Rock Region, Third Round, 30 Minute Iron Man Match:(3)Andre the Giant vs. (11)Batista

Who Wins This Match?

• Andre the Giant

• Batista

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the Rock Region. It is a 30 Minute Iron Man match. It will be held at the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida.

300px-American_Airlines_Arena%2C_Miami%2C_FL%2C_jjron_29.03.2012.jpg

Rules: This match is won by the person with the most falls in a thirty minute time limit. A fall can be earned via pinfall, submission, countout or disqualification.

c2c099a267andreimg.jpg

#3. Andre the Giant

Vs.

latest

#11. Batista

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster. Assume that the wrestlers are coming in fresh after their first round match.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Sadly Batista takes this in his prime as there is no way at any point in his career Andre could wrestle a full thirty minutes without a lot of rest moves.

Holding my vote for the moment but wish to point out to anyone questioning if Andre could go thirty minutes that he has wrestled sixty minute matches against both Nick Bockwinkel and Harley Race.

Sadly Batista takes this in his prime as there is no way at any point in his career Andre could wrestle a full thirty minutes without a lot of rest moves.

Rest holds are not banned & even if they were Andre would have no issue here.

Batista may get a count out fall in his favor, but thats as far as it goes. Andre wrestled plenty of matches that went 30 plus & the same cannot be said for Dave. Essentially he has a much bigger fight to win this than Andre does. He only has to get one more fall than Batista & given his size/strength advantage, it is very likely he gets the job done.

Honestly leaning for Andre. Prime Andre wasn't the super slow gargantuan Hogan slammed. He was a dropkicking, headbutt-giving madman that normally wrestled passed thirty minutes. Batista is obviously well conditioned for an Ironman, don't be silly and think he'd get gassed by then. But Andre also was undefeated for like, what, more than a decade? Batista has his hands full, and as much as I like The Animal, this fight doesn't seem against The Giant at all.

Vote Andre.

One victory over Andre the Giant in this match would be huge for Batista. But nobody, absolutely nobody, is beating Andre twice in the span of 30 minutes. Therefore, the only chance I see Batista having in this match is somehow winning 1-0. I think Batista does have the versatility and agility to work around Andre without taking much damage but that was never his style. Batista wrestled like an animal, hence the nickname, and always went straight after his opponents, much like Lesnar does today. That opens him up to a lot of damage, especially against somebody like Andre of all people.

The argument that Andre can't go 30 minutes, as has been mentioned, has zero basis. He's done it and surpassed that mark many times before. Andre perhaps loses one fall due to CO, but I can't see him not, at least, tying it up before the 30 minute mark. Even if this goes into overtime, Andre has it locked up. Like I said, nobody is beating Andre the Giant twice in 30-35 minutes, not even Hogan in his prime.

Andre wins.

Andre used to work 20+ minute matches in Japan regularly in the mid to late 70's. What is 10 minutes more? This is asking him to go 30 minutes; not an hour. And Big Dave wasn't exactly known for his stamina either. The "Andre can't go half an hour" argument is extremely fucking stupid.

Batista is the type of guy that hits opponents hard and fast, while from what I have seen, Andre likes to take his time. He was very methodical in the way he would fight people. He would use his size and strength to slowly overwhelm his opponents, and his surprising speed would make it difficult for them to mount comebacks. On top of that, Andre knew how to grapple. Even more effectively than Batista. If he wanted to, he could keep Dave on the ground for as long as he wanted to. I have seen Andre apply a Figure 4 hold to an opponent with just the strength of his hands.

Plus Andre had one hell of a knockout maneuver. One that Batista has fallen victim to several times before.

[youtube]PfdDtMH0xQs[/youtube]

Vote Andre.

Prime Andre is not the one people know from the late 80s that could barely stand. Prime Batista was a hard hitting machine but he got gassed very easily and everyone knew it.

I can see Andre toying with Big Dave and losing 1 fall maybe 2 but then he would go and win the thing. Dave is Good but Andre is Great.

Iron Man matches have always been more about brain than braun. Batista has this weird image of being an idiot, but he continually outsmarted "The Cerebral Assassain." I could see Big Dave using the Lesnar approach when he faced Angle. Sacrifice a fall by murdering the fuck out of Andre's legs with a char, then go to work.

I'm amazed, but I'm going Batista.

Nice work kid, you made my bullshit detector EXPLODE!

At any point in his career, Andre couldn't wrestle a full thirty minutes without a lot of rest moves?

Where do I begin? Do me a favor; look up an ironman match between Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart, two men who aren't really known for being slow. In the first thirty minutes, you see quite a fucking few of those embarrassing "rest holds" that you feel render a competitor irrelevant. Yeah, rest holds happen to the best of them.

You might not realize this, but Andre had a career before his time in the WWF. He wrestled in matches that went well beyond thirty minutes, and handidly won them. Also; if you let Andre put you in a "rest hold", you're fucked. Enduring a rest hold from Andre is like enduring the death grip of a boa-constrictor.

Batista is a pretty big guy, who's not big enough to get his arms around Andre's waist to pull off a Batista bomb. Prime Andre doesn't lay down for a body slam, and he sure as hell isn't letting a one-off spectacle like Batista get by him in this tournament.

Vote Andre.

I just don't think Batista has enough here. The guy made heavy work of the Great Khali at his absolute peak, and I can't see how that would translate to a dominant performance over a man like Andre. Andre could obviously go 30 minutes, an argument as redundant as his inability to climb a ladder. I like Batista a lot more than most, but see this as an Andre win.

Andre The Giant here.

The success Andre has had in professional wrestling is almost untouchable. He's one of the pioneers of professional wrestling. I like Batista but my likelihood can't trump Andre's accolades. I respect Batista for laying down for Bryan at Wrestlemania 30 but he has to lay down again here.

Vote Andre.

Andre has no problem going the full 30 with Batista - and even if he does, so what?

Andre racks up a few pinfalls quick, and then sits down in the corner and lets Batista try and move him to get his own pinfalls.

Drax can't do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back