shooting star is amazing) but even so it was hard watching her perform sometimes.

As with Evan Bourne correct? Or Rey Mysterio? It's called selling bro. If she looks as if she's going to botch something, proably because she's selling her injuries.

You mean like the thousands of other botches everyday by such guys as Kofi Kingston or John Morrison?

Wait, Stephanie McMahon better talker than Lita? Her voice has got to be oine of the most annoying voices ever. And Trish, she wasn't anywhere near Lita's mic ability. Lita at least put heart behind whatever she was saying. Sure Trish's voice was soothing but she put noithing into her promos.

I rank her high up on the list of the best female wrestlers, but someone beats her in every catergory. Trish was a better worker/talker, she continued to learn and do whatever it takes to gain more experience and would do basically anything asked of her. Trish got better as time went on, while Lita stayed the same.

Trish was absolute shit as she started. She may have grown, but Lita was always great in the ring. She stayed the same because there's only so much you can do in the ring. Her already being that great, the really didn't need improvment.

Gail Kim and Victoria are two of the best female technical wrestlers on this side of the world, hell probably worldwide. Other than those high risk moves Lita was just above average (in the class of women wrestlers of her time) now adays she would be a diamond in a coal mine.

Victoria, you said you cringed when Lita did moonsaults, how are you not going to when Tara does them. Gail Kim, what in the hell has she done. Won a couple knockouts championships in a brand with little to noexposure when she won them? Trish is a different story but you can't even compare Tara and Gail to Lita.

Yeah, while Victoria and Gail do not and probably never will.

One of the best WWE had to showcase
if i was gonna criticize

Lita although great on the mic, her voice was very nasaly which was irritating

and much like Jeff Hardy she was pretty much a daredevil who in her case could do Luch libre style aswell. Had more talent then Jeff did overall though :)

Wasn't very technical, the last few years she was a lot better however. She was far better at working the crowd then actually wrestling

people putting Gail Kim over Lita are deluded. Gail Kim is a one trick poney and has done nothing since she won the Womens title on her first night on Raw, even in TNA sure she won the Womens title and had a brief run of talent but it faded quick. her mic skills were below average too, not "Diva" level but still not top quality

Victoria on the other hand was underrated and probably woulda gone alot further had she not got injured which then put her to the back of the line and subsequently she got the Santino role. I put her on level with Sherri Martel, they had similar look, similar style but weren't really used to there full potential.

Still Lita had far more exposure and was involved in far bigger storylines.

Damn it was hard to criticize :)

as stated wrestlers stuff up almost everyday, it's part of the game and makes it seem more real, the skill is to keep going. and you do realise there's 2 people involved right? who's to say the other person was in the wrong position.

the best of the best have all stuffed up countless times, so does that make them really bad too?

Not sure I understand this thread. It's supposed to be about criticizing her which while a few people actually have done, are running into arguments and defenses from the others, including the OP which makes this whole thing an exercise in futility.

Saying Lita was the best female wrestler of all time is neither a criticism nor true.

Despite being a huge lucha libre fan, I've never been a fan of Lita. For one, she overshadowed a much more talented Essa Rios just because she was a girl and could do a few of the same moves. I think Lita gets way more credit than she's due, especially considering she wrestled in her very short-lived prime in what was closest to a Diva heyday as WWe would ever get and there was bonafide technically-sound talent (Ivory, Jacqueline, Jazz, and particularly Molly Holly) that could make her look good in the ring.

In her post-lucha style days she was made to look good by Gail Kim and, my personal choice for "best WWe diva of all time," Victoria. She then stopped wrestling mostly altogether (aside from a short feud with likewise vastly over-rated Trish Stratus) and did valet work in which she was arguably decent once she turned heel and joined Edge, in that kind of grating, Vickie Guerrero kind of way.

Lita's success, like Jeff Hardy's, is closely associated to her appeal to the female fan-base which, as a male, I must admit, I never really understood except that she's punky, had a few nifty moves, and a neat-o fashion sense. I don't mean that to sound sexist, I know plenty of girls who like good wrestlers, too.

Criticizing Lita is easy, Let's start with her mic skills, she spent a great deal of time with the Hardy's and unfortunately was about as good on the mic as Jeff is (and her voice was the deepest of the 3!) Listening to her promos was like listening to a cross dressing father of 3 trying to plead his lifestyle choice on an episode of Jerry Springer.

