• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"The Third Man" by Luther_Hull

Once upon a time there were two kings, both wanted to be in power, and they got there without the aid of a third man, some called him a cunt, don't know why. This is that third man's story, as Luther_Hull tells his side of the Jake and Jonny era, and how it was all possible without him.

COMING SOON.

0653_homer-eating-popcorn-small-c7873.jpg

"The Third Man"
by Luther_Hull

In January 2007 WZ Forums was in a sorry state there was no strict spam rules and there sure as hell wasn't any tournaments. They were just a distant dream that none of us really dreamt.

So, there I was, Luther_Hull, one of the few people posting in this barren wasteland known as WZ Forums, at this point, the Bar Room got about ten posts a day, and that was a good day. It was rarely a good day. At this point, a supermod (A G-mod in this day in age) named PaulWall added me on MSN, told me I was a good poster and that I should join his forum, I did, it was shit, but I felt wanted, so I stayed.

A few days after this, Jonny started implementing a strict spam rule, with his right hand man Y 2 Jake, who at this point was a lowly WWE mod (the Dave of that day, yes, that low), they also tried to stamp out anyone who wasn't a fan, and supported PaulWall, who'd been demodded and banned, along with his followers. I argued for days with Jake over this, in fact, he started "The Luther_Hull Fan Club", it got members, which he didn't expect.

Then I noticed something, it was a "mod application form", yes this was before the days you got a mod spot just because you were popular. So I applied, then started the infamous "Luther 4 mod" campaign, needless to say nobody took the campaign seriously, Jonny said "It was annoying", Jake said "It'll never happen", then I added Jonny on MSN, we discussed the future of WZ and I was on board, despite disagreeing with everything he said only a few days earlier. Some say Nick Clegg stole my act. At this point it was apparent Jonny didn't really want me to be a mod, so he said "I'll ask Dysturbed" (The other admin back in the day), Dysturbed said yes, and I was a mod. Bar Room mod, but mod all the same.

This was a token modship if ever there was one, mainly just to shut me and my loyal followers up, but that's beside the point, the question is, just how much of a role did Luther_Hull end up playing during the "Great WrestleZonian Revolution"?

I got into the Board Room, there were about five new mods, all with actual positions except for me, though my duties now included the "Entrance Ramp" (Think the welcome thread, but with seperate threads, and no wannabe mods saying "please read the rules" to every new poster), oh, it also included the feedback forum, which mainly included me deleting posts saying "Jonny must die" or "Jonny is a fucking cunt and I'm gonna kill him and his whole fucking family, by slashing their throats and pissing down them", stuff like that. As soon as this happened, Jake was promoted to G-mod, DIAR was still there, and there were two others, realblackhart and Kapp.

A few mods then left and I was promoted to NWS mod, before I even had chance to log on and realise I was promoted I was promoted again to a fully fledged wrestling mod. Then Jake was promoted to admin, at this point it was widely recognised (In my head at least) that I was a better mod than Jake, so this was a tough break, nevertheless, relations between me and Jake had thawed, so I figured this would be a good time to get promoted, though little did I realise behind the scenes Jake was calling me "Mad, bad and dangerous" and "Beyond redemption".

Stoke were playing Hull one day, me and Jake were discussing the match over PM, and I casually slipped in "Can I be a g-mod now?", to my surprise he said "I'll ask Jonny", at this point, Jonny loved me, so I knew it was a yes. It was, I was g-mod, and I'd dare say I was at my peak on WZ in respect terms. People thought I was awesome, needless to say it was before this bullshit "Driving Discussion" requirement was brought in.

So that's how I got into my position of ultimate power. Tomorrow we find out who described who as "a pointless admin" and what happened when Chris Cash burst onto the scene.

"The Third Man"
by Luther_Hull

In January 2007 WZ Forums was in a sorry state there was no strict spam rules and there sure as hell wasn't any tournaments. They were just a distant dream that none of us really dreamt.

So, there I was, Luther_Hull, one of the few people posting in this barren wasteland known as WZ Forums, at this point, the Bar Room got about ten posts a day, and that was a good day. It was rarely a good day. At this point, a supermod (A G-mod in this day in age) named PaulWall added me on MSN, told me I was a good poster and that I should join his forum, I did, it was shit, but I felt wanted, so I stayed.

A few days after this, Jonny started implementing a strict spam rule, with his right hand man Y 2 Jake, who at this point was a lowly WWE mod (the Dave of that day, yes, that low), they also tried to stamp out anyone who wasn't a fan, and supported PaulWall, who'd been demodded and banned, along with his followers. I argued for days with Jake over this, in fact, he started "The Luther_Hull Fan Club", it got members, which he didn't expect.

Then I noticed something, it was a "mod application form", yes this was before the days you got a mod spot just because you were popular. So I applied, then started the infamous "Luther 4 mod" campaign, needless to say nobody took the campaign seriously, Jonny said "It was annoying", Jake said "It'll never happen", then I added Jonny on MSN, we discussed the future of WZ and I was on board, despite disagreeing with everything he said only a few days earlier. Some say Nick Clegg stole my act. At this point it was apparent Jonny didn't really want me to be a mod, so he said "I'll ask Dysturbed" (The other admin back in the day), Dysturbed said yes, and I was a mod. Bar Room mod, but mod all the same.

This was a token modship if ever there was one, mainly just to shut me and my loyal followers up, but that's beside the point, the question is, just how much of a role did Luther_Hull end up playing during the "Great WrestleZonian Revolution"?

I got into the Board Room, there were about five new mods, all with actual positions except for me, though my duties now included the "Entrance Ramp" (Think the welcome thread, but with seperate threads, and no wannabe mods saying "please read the rules" to every new poster), oh, it also included the feedback forum, which mainly included me deleting posts saying "Jonny must die" or "Jonny is a fucking cunt and I'm gonna kill him and his whole fucking family, by slashing their throats and pissing down them", stuff like that. As soon as this happened, Jake was promoted to G-mod, DIAR was still there, and there were two others, realblackhart and Kapp.

A few mods then left and I was promoted to NWS mod, before I even had chance to log on and realise I was promoted I was promoted again to a fully fledged wrestling mod. Then Jake was promoted to admin, at this point it was widely recognised (In my head at least) that I was a better mod than Jake, so this was a tough break, nevertheless, relations between me and Jake had thawed, so I figured this would be a good time to get promoted, though little did I realise behind the scenes Jake was calling me "Mad, bad and dangerous" and "Beyond redemption".

Stoke were playing Hull one day, me and Jake were discussing the match over PM, and I casually slipped in "Can I be a g-mod now?", to my surprise he said "I'll ask Jonny", at this point, Jonny loved me, so I knew it was a yes. It was, I was g-mod, and I'd dare say I was at my peak on WZ in respect terms. People thought I was awesome, needless to say it was before this bullshit "Driving Discussion" requirement was brought in.

So that's how I got into my position of ultimate power. Tomorrow we find out who described who as "a pointless admin" and what happened when Chris Cash burst onto the scene.

Thanks, Luther!

But yeah, some good reading in here.

EDIT: And Archives!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back