• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Unwritten Pro Wrestling Rulebook (funny)

I came across this article today and thought it was pretty funny. I figured some of you guys would get a kick out of it as well:

The Unwritten Pro Wrestling Rulebook

It presents some interesting points, such as all these tropes and maxims that occur precisely nowhere else in the world are just perfectly accepted in wrestling. It's kinda what makes me like wrestling though. I especially liked the "Cage Match Shackles," haha.

And just earlier this week I found an amateur wrestling rule book and forwarded it to my husband trying to be funny. Thanks for the link.

It's kind of showing all the things casual fans see and take the piss out of, but wrestling fans just accept as part of making the show entertainment. I have to say i enjoyed reading through that and for each rule thinking, "yea right enough" haha. I especially liked the bit about the signature moves and how people always happen to end up in the same position or making the same mistakes allowing guys to do the signature moves. Like how come in every Ryder match his opponent always ends up falling to the bottom of the turnbuckle in a position to hit the broski boot haha.

Funny read and thanks for the link

Ya, the Cage matches never fail to hurt my suspension of belief, when they're standing right next to the door and decide to climb up the other side.

Other things like the Finishers and Weapons always kind of cut into my brain, I have to try to not think during most wrestling matches to actually enjoy them.

Hahaha thats brilliant!! I remember trying to explain the finishing move idea to a girl (thats right, you heard me) before! She was also flipping out that the miz had attacked a ref, which iv noticed girls always do, but thats a story for another day!

It has a weird extra momentum. Any finisher done is twice as powerful as if it wasnt a finisher, do it on a chair, its twice again! A moonsault and body splash are essentaily the exact same force, but that guy done a flip so double it!

I think we came to the conclusion that (much like tinkerbell or terribithia) everything is powered by the crowd! The more they believe, the more it works!!

Great article!! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back