Then there is 'her' moveset, if you can call it 'hers'. Outside of punch and kick Lita had all of 4 moves and 3 of them were stolen! Hurricaranna, Moonsalt and TOF were all staples in the wrestlers she worked with arsenals that she 'borrowed' for 'her' moveset (esa rios & The Hardy's)

And to the person who claimed she was better at everything over Trish Stratus is insane at best. The only things she was better at Trish at was stealing moves and damn near killing herself.

I never post in my own thread, but I can't have someone hating on the best diva of our time.

But you did say this is a thread in which to criticize Lita, did you not? That's all Syn appears to be doing if you ask me, he's merely giving his opinion on Lita, not 'hating' on her...

As for my own opinion on Lita, she's right up there with my favourite divas of all time, perhaps only second to Trish who I feel was ultimately a better all round performer in the end. I think what first attracted me to Lita was that she debuted with the high flying Essa Rios and was performing an array of moves which we largely hadn't seen divas do in WWE before, the moonsaults and hurricanranas etc and so she was a pionneer in that sense. Lita was different from what female wrestlers had offered in the past...simply put, she was exciting to watch.

Then WWE made another wise decision and placed Lita with the equally exciting and very popular at the time Hardy boys, which in turn saw Lita gain more notoriety and success as the female member of 'Team Xtreme'. As for her mic skills, eh they were decent I suppose, certainly as good as any of her peers at that time but it wasn't until she became a full fledged heel with Edge that we saw her true oratory skills as whenever she took to a mic she drew intense heat and while a lot of that probably had to do with the love triangle and people's genuine hatred of her, she still has to be given credit as she exhibited personality a lot of the time.

My only criticism (and it's a minor one) is that she did appear sloppy at times, her punches and general movement around the ring weren't as crisp as they could have been and in that way I can see why someone like Syn would say it was her flashy moves which made her exciting to watch and that's fine because she got over by doing them. Of course, following her neck surgery she was never the same in the ring, she toned it down and really wasn't as exciting as the years before her injury and that is very understandable given the sort of injury she sustained.

Overall though, Lita was great, I loved her and she was certainly as good as and probably better than 99% of the other divas in her class...

Criticizing Lita is easy, Let's start with her mic skills, she spent a great deal of time with the Hardy's and unfortunately was about as good on the mic as Jeff is (and her voice was the deepest of the 3!) Listening to her promos was like listening to a cross dressing father of 3 trying to plead his lifestyle choice on an episode of Jerry Springer.

Then there is 'her' moveset, if you can call it 'hers'. Outside of punch and kick Lita had all of 4 moves and 3 of them were stolen! Hurricaranna, Moonsalt and TOF were all staples in the wrestlers she worked with arsenals that she 'borrowed' for 'her' moveset (esa rios & The Hardy's)

And to the person who claimed she was better at everything over Trish Stratus is insane at best. The only things she was better at Trish at was stealing moves and damn near killing herself.

Stealing moves? get off your high horse before I push you off. You look quite frankly stupid making such an argument when just about every wrestler has borrowed (or as you say stolen) moves. Austin borrowed the Lou Thesz Press, the Stunner, The Million Dollar Dream and countless other moves. Orton borrows the Angle Slam, RKO, DDT and countless other moves. Batista borrowed the spear, powerbomb and you guessed it countless other moves. The list is endless.

What you failed to mention and what divas should look up to, is the fact Lita improved as she continued to wrestle. She learnt from those around her, those with a similar style. She learnt to do high flying moves way before joining the WWF, so to say she simply copied Essa Rios and The Hardys makes you look very stupid. Yes she started to do the Twist of Fate, but it was to go along with the character. It was no different than Austin doing the Million Dollar Dream when he was The Ringmaster. Lita broke down many barriers and to be honest nobody in WWE has followed through, she was unique in many ways.

Even Trish borrowed moves because she had to learn from someone, you learn moves others before you have used and it is very rare nowadays for anyone to come up with something brand new. Everything Trish did in the ring had been done before, so again I'll say its a stupid argument to make.

As for Lita 'damn near killing herself', she was a high flyer. Most high flyers always take a risk because unlike a DDT it isn't actually safe. I can't think of one high flyer who hasn't botched a move or ended up looking like they killed themselves performing a move. Did Brock Lesnar nearly break his neck at Wrestlemania doing a high flying move? Did Benoit look like he broke his back when hitting the announce table badly against Booker T? Then the countless Sabu examples and countless other examples I could go on about all day. It happens.

