The Technology Troubleshooting Thread

A coworker of mine is trying to open up a document in Word. It's a letter that has been used for multiple years now, but now when he tries to open it he gets this:

Conversion.png

Any help as to what we need to do to not have to retype it out would be greatly appreciated. I'd even be okay with opening it in Notepad, copy and pasting it to Word and then do the formatting, but that doesn't even seem to be an option.

Would it possibly be due to using an older version of Word that it's no longer supported?

A coworker of mine is trying to open up a document in Word. It's a letter that has been used for multiple years now, but now when he tries to open it he gets this:

Conversion.png

Any help as to what we need to do to not have to retype it out would be greatly appreciated. I'd even be okay with opening it in Notepad, copy and pasting it to Word and then do the formatting, but that doesn't even seem to be an option.

Would it possibly be due to using an older version of Word that it's no longer supported?
Hmm, can you upload the file and post a link here so I can try opening it on my own?

Some of the songs on my iTunes won't sync to my ipod properly. Either they'll skip part way through the song or not even start and just skip. They work fine on iTunes just not on my iPod.

Some of the songs on my iTunes won't sync to my ipod properly. Either they'll skip part way through the song or not even start and just skip. They work fine on iTunes just not on my iPod.

Even after multiple syncs?

I was having the same issue when it came to syncing multiple podcasts at once. I would have to synce it, then sync it again to ensure all podcasts went to my iPod.

Even after multiple syncs?

I was having the same issue when it came to syncing multiple podcasts at once. I would have to synce it, then sync it again to ensure all podcasts went to my iPod.

Yup even after multiple syncs. Its strange because these songs used to work before as well.

My computer will not turn off.

When I click "turn off," I get this grey box that says "end program wpwin13.exe". And a bar that fills. Then nothing. Opening the task manager and trying to shut down from there yields the same result.

:disappointed:

My computer will not turn off.

When I click "turn off," I get this grey box that says "end program wpwin13.exe". And a bar that fills. Then nothing. Opening the task manager and trying to shut down from there yields the same result.

:disappointed:

You could try using task manager to halt that process and then try to shut down. That way you can determine if it's your computer or just that program.

wpwin13.exe is part of Corel Word Perfect. If the computer restarts trying un and then re-installing that.

Yup even after multiple syncs. Its strange because these songs used to work before as well.

That was the only suggestion I had for your situation. Sorry it didn't work out.

I would like to mention that the non-syncing issue was the first thing that I noticed regarding iTunes or my iPod not working properly. Eventually I had to completely delete everything from my iPod.

I'm not saying that the two are connected in anyway, but it might be something worth keeping in mind.

Just got a Blu-Ray player and it's already fucking up. I put a Blu Ray in, it makes it past the trailers, then it just locks up. I haven't even had the chance to watch a damn movie yet. Any idea why this would happen?

Just got a Blu-Ray player and it's already fucking up. I put a Blu Ray in, it makes it past the trailers, then it just locks up. I haven't even had the chance to watch a damn movie yet. Any idea why this would happen?

Is it locking up, or just taking a while to load the movie? Sometimes Blu-Ray movies want to connect to the Internet, and if there's no Internet connection, it takes a ridiculous amount of time to load. I have that problem on one of my Blu-Ray players. Are you hooked up to the Internet? Have you tried a DVD yet?

Is it locking up, or just taking a while to load the movie? Sometimes Blu-Ray movies want to connect to the Internet, and if there's no Internet connection, it takes a ridiculous amount of time to load. I have that problem on one of my Blu-Ray players. Are you hooked up to the Internet? Have you tried a DVD yet?

I think you're right. I am not hooked up to the internet and I just put in a DVD and it worked just fine. Fuck. I really didn't want to run internet wiring through my whole house since the damn router is downstairs, but it costs like 60 bucks to get a wireless USB thingy for this fucking Blu-Ray player.

I think you're right. I am not hooked up to the internet and I just put in a DVD and it worked just fine. Fuck. I really didn't want to run internet wiring through my whole house since the damn router is downstairs, but it costs like 60 bucks to get a wireless USB thingy for this fucking Blu-Ray player.

Or you can just be patient and let the Blu-Ray load. It's very annoying, but it probably will work. You might try another Blu-Ray, and see how it does.

Or you can just be patient and let the Blu-Ray load. It's very annoying, but it probably will work. You might try another Blu-Ray, and see how it does.

It sat that way for 24 hours. It didn't just fail to play, I couldn't get the tray to open or anything. I had to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to open.

I'll try another one though, I didn't want to watch fucking Pirates of the Carribean anyway.

If the blu-ray has a LAN port on the back, you could try something similar to a TP-Link. Depending where you look, you may be able to find one quite cheap online.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/guide/

When I go to my facebook page, this is all I get:

Invalid URL

The requested URL "/?ref=hp", is invalid.

Reference #9.14f29cd8.1342300884.2e79c2c8
It doesn't matter if I use Firefox (my default browser), Chrome, or Internet Explorer.

If I restart my computer, it will work for about 2 or 3 hours, but then it goes back to the same thing.

Why is this happening and how do I stop it?

When I go to my facebook page, this is all I get:
It doesn't matter if I use Firefox (my default browser), Chrome, or Internet Explorer.

If I restart my computer, it will work for about 2 or 3 hours, but then it goes back to the same thing.

Why is this happening and how do I stop it?

What the hell?

rkc1go.jpg

I get this when I try to go on Facebook on my computer. Not via phone.

Sounds like Facebook is having some difficulties...

Nginix is a web server, I guess the web server software Facebook uses to host their site. Why you're getting that, I don't know.

For both of you, make sure your virus protection is up to date and you don't have any malware on your computer. I always recommend MSE for best protection and scanning results. You can also try accessing Facebook through an IP address, by typing the following IP address into your URL bar.

That IP works for me. If it doesn't for you, open a command prompt and type: ping facebook.com

You'll get an IP address in response and try that IP address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back