The true face of WWE

Lets be honest, the question isn't who is the biggest legend in the WWE at the moment, which is undertaker
the face of the WWE is what represents them, when people say WWE in normal conversations someone will go oh yeah isnt john cena in that?
when it's opening day at a ballpark who will throw out the first pitch? the undertaker? people will be like wtf who the hell is this goth? John Cena will be throwing that pitch.
i could go on and on on a list of these. John Cena represents the company as a whole, therefore he is the face.

Yeah I'm with RKGO2SLEEP, John Cena is obviously the face of the company, I mean if WWE wants to send someone to host Saturday Night Live, I don't think that they would send the Undertaker, people would be like ''dead'...hahah get it, dead, because he is the ''Deadman''...ok that was a bad joke, but they would obviously send Cena or maybe another charismatic superstar, like when The Rock was in SNL, that was very funny.

randy orton is the face of the wwe.. when people tune in to watch raw , they dont say " i wonder what john cena's going to do? " randy orton is always the main topic when you talk about or watch wrestling.. cena doesnt even entertain people anymore because he does the same stuff every week and fights the same loser every week .. orton is unpredictable and he's greatness in rare form .

foreverRKO. i love randy and hes my 2nd favorite,
but ive seen you in a couple threads now and your opinon is completely untrustable, you go to every thread just going I <3 RANDY ORTON.
look at the mine and gabriels posts, thats what face of wwe means

randy orton is the face of the wwe.. when people tune in to watch raw , they dont say " i wonder what john cena's going to do? " randy orton is always the main topic when you talk about or watch wrestling.. cena doesnt even entertain people anymore because he does the same stuff every week and fights the same loser every week .. orton is unpredictable and he's greatness in rare form .

No...you are an idiot. I'll tell you why Orton currently is not the face of the WWE. Hello, umm...he was a heel for about 5 years. Not the best idea to have an guy who is a sadistic, cocky, arrogant, prick to lead you going forward. I don't care how often the fans would cheer for him, doesn't make him the face of the company. He wasn't the one who everyone looked at for talk shows, movies, guest appearances on television shows. How do you market a guy like that? You usually don't.

Cena has been doing all of that, and then some. He wrestles, he does movies, hell he was the Grand Marshall at the Fiesta Bowl this year. He is the face. He is the one kids want to meet. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a big Orton fan myself. But just because people want to see him RKO Edge or someone, doesn't mean he is the face of the company...just yet. Give him time, and we shall see. But for now, it is John Cena. Suck it up and deal with it.

Okay lay off ForeverRKO. why is he an idiot, cause he has an opinion? Whoever said that is an idiot for not being open-minded.

Staying on topic... John Cena is the face of WWE right now but could have easily been done by someone else like Batista. Just like they're fued said, they're carrers were practicly identicle and Batista could have easily been the face of WWE.

Randy Orton is the next face of WWE. Not just because I'm a fan of his but because its whats resonable and unlike Cena, Orton has done stuff that nobody has done before and can not be duplicated.

And Taker is the unofficial face of WWE. Hes always gonna be a name that goes with WWE but not the guy for marketing and stuff.

The RKO Era is upon us!

Okay lay off ForeverRKO. why is he an idiot, cause he has an opinion? Whoever said that is an idiot for not being open-minded.

Lol, why don't you leave it as asking why I called him an idiot, instead of calling me an idiot at the same time, chief. I called ForeverRKO an idiot, not because he had an opinion, but because his logic was faulty. Are you going to sit there and tell me that Jeff Hardy was the face back in 2000 and 2001 because the crowd wanted to see him do crazy stuff to entertain them? Hell no. Just because people want to see someone do something, doesn't mean jack shit.

The face goes around doing all sorts of stuff not only in the company spectrum, but actually goes out, and is in the public eye. As I previously stated, doing talk shows, late night and day time, movies, television shows on occasion. That is Cena right now, not Orton. Orton has just turned face/tweener, let us see where the hell they go with it. He could perhaps become the new face of the organization in the future.

You wanted a reason and you got it.

The true Face of the WWE is the Miz. The end.

HOORAH! j/k

I disagree. The Undertake is not the true face. I don't know why people still cheer for him and frankly just because he can wrestle doesn't mean he should. I think the true face of the WWE is HBK. Hes been through everything and done everything. His retirement is the end of an era. And possibly the company. So its good he went out before it folds. I think what the WWE needs to do now is reinvent itself. The only one left is gonna be Triple H and that's because hes married to Steph. So in terms of whos gonna be here the longest, that would go to Triple H. When Taker retires HHH will surpass him by 30 years.

Lol, why don't you leave it as asking why I called him an idiot, instead of calling me an idiot at the same time, chief. I called ForeverRKO an idiot, not because he had an opinion, but because his logic was faulty. Are you going to sit there and tell me that Jeff Hardy was the face back in 2000 and 2001 because the crowd wanted to see him do crazy stuff to entertain them? Hell no. Just because people want to see someone do something, doesn't mean jack shit.

The face goes around doing all sorts of stuff not only in the company spectrum, but actually goes out, and is in the public eye. As I previously stated, doing talk shows, late night and day time, movies, television shows on occasion. That is Cena right now, not Orton. Orton has just turned face/tweener, let us see where the hell they go with it. He could perhaps become the new face of the organization in the future.

You wanted a reason and you got it.

I agree. But can it also be argued that Stone Cold was the face of wwe, yet he wasnt as media frenzy as cena. He didnt start doing movies until after he left wwe. He didnt do as much interviews or do alot of the stuff cena does.

I actually have nothing against Cena. He is whats right for bussiness and he does work his ass off.