Stealing moves? get off your high horse before I push you off.

Cyber violence is so 2006. Although I'm HARDlY worried as since you're a Lita mark you'll probably botch the push anyway and hurt yourself.

Austin borrowed the Lou Thesz Press, the Stunner, The Million Dollar Dream and countless other moves. Orton borrows the Angle Slam, RKO, DDT and countless other moves. Batista borrowed the spear, powerbomb and you guessed it countless other moves. The list is endless.

Borrowing random generic moves is commonplace indeed, using the signature move of the guy standing next to you is akin to a little sibling copying what the older sibling is doing and no matter how bad a version it is the family watching claps just cause they tried. In WWE she was that annoying lil sister.

Yes she started to do the Twist of Fate, but it was to go along with the character. It was no different than Austin doing the Million Dollar Dream when he was The Ringmaster.

Yes and we all know how great The Ringmaster gimmick was! Screw the SCSA version, bring back The Ringmaster!

As for Lita 'damn near killing herself', she was a high flyer. Most high flyers always take a risk because unlike a DDT it isn't actually safe. I can't think of one high flyer who hasn't botched a move or ended up looking like they killed themselves performing a move. Did Brock Lesnar nearly break his neck at Wrestlemania doing a high flying move? Did Benoit look like he broke his back when hitting the announce table badly against Booker T? Then the countless Sabu examples and countless other examples I could go on about all day. It happens.

I never said people don't botch moves, I said that one of the only things she's better at Trish at was Botching Moves.

Okay..I LOVE this thread, I really can't criticize much about Lita since she's absolutely amazing at least, in my opinion. I won't say she's the BEST EVER women's wrestler, but she is by far, probably one of the top 5 women's wrestlers ever they've had in WWE so far. I know many divas today list her and Trish Stratus as their inspirations for being where they are today. For those who know me around here, they know by my WZ name alone that she is my inspiration, just for being a more open and honest person, and for not giving an F of what people think.

As for Lita, she didn't care about being different, whether by wardrobe, appearance, her moveset, or her attitude. The tattoos were part of what made her original. As for those who didn't understand the tattoos... let's think about other women who are popular today with tattoos.. (Megan Fox, Pink, etc..need I go on?) Anyway, her moves popularized by her time with training in Mexico with the lucha libre style. Everyone does an adaptation of their own way. RKO is a modern version of Diamond Cutter. The Mick Kick was another version of The Chick Kick.

Of course she was able to mix it up with the guys as well, and that's what made her appeal to both guys and girls. The angle with the Hardys, and her appeal in fighting with the girls. Guys desired her, girls wanted to be like her. She was able to show that you could be punky, different, and still be beautiful.

Perhaps the greatest flaw I can point out in Lita, other than that gaudy tattoo and here teeth, is the fact that she set the bar for risk taking in the divas division.

JJ...you know I like ya and all, but I gotta ask some people on here, is there anything wrong with girls being tatted up like that? I mean, I do have a a tattoo like hers, and other tattoos on both my arms, I've never been told they were hideous. But then again, we do know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Again, we know that unfortunately, as good as Lita is, she did get a bit of a RAW (pardon the pun) deal during the unfortunate storyline come to life of Matt-Lita-Edge. Did she suffer with that? Yes. Do I think that cost her some fans? Yes, but in the end, her TRUE fans did still support her no matter what. She did have a raw deal after being with a man who pandered to the fans, like Hardy did. Lita was one who was able to maintain success by having MONSTER feud with Trish Stratus, and could go out balls to the wall by taking chances for any matches (Remember the Steel Cage match with Victoria?) All in all, she is one who will never be forgotten, and it will be far pressed for us to find one that will measure up to her standard anytime soon.

Okay..I LOVE this thread, I really can't criticize much about Lita since she's absolutely amazing at least, in my opinion. I won't say she's the BEST EVER women's wrestler, but she is by far, probably one of the top 5 women's wrestlers ever they've had in WWE so far. I know many divas today list her and Trish Stratus as their inspirations for being where they are today. For those who know me around here, they know by my WZ name alone that she is my inspiration, just for being a more open and honest person, and for not giving an F of what people think.

As for Lita, she didn't care about being different, whether by wardrobe, appearance, her moveset, or her attitude. The tattoos were part of what made her original. As for those who didn't understand the tattoos... let's think about other women who are popular today with tattoos.. (Megan Fox, Pink, etc..need I go on?) Anyway, her moves popularized by her time with training in Mexico with the lucha libre style. Everyone does an adaptation of their own way. RKO is a modern version of Diamond Cutter. The Mick Kick was another version of The Chick Kick.

Of course she was able to mix it up with the guys as well, and that's what made her appeal to both guys and girls. The angle with the Hardys, and her appeal in fighting with the girls. Guys desired her, girls wanted to be like her. She was able to show that you could be punky, different, and still be beautiful.

JJ...you know I like ya and all, but I gotta ask some people on here, is there anything wrong with girls being tatted up like that? I mean, I do have a a tattoo like hers, and other tattoos on both my arms, I've never been told they were hideous. But then again, we do know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Again, we know that unfortunately, as good as Lita is, she did get a bit of a RAW (pardon the pun) deal during the unfortunate storyline come to life of Matt-Lita-Edge. Did she suffer with that? Yes. Do I think that cost her some fans? Yes, but in the end, her TRUE fans did still support her no matter what. She did have a raw deal after being with a man who pandered to the fans, like Hardy did. Lita was one who was able to maintain success by having MONSTER feud with Trish Stratus, and could go out balls to the wall by taking chances for any matches (Remember the Steel Cage match with Victoria?) All in all, she is one who will never be forgotten, and it will be far pressed for us to find one that will measure up to her standard anytime soon.

While I've told you before that I'm not a fan of tattoos to begin with, I can take to them better if it looks good or right on the person. Case and point, The Rock looked good with his brahma bull, but that huge thing he got in 2003 was kinda big and weird looking. That's about how I feel about Lita's. If it was smaller and had something in it that meant a lot to her, I could buy it. It seemed just like a big glob on her upper arm though, and it wasn't my cup of tea. That said, when I was in high school when she debuted, I loved the alternative type girls so I was definitely down with the hair and wardrobe choices.

I hope the rest of my post wasn't ignored because I really meant what I said. This is the diva that set the bar perhaps too high for the future. She was fearless and fun to watch. I can't say that for most female wrestlers. In my generation, I went from seeing Alundra Blaze to today's divas, and for my money, Lita's is the one I actually anticipated watching. That's saying a lot, but again, I do think she set the bar incredibly high for everyone else. Kudos to her, but it sucks if you are today's Divas doing moonsaults and people going "eh" because they've seen it before. Why? Because Lita did it first.

I cant see much to criticise about Lita. If we are having a go at her in ring work as being sloppy then what the hell can we say about 90% of the other divas??

Yes, Lita may not always have performed her moves perfectly, but what wrestler does? She, along with Trish and Victoria...were so far ahead of nearly all the other women the WWE have employed over the last 10 years its not even funny.

She wasnt amazing on the mic, but then again which divas are? She was certainly one of the best in my book. At least she had some mic time and was able to use it decently.

Her high flying moves made her stand out, and compared to most other women, she had a much wider moveset which actually entertained the crowd rather than sending them to the food stands to buy a pretzel or whatever.

I cant even criticise her look, as it was hot as hell. I thought Lita was a beautiful woman, I liked her outfits, tattoo, hair, basically everything. She was something different to the cookie-cutter Divas Vince likes to usually employ.

But

If I had to say anything at all in criticism of Lita it is that maybe on occasion she didnt land all her moves 100% right, but that is a critisicm of nearly all wrestlers

Let me start off by saying Lita is and always will be my favorite womens competitor of all time.

I'm just going to come right out and say it... I see no flaw in Lita.

She was amazing in the ring and could hang with the best of them during her time in the WWE and could wipe the floor with any Diva today. Her high-flying moves made her stand out from any other women. She brought something to the division that no other women could. The way that she put her body on the line was extremely impressive. I'm always on the edge of my seat when I watch one of Lita's matches.

She was pretty good on the mic, too. As a face, she could really get the crowd to feel her pain and connect with her. Lita has gotten some HUGE pops during her time with the WWE. When Lita was a heel, she basically got booed out of the arena. When she got on that mic, she could diss the crowd and easily turn them against her. Lita almost always had the arena in the palm of her hands.