I'm just saying that Orton becoming the next face is where it looks like it might go. And that will probably only happen if wwe goes into another era as the pg era belongs to cena.

I knew I would get hated on for this thread. It didn't suprise me one bit that allot of Cena supporters would come to defend his honor. Now let me set somethings straight.

I am not saying that Undertaker should be the NEW face of the company. I take the blame for that one, I didn't word it properly. To me, he has been the face of the company.

Cena, as a wrestler, is a joke and a half. Its more entertaining to watch paint dry, then watch him wrestle. On the mic, yeah he holds his own just fine. Better then most actually.

His message is positive, I give credit to that. Be strong, and respect people. Yeah I get that. No problem there.

All I am saying is that I just do not feel that Cena is right to be the face of WWE, especially now that its going PG. My God....I have it. Since WWE is PG now, and kids love them.....how about a leperchan...hmmm Hornswaggle fits that bill.

I agree. But can it also be argued that Stone Cold was the face of wwe, yet he wasnt as media frenzy as cena. He didnt start doing movies until after he left wwe. He didnt do as much interviews or do alot of the stuff cena does.

I actually have nothing against Cena. He is whats right for bussiness and he does work his ass off.

I'm just saying that Orton becoming the next face is where it looks like it might go. And that will probably only happen if wwe goes into another era as the pg era belongs to cena.

Stone Cold was the face of the WWF in a different time, back then wrestling was viewed a little bit differently than it is know. It was a little more taboo to consider yourself a wrestling fan and wasn't as socially acceptable, besides Austin is a horrible actor and no one really wants to see him in movies anyway, at least that's the way it seemed to me.

But I'm going to say that if the kid got CH David to call him an idiot he probably deserved it, seeing that David is one of if not the nicest guys on the forum.

Cena is the face of the company because he is the most marketable and represts the company well. Don't get me wrong I love Orton, he is the reason I watch wrestling today, but do you really want the face of your company to be a guy that went AWOL on the Marines?

I knew I would get hated on for this thread. It didn't suprise me one bit that allot of Cena supporters would come to defend his honor. Now let me set somethings straight.

Wah.

I am not saying that Undertaker should be the NEW face of the company. I take the blame for that one, I didn't word it properly. To me, he has been the face of the company.

Well, you are a Cena hater, so it makes sense. Taker isn't the face of the company. He is a legend in the company, no doubt about it. But to call him the face is ridiculous. See my first response as to why.

Cena, as a wrestler, is a joke and a half. Its more entertaining to watch paint dry, then watch him wrestle. On the mic, yeah he holds his own just fine. Better then most actually.

ZOMG, CZENA ONLY KNOES 5 MOEVS!!!!!!! HE SUX!!!!!!!!

You know what, you seem like the kind of person to watch paint dry. He works his ass off to entertain the fans, and because he does what he does, you shit all over him.

His message is positive, I give credit to that. Be strong, and respect people. Yeah I get that. No problem there.

Good.

All I am saying is that I just do not feel that Cena is right to be the face of WWE, especially now that its going PG. My God....I have it. Since WWE is PG now, and kids love them.....how about a leperchan...hmmm Hornswaggle fits that bill.

Ha, smartass. I don't know if I like that or not. I'm leaning towards not at the moment, but who knows.

Also, where the fuck have you been? Going PG? It has been PG for the past what, year and a half? Cena personifies PG with his message. Much more than a dead man, and more so than a guy who DDTed and kissed a woman a little over a year ago. He is going out, doing all sorts of things for the WWE, that is why he is the face. Like I said before, accept it, suck it up, and deal with it.

Imo i think that cena is the face of wwe and there is no way that fact can be argued. He can do it better than anyone else at the moment. He is the modern day Hulk (and in my opinion one of the resons Hulk signed for TNA. Undertaker is a real legend and something that is a foundation of wrestling and the fans, but not something you market especially to kids. Undertaker is one of the reasons people keep watching but not a real reason to start.

Right now it's obviously Cena, but after watching the Orton/Vicki/Edge ending on Raw....the look of Orton and the pop for the crowd during the whole segment Orton will be very soon. I haven't really had a favorite wrestler since the Austin/Rock days but this guy is it, he's has what it takes to be the best.

I think it's entirely possible for Orton to become the new face of the company. Before you shit a brick and flame me, think about it. He hasn't done anything that Austin wouldn't have done(other than punting women), and Austin was the face of the company along with The Rock for 8 years or so. Orton has a chance at becoming the biggest wrestling name on the planet, if he's willing to work for it. Randy will need to be very civil and charming during interviews with media, appearances, and with the fans. He used to be a very troubled person when it came to attitude, but if the rumors of his leadership in the locker room are true, then it is a good sign. Right now, the only thing preventing Randy from being the face of the company is time and personal effort.

John Cena is the perfect face. From his gimmick, to his push, to his real life personality. With that said, he can't do it forever. He's going to need a break, just to prevent over exposure and to remain a fresh commodity. Right now though, he is the face of the company. The mouth piece if you will. He speaks for the company to the mainstream, and is a very nice guy it would seem.

The Undertaker is a legend in wrestling, no doubt about it. He has not been and is not the face of the company. Recognizable? Yep. The man to send to interviews? No. This awkward interview should be proof positive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpJIiRI7_bI&feature=player_embedded#!

Right now in the mainstream, I'd expect Cena, Taker, and Triple H are the most well known, possibly including Jericho as well. Cena is the only one who can be even closely considered the face of the company. That will change eventually, whether it be Orton, Punk, or someone else. Cena can't be the lone figure forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back