One thing that I LOVE about Lita was her look. The way she dressed was so different from any other woman. It was different and set her apart from the average 'Barbie' diva. Her signature shoulder tattoo was awesome. It's not everyday you see a woman from the WWE with a giant tattoo on her shoulder. The one thing that was really great about Lita's look was her hair. That fiery red hair really stood out. Most divas had blonde or brunette hair but Lita, yet again, stood out from the crowd. She was unique and nobody can ever replace Lita. She was one of a kind.

One thing that most people can't say about themselves, is she could play both a heel and a face to perfection. Like I stated before, she could get the crowd with or against her with ease.

Yet another thing that was different about Lita, was her theme song. It was a loud, hardcore song that made you want to get on your feet and dance. Most of the womens wrestlers' theme songs were very generic and alike. Nobody's theme can, or ever will be, able to compare to Lita's.

I was saving this topic for last. People almost always compare Lita to Trish Stratus. Let me tell you, Lita was way better than Trish Stratus in EVERY way. I don't care how much red rep I get for this. Lita had a better theme, a better look, better in-ring ability, and better mic skills. She was involved in more interesting story lines and should have had more title reigns. The main reason Trish even got a chance at the title was most likely her looks. Trish accomplished more, but Lita was is way superior to her. Lita is more deserving of Trish's accomplishments.

I could talk all day about how amazing Lita is, but I'm going to stop now. Lita will definately be in the HOF one day and will always be remembered as one of the greatest womens wrestlers of all time. It was a pleasure posting in this thread.

I appreciate those who posted commenting on the fact that I got blasted for criticizing Lita (including by the original poster, who says he never posts in his own thread) in a thread that is based on CRITICIZING the wrester in question.

Its one thing to comment/respond on what someone (me or anyone else) says about Lita, its another thing to bash that persons point of view.

In my eyes, my opinion, Lita is NOT the greatest female wrestler of all time. I enjoyed watching Trish more than Lita, however i enjoyed watching Lita more than 98% of other divas at the time and to this day (actually id probably watch a Lita match over any other current diva now adays). Im not criticizing Trish in this thread because this thread is about Lita.

I comment (and others) on how i found her sloppy, how she botched moves, or how i didnt like her on the mic. People then respond saying what diva or wrestler doesnt mess up a move now and then, or doesnt look sloppy sometimes. If this is the case, where by posting what you dont like about someone, all the fans comment that all wrestlers screw up sometimes, or that most divas are worst talkers than Lita, what is the point of these threads.

The idea what to list what you DIDNT like about Lita. I didnt like her on the mic, and preferred Trish, but likewise people will like Lita more than Trish, it is their preference. I thought she was slow and sloppy in the ring sometimes (not always). She was still a better in the ring than most divas. However, Gail Kim, Molly Holly, Victoria, and Mickie James among others are all better technical wrestlers. They may not fly as high or take as high risks as Lita, but as a wrestler, they were better. They are/were the ones who made others look good in the ring. The way Angle, or Shawn Micheals can turn anyone into gold.

People arguing the accomplishments of Lita as a factor that makes her better than Kim, Holly, Victoria or James or any other diva is pointless. Wrestling is fixed, the champions are chosen to win. Lita was given the title, she was selected to be pushed harder than the others, like Trish was pushed harder than Lita. It doesnt mean she was a better wrestler than the others, she just had a better "it" factor than the others, or played better backstage politics.

Lita was a great diva, one of the best of all time. And like comparing Rock to Austin, Cena to Orton, everyone is going to have a favorite who they think is best. In my case, and a few others, Trish was. While Lita, or another Diva may be someone elses favorite.

As much as I love Lita... and I mean love love LOOOOVE Lita, literally would not hesitate to go to bat and defend her honor... I have to say that her greatest assets were her downfall.

For example, her moveset was one in a million. Never, before her, would you see a diva do a suicide dive onto the outside and nearly break her neck. Never, before her, would you see a diva fly off the top rope or around the ring as much and as beautiful as she did. She was literally in a class of her own.

But not just for her moves alone, but also for her gimmicks and her look. Lita is without a doubt the only girl I can believe to be into hard rock because that's what I saw her as growing up. She literally has this rocker chick body that just works for her but at the same time that's different.

Other than that, she's literally flawless in my eyes. I've never watched a Lita match and saw anything bad about her. I've never heard Lita in a bad promo. Lita was just the picture perfect diva, though she did have flaws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back